Home

NHL 21 Franchise Mode Details Revealed, Plenty of New Additions, But Still No Roster Share

This is a discussion on NHL 21 Franchise Mode Details Revealed, Plenty of New Additions, But Still No Roster Share within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 21 Franchise Mode Details Revealed, Plenty of New Additions, But Still No Ros

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
Have they ever given a reason to not provide roster share?
The only reason i can think of is that with roster sharing people would not need to keep buying the game every year anymore since there's barely any gameplay updates for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2020, 04:53 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 21 Franchise Mode Details Revealed, Plenty of New Additions, But Still No Ros

Not even a hockey fan but im buying this because attention being paid to a buffed out franchise mode is so refreshing.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 10-12-2020, 12:35 PM   #27
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

31/32-team franchise control is a must for me to even entertain playing that mode. Glad to see it's improving for you all, but would like to be able to actually see the league live as a whole rather than as one team. I don't need to add anything that hasn't already been said about roster sharing. If any game really needs it, it's NHL imo.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:48 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
No roster share. No custom goal songs. No reason for me to bother with this game.
This is exactly what I wanted plus 32 team control. That should be 3 easy adds that would've made a lot of people happy in franchise mode. Extremely disappointed and will either not buy, or wait for it to be $20 like normal.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #29
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
Have they ever given a reason to not provide roster share?
I can't find it, but I remember Sean Ramjagsingh doing an interview at one point (maybe 2 years ago?) and basically just laughing it off as if the percentage of the community that cared was extremely small, and that they were working on bigger things instead.

I don't know, maybe I'm being naïve or something, but it just seems like such a simple thing to add-You've already got a network, you're already sending out base rosters.

The only thing I can think of (like many here), is that they know that they'd lose costumers by doing this, as each new release is essentially patch work with an updated roster. It's a shame because I'd be happy to continue buying it, and I'm sure many would as well. I'll be waiting until it goes on sale for $30 at the earliest, or may just skip it completely.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:13 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
I can't find it, but I remember Sean Ramjagsingh doing an interview at one point (maybe 2 years ago?) and basically just laughing it off as if the percentage of the community that cared was extremely small, and that they were working on bigger things instead.

I don't know, maybe I'm being naïve or something, but it just seems like such a simple thing to add-You've already got a network, you're already sending out base rosters.

The only thing I can think of (like many here), is that they know that they'd lose costumers by doing this, as each new release is essentially patch work with an updated roster. It's a shame because I'd be happy to continue buying it, and I'm sure many would as well. I'll be waiting until it goes on sale for $30 at the earliest, or may just skip it completely.
But they lost me as Customer exactly about that. Will not buy 21 cause can not transfer my self created 300 Player Roster from NHL 20 to NHL 21
Old 10-13-2020, 04:16 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7

But they lost me as Customer exactly about that. Will not buy 21 cause can not transfer my self created 300 Player Roster from NHL 20 to NHL 21. I can not understand Customer which wants to have Roster share and buy than the Game when it's not in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2020, 06:09 PM   #32
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

Cool Re: NHL 21 Franchise Mode Details Revealed, Plenty of New Additions, But Still No Ros

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar81
A lot to dislike on the Franchise side, sure, but consider:* Deadline Day is new this year, and Fog of War is another recent add-in.*

Elsewhere, it looks like EA finally gave BaP some SERIOUSLY OVERDUE love, after letting it essentially rot for half a decade.* When motorsports (F1, MotoGP, WRC, and debatably, NASCAR) are eating your career mode's lunch several times over, you're way behind the curve.* It seems Franchise Mode thus suffered a bit because BaP had fallen so far behind; Franchise apparently didn't get as many big-ticket upgrades as hoped, but from this BaP player's perspective, I genuinely don't mean to be rude here, but "Welcome to the party, pal!"

I'm happy for anyone that gets what they want from NHL 21.

That said, we had a deadline mini-game back on the PS3. You had a certain number of Blackberry phones and it counted down hour-by-hour. EA has been removing features and then adding them back as "new" for decades.

P.S. I buy MLB the Show every year, specifically because of the roster vault (share). So many talented creators and transfers from one year to the next, why wouldn't you want to buy it? Just plain dumb if you're listening EA Marketing...(I know you're not)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »