Home

EA's NHL Berzerk mode

This is a discussion on EA's NHL Berzerk mode within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
2K and EA Are Fumbling the Bag
Madden 23 Franchise Mode Issues: Still Plenty That Needs Fixing
PGA Tour 2K23 MyPlayer and MyCareer Details And Early Impressions

Old 01-12-2020, 11:31 AM   #1
Rookie

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0
EA's NHL Berzerk mode

Why EA, why ?

The worst thing about this game, and this has been going on for a few years, is suddenly the game goes into BERZERK mode. Call it what you want, Berzerk, GOD mode, it's like the Players are supernatural freaks or something... WTH !

I play along in season mode with a great simulation slider set and then out of the blue this game happens. Why ? It's like game speed and all your sliders suddenly switch to ARCADE mode...

I get the fact that there is momentum, streaks and chemistry that can and should play along, but I hope this is not your way of representing these things ?

I wouldnít mind a few players attributes go up on a team, or down for a couple of games, but please no BERZERK mode !

If I remember correctly there was an NHL edition where at the beginning of a game you would see players Hot and Cold streaks and such, that was really cool !

Ok, enough of my ramblings, am I the only one that this stuff is happening ? And is there a way to counter it ? Thanks !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2020, 10:02 PM   #2
Rookie

PernellKarl076's Arena

Re: EA's NHL Berzerk mode

Well, I guess Iím the only one.... And Iím talking to myself.... Time for my pills
Old 01-14-2020, 11:31 AM   #3
Pro

HipNotiiC_x's Arena

I've actually noticed this happen within the same game. You're not alone. People that play this game offline enough should be able to understand your post.

I was playing an offline "play now" game and it was 3-2 after two. Not overly offensive, not overly defensive. I also play offense for each team for half the period, and I had scored 4 of the 5 goals. I start the 3rd, pretty much the same game. I end up scoring through a screen to make it 4-2. Once I switch to the other team at the 10 minute mark, the AI of the team I was (now opponent) starts playing the most overly aggressive, terribly stupid hockey I've ever seen! I use standard offensive and contain puck strategies when the team is NOT in my control and I have AI strategy adjustments set at 0, so those never change.

Long-story short, I end up scoring FIVE 3rd period goals with the same team (so actually only 10 minutes rather than 20) and it just felt like there was some blatant catch-up logic or something that kicked-in. Final score ended up 7-4 and three of the goals were off basic shots from the point that were tapped in off the rebound because the opponent team had 3-4 guys following the puck! This is on 50 (default) aggression and again, the score was 4-2 at this point. All of a sudden, the gameplay speed changes and the AI decide they're going to all chase the puck rather than play the positions they had been prior to the 10 minute-mark of the 3rd.

Sliders can only do so much, because this game and it's AI are fundamentally broken "under-the-hood" and this development team keeps choosing to ignore it for some reason.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:29 PM   #4
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

I think we all forgot which slider was causing this, but I know which slider it is.

puck control rating

if u lower this to 50, your games will be low, haven't tested it in all-star or superstar yet, but I did test it in pro full sim, scores we're low, am kinda now intrigued to test it in all-star and superstar now.

but I will do it later, gotta go to work soon.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:11 PM   #5
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

so am testing it now with my supergoalies franchise all-star: full sim nhl 20 9 minutes, I just had a 2-1 first period and realistic hitting, am going into second period right, I like what I am seeing, might post this version of slider, shots we're even almost 11-12 and hitting was 15-12, cpu had most hits and I had most shots.

goin' into second now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2020, 02:18 PM   #6
Rookie

PernellKarl076's Arena

For me it doesn't happen all the time but when it does, sooooooo frustrating !

I could be playing 5-6 wonderful games, then all of a sudden BERZERK happens
Old 01-14-2020, 02:45 PM   #7
Rookie

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
I think we all forgot which slider was causing this, but I know which slider it is.

puck control rating

if u lower this to 50, your games will be low
I have puck control at 50 in my set... Like I said earlier, the STEROIDS mode will happen occasionally and I'm sure it has to do with the coding or stuff. Like when a goalie turns into a wall for a game and there's nothing that will come close to go in, lol !
Old 01-14-2020, 03:27 PM   #8
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

ok., yah I puck control at 50 also, I've now lowered puck control rating at 50, instead of 85 rating, gonna play few more games, so far its okay, yah I see what u mean by berserk mode, soon as I entered second period AI CPU pressured me and stuff, I think main thing to do is out last them, survive the scare, right am up 3-9 on them, it was like I couldn't stop them from scoring 2 more goals, am in third period now.

but yah I can see berserk mode happening at last few minutes of third period, it happens between 1-10 minutes of third period, this might something EA Sports must be testing on us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »