Home

I don't get it...

This is a discussion on I don't get it... within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I don't get it...

After a week of playing this game I am in awe of how lazy the developers are. Be a Pro mode for instance. So no option to choose an actual pro and be that person throughout their career like every other damn sports game allows you to do in their career mode.

No career stats... seriously? How hard would that be to add it, just like every other damn sports game out there.

Drafting/player development. Dear gawd, if you don't get a top ten, usually top 1 player in the draft and put them on your nhl team's line from day one they NEVER develop into jack ****, so franchise mode is a waste of time past a few seasons when all the current players have started to fade and there are no even decent free agents to sign, which doesn't really work either if you play with a salary cap.

Holy hell, after years of playing Madden I am in shock at how hard EA is laughing it's way to the bank every time some idiot (like me this year but never again) buys this game.

And as I'm bitching about this my son informed me that they don't care about guys who play the modes I do, it's all about online gaming to cash in on the online access fees...

Sigh...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2020, 11:29 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: I don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydney
After a week of playing this game I am in awe of how lazy the developers are. Be a Pro mode for instance. So no option to choose an actual pro and be that person throughout their career like every other damn sports game allows you to do in their career mode.

No career stats... seriously? How hard would that be to add it, just like every other damn sports game out there.

Drafting/player development. Dear gawd, if you don't get a top ten, usually top 1 player in the draft and put them on your nhl team's line from day one they NEVER develop into jack ****, so franchise mode is a waste of time past a few seasons when all the current players have started to fade and there are no even decent free agents to sign, which doesn't really work either if you play with a salary cap.

Holy hell, after years of playing Madden I am in shock at how hard EA is laughing it's way to the bank every time some idiot (like me this year but never again) buys this game.

And as I'm bitching about this my son informed me that they don't care about guys who play the modes I do, it's all about online gaming to cash in on the online access fees...

Sigh...
Have you tried 3's? It's funny because they show you these different NHL stadiums you can choose to play in. But after you select one, you still play in a generic looking stadium! What was the point of playing to "win" those stadiums??
Old 03-25-2020, 12:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Have you tried 3's? It's funny because they show you these different NHL stadiums you can choose to play in. But after you select one, you still play in a generic looking stadium! What was the point of playing to "win" those stadiums??
I have not.

The thing is, every sports game is catered to online play to cash in on online access fees, but somehow this is the only game that totally ****s in it's pants for anyone who plays the offline stuff.

I'm not even going to bother with it anymore, I just feel like EA stole money from me.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:16 AM   #4
Rookie

CDN_MTN_BEAR's Arena

Quote:
I have not.

The thing is, every sports game is catered to online play to cash in on online access fees, but somehow this is the only game that totally ****s in it's pants for anyone who plays the offline stuff.

I'm not even going to bother with it anymore, I just feel like EA stole money from me.
Ha, you just wait until you play EASHL 6vs6, have a multiple goal lead going into the 3rd period, make 19 saves (as a goalie) including many scoring chances, and then watch the game "tilt" for the other team to win. This is a common occurrence.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:12 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
I have not.

Dude, the games has been out for six months. You are describing exactly what everyone here has been saying about.

EA didn’t steal your money. It was your mom handing allowance to someone not smart enough to do an ounce of research before you buy. Blame her.

Because I love NHL 20, but I could have told you you would hate the game. They made it for me and others with a similar want from our sports games.

Not sure why people that want a different game but it. Almost as weird as those that actually spend months discussing the game and why they don’t like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2020, 09:13 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_MTN_BEAR
Ha, you just wait until you play EASHL 6vs6, have a multiple goal lead going into the 3rd period, make 19 saves (as a goalie) including many scoring chances, and then watch the game "tilt" for the other team to win. This is a common occurrence.

It’s common with players that choke. They are good at finding blame anywhere but themselves.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:56 AM   #7
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Dude, the games has been out for six months. You are describing exactly what everyone here has been saying about.

EA didn’t steal your money. It was your mom handing allowance to someone not smart enough to do an ounce of research before you buy. Blame her.

Because I love NHL 20, but I could have told you you would hate the game. They made it for me and others with a similar want from our sports games.

Not sure why people that want a different game but it. Almost as weird as those that actually spend months discussing the game and why they don’t like.
Yeah, I mean I just don't understand people who are constantly wanting to talk about games they play and where improvements could be made to make the game more enjoyable to them. Those "crazy" people who think openly discussing things on an open forum is a better way to see change than silently sitting and doing nothing. Absolute lunatics, am I right!? Oh wait, would you look at that patch that came out? They're (in theory) addressing two huge AI complaints that people like me have been discussing and posting about non-stop on their forums for YEARS. It's almost like voicing our opinions for change actually resulted in change. Wow, that's just "crazy" am I right?

Now don't get me wrong, there's a ton of people who passionately hate the game yet buy it every year and make stupid posts that shows they didn't do an ounce of research, but you lumping them in with passionate fans who simply like to discuss where the game could improve is just a lazy argument. I know I like discussing this game with people because it gives some remote sense of hope that if enough people join the discussion, actual change will be made (again, look at the patch. That was because of awesome threads over on the forums with direct developer conversations). Plus, talking about this game with like-minded individuals can give you ideas on how to improve your experience, talk about mitigation techniques for well-known shortcomings, and it's just fun to dream about what this game could eventually be. I love hockey, I love playing video game hockey, so yeah, I'm going to continue discussing areas I believe need improvement to enhance my overall experience. I don't find it "weird" to discuss what I like and don't like. Most companies want feedback on their product. I think it's weird to take a game at face-value, go online and ignore tons of problems, and just chalk it up to being a video game. Especially when video games from 2003 did some things better, you know?

I think you've made it very clear here that you are perfectly content with default everything because you treat this like an arcade game. You're a lazy player who puts no effort into the game, and that's a perfectly valid approach to the game. You run div 8 6's with the boiis and have a good time. That doesn't mean you need to insult people who just like talking about video games in general at every chance you get. This is a forum. Discussions are meant to happen on forums. This has always been considered a "simhead" forum too, so yeah, you're going to have a community of people who discuss shortcomings in sports games as most sports games cater to the online, lazy player.

Just like you question why people "always talk about games they hate all day" I have to question why you hang around a notoriously "sim" forum all day, if you just want to join the HUTbros and talk about how perfect and awesome everything is lol. There's many forums and subreddits with people who share your opinions, why don't you go try talking shop with them? Seems like you'd have a similar experience there as us "sim" guys do here, you know?
Old 04-05-2020, 02:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL

Edit: Hypnotic's reply was all that was needed. I don't need to feed the troll, as weak a troll effort as that was. Try reading posts next time before trolling them so your insults at least have the potential to make sense and/or have some effect. You might also want to use logic that doesn't add up to relying on other people's opinions of things to make up your own mind... brutal betrayal of your age right there kiddo.

However I did find the career stats page... progress!

Last edited by Rydney; 04-05-2020 at 02:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »