Home

EA's NHL Berzerk mode

This is a discussion on EA's NHL Berzerk mode within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2020, 06:29 PM   #9
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA's NHL Berzerk mode

It's 9-3 ? 9-3 ? And the game is not even finished ? lol !

Are you playing Madden or NHL ? Don't even wanna know your slider settings, lol ! Try my set for a couple of games, looks like you need a challenge
Old 01-14-2020, 06:32 PM   #10
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
It's 9-3 ? 9-3 ? And the game is not even finished ? lol !

Are you playing Madden or NHL ? Don't even wanna know your slider settings, lol ! Try my set for a couple of games, looks like you need a challenge

yah its pre-season, , starting the real NHL Season now, just won one, pre-season always so different, but when season starts, they play differently.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:55 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Well, I guess I知 the only one.... And I知 talking to myself.... Time for my pills
LOL.
This has been discussed several times over the years.
EA has no clue or zero interest in programming intelligent AI so they give the CPU boosts and Berzerker mode to compensate.

I didn't buy '20 and I've played maybe 100 total games since '15(?).
I don't bother anymore. This series is what it is and it'll never change.

The only thing any real hockey fans can hope for is another developer to produce a hockey game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2020, 12:30 PM   #12
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Money, you are probably right, but, I've played lots of games where it didn't go into Berzerk and it was wonderful... You are probably missing out on 20 cause for the most part it's a very solid hockey game...

If only they wouldn稚 want to please the kids with such tactics or put Snoop in the game, we will be better off...
Old 01-15-2020, 03:02 PM   #13
Rookie

I can't comment as i am done with the franchise. I will no longer give these EA thieves my money for A copy and paste. The AI is mentally challenged and has been since 2011.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:09 PM   #14
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Well, I guess I知 the only one.... And I知 talking to myself.... Time for my pills
You're not the only one, it's just that so many people have given up on this game. I only check in on this site maybe once a week and it's usually the same 5 or 6 threads. It's not the sites fault, it's just that this game has gone in poor direction and it's wore a lot of us out.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:55 AM   #15
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
You're not the only one, it's just that so many people have given up on this game. I only check in on this site maybe once a week and it's usually the same 5 or 6 threads. It's not the sites fault, it's just that this game has gone in poor direction and it's wore a lot of us out.
Maybe you've misread what I was trying to say, I'm saying that this game is wonderful, but occasionally it will go into berserk mode for no obvious reasons...

I've never played this game that much and I知 having a heck of a time with it. Sometimes people only focuses on the negatives, but this game plays great with a good slider set. Try it with mine and get back to me, you won't regret it, lol !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2020, 02:31 PM   #16
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
I think we all forgot which slider was causing this, but I know which slider it is.

puck control rating

if u lower this to 50, your games will be low, haven't tested it in all-star or superstar yet, but I did test it in pro full sim, scores we're low, am kinda now intrigued to test it in all-star and superstar now.

but I will do it later, gotta go to work soon.
I have puck control at 20 for human and 5 for CPU so puck control is not the issue. The issue is this game plays differently every game and not in a good way. Obviously as a fan of sports, I want every game to feel unique. The problem with this game is, every game feels artificially influenced to be either more or less offensive. Some games feel great, some games feel sluggish, some games feel like the players drank 6 Red Bulls each before puck drop. Some periods within games also feel different and it drives me absolutely insane. With my sliders, they are naturally setup to have a variety of results. I use no pass assist, I have goalies that are heavily affected by screens and I have both fatigue sliders paired in a way where shots will be more or less accurate depending on when in the shift/how late in the period the chance happened.

I don't need the game to artificially create variation. My own skill and luck will result in that. I've had great feeling games finish 5-5 and 2-1 with my slider set, but some games just end up high scoring because the game speed increases halfway through the game. Wish they'd fix it, because it's really annoying to being able to have a consistent experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »