Home

Middle aged newb to EA NHL and have a ? about BAP

This is a discussion on Middle aged newb to EA NHL and have a ? about BAP within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Operation Sports Is Looking for Folks Who Want to Create Great Videos
WWE 2K21 Needs a True MyGM/Booker Mode
FIFA 20 CONMEBOL Libertadores Impressions: A Missed Opportunity
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2020, 01:04 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2019
Middle aged newb to EA NHL and have a ? about BAP

I noticed that not all skill sets can be improved through training or game play, so how do you guys improve those skill sets.

I also noticed that not all skill sets can be maxed out with points as you level up, so I'd love to hear how you all assign points as you level up.

I'm trying to create an Enforcer Defensemen so I don't know if things like poise or discipline mean diddly or not.

All thoughts appreciated, even if it's to tell my old *** to use the search function. Old men ain't got no time for that ****.

Thanks.
Rydney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2020, 12:53 PM   #2
MVP
 
SuperGoalies's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2013
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Middle aged newb to EA NHL and have a ? about BAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydney
I noticed that not all skill sets can be improved through training or game play, so how do you guys improve those skill sets.

I also noticed that not all skill sets can be maxed out with points as you level up, so I'd love to hear how you all assign points as you level up.

I'm trying to create an Enforcer Defensemen so I don't know if things like poise or discipline mean diddly or not.

All thoughts appreciated, even if it's to tell my old *** to use the search function. Old men ain't got no time for that ****.

Thanks.

first thing u need to level up is durability and strength and endurance and checking, so points on power skating and durability, cause other teams will try to injure u, for long periods too.


now for goalies its same thing, endurance and durability, so when u start as goalie go right for endurance and durability and skating, then rest u can upgrade later, for goalies there is special ability u can get, called deflection saves or energy for whole team called calming effect


for players , u may want long range shooting too.
SuperGoalies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:48 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2019
Re: Middle aged newb to EA NHL and have a ? about BAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
first thing u need to level up is durability and strength and endurance and checking, so points on power skating and durability, cause other teams will try to injure u, for long periods too.


now for goalies its same thing, endurance and durability, so when u start as goalie go right for endurance and durability and skating, then rest u can upgrade later, for goalies there is special ability u can get, called deflection saves or energy for whole team called calming effect


for players , u may want long range shooting too.
Thank you.

And I just posted another thread asking this, but if you grind through playing all the games in a season how much progression will your guy see? I'm trying to gauge whether starting in the minors and risking getting drafted by a team I don't like is worth the progression I lose in those years in the minors.
Rydney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #4
MVP
 
SuperGoalies's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2013
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Middle aged newb to EA NHL and have a ? about BAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydney
Thank you.

And I just posted another thread asking this, but if you grind through playing all the games in a season how much progression will your guy see? I'm trying to gauge whether starting in the minors and risking getting drafted by a team I don't like is worth the progression I lose in those years in the minors.


lately its pretty random, its always during half way through season or sometimes at beginning, sometimes at end u get trait point, with goalies when u upgrade the endurance and durability, u get less injured and u start more games it seems, with players when u upgrade endurance and durability and strength , u have to upgrade the skating too, it makes character play more games and last longer during season, if I don't upgrade those, u get injured a lot and injuries last longer, I had injuries last like 56 days to 76 days and 86 days, the upgrades cut those days shorter and shorter play lots and last entire 76 games.
SuperGoalies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Top -