Home

NHL 21 Wishlist (Part 2)

This is a discussion on NHL 21 Wishlist (Part 2) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NHL 21 Wishlist (Part 2)

You can read part one of my NHL 21 wishlist here. I also want to reiterate...

Written By: Ryan

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 21 Wishlist (Part 2)

These are some really good ones! It's embarrassing that the game doesn't even select all-star teams, even if they don't want to do the whole all-star weekend
Old 06-30-2020, 08:44 PM   #3
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
These are great!!! One thing though, its EA...its NHL.... i dont know if EA will put even 10% of these great lists you have. IMHO, EA is so bad with their games, especially NHL, and its always hype and ending up disappointment.*
Old 07-01-2020, 01:27 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Be a Pro needs an overhaul, a retrofit, a from-the-ground rebuild premiering in NHL 22, and nothing less.
This has been a lost generation for that mode, which was at it most feature-rich over half a decade ago.* And it's not just Road to the Show, or NBA 2K, that's upstaging the career mode on the frozen pond.* No no no, it's even getting its lunch eaten by Formula One.* And soccer.* And WRC.* And MotoGP, of all things.*
I'd go as far as saying that just about every other licensed Triple-A sports title this generation, that did a career mode, has done better than NHL...and maybe even some of the unlicensed/fantastic sports games, too (Rocket League seems to have quite the following).
If I were Gary Bettman, I'd haul Rammer into the League's office, and tell him that if the NHL series loses ground at the start of the next generation, that the League will consider that a fiduciary breach, and will immediately look to rescind its licensing agreement with EA Sports.* The series has been coasting far too long, in an industry where innovation is the expectation.* And yelling "Squirrel!" is not an innovation.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

I think there should be a function in Franchise mode where you interact with the media. Make a big trade, hold a press conference. Sign a big free agent, have a press conference to introduce them. There also should be counteroffers from the AI GMs when you send a trade to them, instead of this "We're close" and then you need to guess how close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2020, 12:55 AM   #6
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

I think we all need to focus on a few changes that we really want instead of giving them a bunch of weak suggestions which they obviously do instead of the ones we actually want. IF EA CAN PUT PAINT ON THIS PIG AND SELL US A NEW GAME THEY WILL. So we should get together and focus on telling EA what we want to see this year and start them in the direction we want the game to go. I know EA probably won't listen to us but at least if we are all saying we want the same new changes maybe we get one of the changes we are asking for ROSTER SHARING!!! Also how bout give us the option to give the team name as the play by play name if their real name isn't in the game...then when they are skating down the board they will at least say " Flyers skating down the boards or Flyers passes the puck" and also give us the option to choose no play by play name. This is something they could add in a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »