Home

I am the epitome of a casual player.

This is a discussion on I am the epitome of a casual player. within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2020, 04:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
I am the epitome of a casual player.

So I gave in and purchased NHL 20 last weekend while it was on sale and after reading the article from OS. I follow playoff hockey typically and haven't played since NHL 16. I'm eager to start a franchise, typically follow the sharks growing up close to SJ. But no real dog in the race. I'd love to rebuild a team except I know nothing about the players unless they're popular names.
I also dont really know the strategy of playing correctly. Sort of just skate around praying I stay onside and pepper the goal keeper.

Someone lead me in the right direction. Give me some team choices? Maybe some sliders and game play suggestions. What should I be trying to do besides the obvious? If you were teaching someone the basics of how to play hockey competitively, what would you tell them? I want to enjoy this game and gameplay wise it's great but I struggle to win games and dont want to play on the easiest setting because then it's one way traffic all game. I can hold possession just cant score. I want to choose a team but not invested in anyone and as far as trades or signings I don't know more than 20 players. Suggestions? Maybe I'm being too picky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I am the epitome of a casual player.

I would set up your franchise so your coach auto-sets tactics unless you have a preferred style. All you really need to know can be found on coach's corner...

https://www.youtube.com/user/p00njabiHD/playlists

we all learned from Don, in Canada anyway

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »