Home

NHL 20 And How You Can Get Great Slider Settings Too

This is a discussion on NHL 20 And How You Can Get Great Slider Settings Too within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2019, 02:22 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 20 And How You Can Get Great Slider Settings Too

EA's annual hockey release, NHL 20, is a good game and a somewhat decent simulation of...

Written By: Ryan

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
Rookie

DJ81's Arena

OVR: 0
I find this article interesting because I have been working on sliders to get a more realistic experience.**
I aim for the 20 min time because I don't like the microwave effect of having to rush through moments in the game (power plays/penalty kills for the most part).
With max time per periods, I decreased a lot of the puck control settings.* Puck Control was set to 1 (easy to lose the puck, but minimized the "puck magnetism" when navigating through defenders, sticks & player interactions).* Other aspects I decreased were reception ease; I kept pass assist to 30.* I increased a lot of the "effects" sliders in this category to include interceptions.
fatigue effects were increased to 100 with recovery at 33...maybe 40.* I would say try 1-3 for attribute effects because I noticed more team play (passing/cycling, more measured approach to entering the offensive zone through dump ins and recoiling in the neutral zone).
I agree with the increased Goalie adjustments, some goals can be cheesy.**
Checking, I agree with aggression slider at or near 100.* I do need to try just having the CPU at 85 to avoid that dreaded "tilt" that folks bring up with the NHL titles.* *I would look at increasing size effects to near or at 100, while speed effects at around 40.
The one main thing I'm struggling with and think I found something for my 20 minute periods has been the penalty sliders.* Some of the penalties are really sensitive and some are just not being called.* You have to balance the CPU teammate and CPU penalty sliders in order for them to even commit the infractions.* The individual sliders are how often they are called, but there's one more in the "Rules" section of the settings that have to be set as well.
I'm glad this article was made as I know many people, especially in the forums, are constantly looking for some good sliders.*
Old 09-30-2019, 03:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: NHL 20 And How You Can Get Great Slider Settings Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ81
I find this article interesting because I have been working on sliders to get a more realistic experience.**
I aim for the 20 min time because I don't like the microwave effect of having to rush through moments in the game (power plays/penalty kills for the most part).
With max time per periods, I decreased a lot of the puck control settings.* Puck Control was set to 1 (easy to lose the puck, but minimized the "puck magnetism" when navigating through defenders, sticks & player interactions).* Other aspects I decreased were reception ease; I kept pass assist to 30.* I increased a lot of the "effects" sliders in this category to include interceptions.
fatigue effects were increased to 100 with recovery at 33...maybe 40.* I would say try 1-3 for attribute effects because I noticed more team play (passing/cycling, more measured approach to entering the offensive zone through dump ins and recoiling in the neutral zone).
I agree with the increased Goalie adjustments, some goals can be cheesy.**
Checking, I agree with aggression slider at or near 100.* I do need to try just having the CPU at 85 to avoid that dreaded "tilt" that folks bring up with the NHL titles.* *I would look at increasing size effects to near or at 100, while speed effects at around 40.
The one main thing I'm struggling with and think I found something for my 20 minute periods has been the penalty sliders.* Some of the penalties are really sensitive and some are just not being called.* You have to balance the CPU teammate and CPU penalty sliders in order for them to even commit the infractions.* The individual sliders are how often they are called, but there's one more in the "Rules" section of the settings that have to be set as well.
I'm glad this article was made as I know many people, especially in the forums, are constantly looking for some good sliders.*
Couldn't you just post with a normal sized font?
Old 09-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #4
Banned

Delete that thread.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:40 PM   #5
Rookie

DJ81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce12
Couldn't you just post with a normal sized font?
Didn't know that would look like that. This is my first time posting to anything on here. The funny thing is that the selection said normal, so I figured it would be "normal" Guess not. Now I know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2019, 06:53 PM   #6
Rookie

Gbpackerowner's Arena

What other sliders did you change? Can you post the complete slider set?
Old 09-30-2019, 10:22 PM   #7
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I can’t open the article. It gives an error message
Old 10-01-2019, 02:42 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Tried your sliders and they work great. They achieve the purpose of* a choppier game, which I like.*
In actual fact I already had lowered game speed at 0. It is counter intuitive to think that such a high pass assist setting* would contribute to less of an up and down game, but it actually does.*
Keep up the good work and please post the rest of your slider settings.*

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »