Home

NHL 21 Franchise Mode Details Revealed, Plenty of New Additions, But Still No Roster Share

This is a discussion on NHL 21 Franchise Mode Details Revealed, Plenty of New Additions, But Still No Roster Share within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2020, 09:43 AM   #33
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 21 Franchise Mode Details Revealed, Plenty of New Additions, But Still No Ros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
But they lost me as Customer exactly about that. Will not buy 21 cause can not transfer my self created 300 Player Roster from NHL 20 to NHL 21. I can not understand Customer which wants to have Roster share and buy than the Game when it's not in.
I 100% agree. I'd like to give the new "be a pro" mode a bit of a shot, but as a guy who loves deep rosters and franchise mode, this is starting to get foolish. MLB the Show has had roster sharing for years, and the community has continued to grow exponentially based on a great group of people who build their own rosters. Madden and Fifa also have it.

It just seems like EA has become tone-deaf, which is very unfortunate. I won't get into Madden, and the self-inflicted damage that they've done, but when I look at this game, I'm sitting here thinking "Who the heck is doing your marketing? Pre-Sales are extremely important, but you're not pumping out details and gameplay video until a week or two before the actual release?". All that says to me, and maybe it's misguided, is that a) You aren't even proud enough to show off what you, as a company, have done, b) You realize that the customer base isn't going to do much other than trash you, so you hold off hoping that people will miss the social media backlash and buy before they see it, c) You're trying to pre-sell copies to people based on nostalgia/repeat buyers, d) You know the reviews of the game aren't going to be good, because you're doing exactly what Madden just did (I lied when I wouldn't bring up Madden...), and saw how that ended, or e) All of the above.

Hint: The answer is probably "E". Which is a shame. If you're not going to put the effort into the games actual rosters, why not let us?
Old 10-15-2020, 07:22 AM   #34
MVP

Re: NHL 21 Franchise Mode Details Revealed, Plenty of New Additions, But Still No Ros

Maybe you will not believe it ... but I have so much fun with my about 300 self created Player Roster and my new spreadsheet with much better individual Player statistic in NHL 20 which NHL 21 could not deliver me. Started a new Franchise, play all my Games in 4 min period span with the perfect slider for my fit of playing. Statistics after the Game looking in most points very similar to real. Now at regular Season Game 55 Season one with my Expansion Team.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:30 AM   #35
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Speaking of roster sharing. I honestly think EA just wants us to use their rosters. They’re just being selfish. They won’t update the uniforms on a separate file like they used to years back, we gotta update the rosters to get the jersey’s. Looks like Sens and Flames jerseys aren’t in the game until they update it. Which sadly comes with the rosters. Making it harder on us roster makers. We work on rosters, jersey updates comes out.. we gotta either keep the old one or start all over again. Very selfish on their part 100%. That is one of the biggest peeve of mine. I like to use the original rosters and go from there but I can’t with all the damn jerseys updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2020, 07:54 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
Speaking of roster sharing. I honestly think EA just wants us to use their rosters. They’re just being selfish. They won’t update the uniforms on a separate file like they used to years back, we gotta update the rosters to get the jersey’s. Looks like Sens and Flames jerseys aren’t in the game until they update it. Which sadly comes with the rosters. Making it harder on us roster makers. We work on rosters, jersey updates comes out.. we gotta either keep the old one or start all over again. Very selfish on their part 100%. That is one of the biggest peeve of mine. I like to use the original rosters and go from there but I can’t with all the damn jerseys updates.

I feel you, it was way better when we got new jerseys via a code back in the days. BUT you don't have to start all over again every time a new roster with jerseys come out, you just have to set the new roster as your active roster in the main menu. You'll be able to use the new jerseys in franchise mode even though you're playing with an old roster.

So when you have your edited roster ready, start a franchise, go back to the main menu, select the latest roster with the new jerseys as the active one, go back to franchise mode, and you're all set.

At least that was the case in previous years.

Oh an btw, the Flames jerseys are both already in, they're just not set as their home/away jerseys.

Last edited by Sauce12; 10-16-2020 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:41 AM   #37
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce12
I feel you, it was way better when we got new jerseys via a code back in the days. BUT you don't have to start all over again every time a new roster with jerseys come out, you just have to set the new roster as your active roster in the main menu. You'll be able to use the new jerseys in franchise mode even though you're playing with an old roster.

So when you have your edited roster ready, start a franchise, go back to the main menu, select the latest roster with the new jerseys as the active one, go back to franchise mode, and you're all set.

At least that was the case in previous years.

Oh an btw, the Flames jerseys are both already in, they're just not set as their home/away jerseys.

I actually never knew or thought of this workaround. That’s awesome. Thanks for the tip, hopefully it still works.

As for the jerseys, yeah I know the Flames are in but would be nice when they’re the default home and away. I hope we don’t have to wait for the Sens till the season starts in Jan.

Old 10-16-2020, 12:13 PM   #38
Rookie

Any new logos or templates for custom teams?
Old 10-16-2020, 12:24 PM   #39
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

Is there anyway to add another player on a different console into a franchise game like you can for the Threes mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-16-2020, 02:46 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
I can't find it, but I remember Sean Ramjagsingh doing an interview at one point (maybe 2 years ago?) and basically just laughing it off as if the percentage of the community that cared was extremely small, and that they were working on bigger things instead...
Not sure about roster share, but he definitely dismissed the thought of GM Connected coming back for that specific reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »