Home

NHL 20 Patch 1.40 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Patch 1.40 Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2019, 06:18 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 20 Patch 1.40 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

I have not shpengler Cup, where here???
Old 12-07-2019, 07:03 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_MTN_BEAR
Well, just because there's a lack of detail, doesn't mean that you're actually ignoring them. Just by posting it, it's actually quite the opposite. It kind of reminds me of how EA handles their communication and community. Nonetheless, here's some added comedic relief:

"E A Sports. Ignoring all the complaints."
I meant i wanted feedback on the gameplay, not more "Snoop is a waste! Still no roster sharing!"

That was all
Old 12-07-2019, 08:40 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Patches really don't matter.

Only 20% of the sliders that you can move actually have an impact on how the game plays. The other 80% have none. (i.e. penalty sliders).

Of the 20% of the sliders that do have an impact, most ticks up or down the scale have little effect until you get to the magic number to either make the game effect be superhuman against you or the effect is as if the AI is mentally ******** with no logic in what they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2019, 05:21 PM   #36
Rookie

CDN_MTN_BEAR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
I meant i wanted feedback on the gameplay, not more "Snoop is a waste! Still no roster sharing!"

That was all
Well, only you can figure that out, as everyone has a different play style, etc., and everyone has a different opinion about the "update". Also, because you're seeing the complaints, they're directly involved in what this latest "update" entails, where the problems still persist and what the actual focus was: distractions from the real issues.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:11 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 28

I keep having the referee blow the whistle cause they lost sight of the puck - actually the puck is there but neither team can gain control, I just end up skating right past it like it is floating in air or something.
This is happening to me probably every 2 minutes of gameplay and is extremely annoying.

Anyone else seeing this now?
Old 12-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #38
Rookie

Angry Re: NHL 20 Patch 1.40 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkitos84
I have not shpengler Cup, where here???
You find the spengler cup in the tournament mode...with teams wit wrong Jerseys and wrong callnames ufa was called magnitogorsk ...
Ufa has the Jersey of the czech team and Turku the Jersey of Ufa.....

Last edited by Simon74; 12-08-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:07 PM   #39
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack72
Patches really don't matter.

Only 20% of the sliders that you can move actually have an impact on how the game plays. The other 80% have none. (i.e. penalty sliders).

Of the 20% of the sliders that do have an impact, most ticks up or down the scale have little effect until you get to the magic number to either make the game effect be superhuman against you or the effect is as if the AI is mentally ******** with no logic in what they do.
IMO if you play as everyone there is a major disadvantage. There is a slight delay when switching to players that causes you player to slow down, Its very hard to see but its there, trust me. I dont know what game mode you play on so hthat could be the issue.

So i hope this helps you out. I am strictly an OFFLINE Franchise player. That being said here are the most important things TO ME that make this game play as close as possible to real life. I say this because people have asked me what channel the game is on and i tell them its NHL20 on PS4 and they say wow i thought that was live.

OK. here goes

1. BOADCAST CAMERA - IMO the game plays differently on different cameras.

2. GM/FRANCHISE Mode -
3. POSITION LOCK ONLY - pick a position, Learn to play proper positional hockey. If you do your teammates will play there position IE AI teammates play better. Learn both sides of play DEFENSE and OFFENSE. Be in proper position and your AI team will reward you with some unreal passes and goals.

4. SLIDERS - This one is tricky. depends on what you read. Many say stock sliders are great, some say they are too wonky. Im in the 2nd party. STOCK sliders are made for playing arcade END-to-END hockey(EASHL). Total garbage IMO. EASHL is a DEKE fest without real hockey being played. MY suggestion is find a set of sliders and adjust them to your liking.

I read alot of these comments and far too many bashing this game have no idea how WRONG they are. Yes there are some issues that are unacceptable but not every game is perfect and there will always be some level of fixes that help. Your assesment of 20% of the sliders work is obviously 100% incorrect. Still hope this helps you out at least injoy this game a little bit.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:31 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
IMO if you play as everyone there is a major disadvantage. There is a slight delay when switching to players that causes you player to slow down, Its very hard to see but its there, trust me. I dont know what game mode you play on so hthat could be the issue.

So i hope this helps you out. I am strictly an OFFLINE Franchise player. That being said here are the most important things TO ME that make this game play as close as possible to real life. I say this because people have asked me what channel the game is on and i tell them its NHL20 on PS4 and they say wow i thought that was live.

OK. here goes

1. BOADCAST CAMERA - IMO the game plays differently on different cameras.

2. GM/FRANCHISE Mode -
3. POSITION LOCK ONLY - pick a position, Learn to play proper positional hockey. If you do your teammates will play there position IE AI teammates play better. Learn both sides of play DEFENSE and OFFENSE. Be in proper position and your AI team will reward you with some unreal passes and goals.

4. SLIDERS - This one is tricky. depends on what you read. Many say stock sliders are great, some say they are too wonky. Im in the 2nd party. STOCK sliders are made for playing arcade END-to-END hockey(EASHL). Total garbage IMO. EASHL is a DEKE fest without real hockey being played. MY suggestion is find a set of sliders and adjust them to your liking.

I read alot of these comments and far too many bashing this game have no idea how WRONG they are. Yes there are some issues that are unacceptable but not every game is perfect and there will always be some level of fixes that help. Your assesment of 20% of the sliders work is obviously 100% incorrect. Still hope this helps you out at least injoy this game a little bit.
Franchise offline with the perfect sliders which fits to your game playing abilities are the real and only game mode to play. Real NHL, AHL schedule, Players development .... from my opinion the gameplay is very good if you took the right adjustments. The horse shoe of this game are the graphic details like extra Jersey creating for Teams, many missing Player Bio Pics, Goalie masks or creation, less Player likenesses. What I would add to the gameplay are more cut scenes, more statistics during the game ( actual hot and cold streaks, Point streaks, Player infos )

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »