Home

NHL 21 Has Been Released - Share Your Impressions with the Community

This is a discussion on NHL 21 Has Been Released - Share Your Impressions with the Community within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 21 Trial Available For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impressions Here

Saw a weird glitch,Sitter has a real face this year but when playing the game it not his real face during gameplay,you can tell by the hair.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:16 PM   #10
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Just confirmed via YouTube roster reveal that there is no Kirill Kaprizov in game and 2020 draft picks are not on their real teams. The NHL is talking about starting the season in January so we won’t even get a roster update for 3 months.

What’s the point in even buying this game and not sticking with ‘20 of the rosters are going to be the sane????

The weird one is Kaprizov not being in. The have Mikhail Grigorenko in and he has been playing in the KHL for a few years. Him and Kaprizov both signed their contract on the same day this year July 13th
Old 10-08-2020, 03:53 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Just confirmed via YouTube roster reveal that there is no Kirill Kaprizov in game and 2020 draft picks are not on their real teams. The NHL is talking about starting the season in January so we won’t even get a roster update for 3 months.

What’s the point in even buying this game and not sticking with ‘20 of the rosters are going to be the sane????

The weird one is Kaprizov not being in. The have Mikhail Grigorenko in and he has been playing in the KHL for a few years. Him and Kaprizov both signed their contract on the same day this year July 13th
Grigorenko played his first NHL game in the 2012-13 season. They already have full rights to use him as he's part of the Player's Association

Kaprizov hasn't played one game, you won't see him in the game until he has. Has been that way forever. Just because they've signed for the club, doesn't mean they're in the NHLPA and the NHL can use their likeness however they want.

Really, this is out of EA's hands. This falls under a way larger legal umbrella. It's 100% COVID's fault, but there's truly nothing EA could do in this case unless they were to go and negotiate with every rookie to get the rights to use them in their game, which would be an asinine business decision when they could just wait a few months and get them for free
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2020, 04:01 PM   #12
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Grigorenko played his first NHL game in the 2012-13 season. They already have full rights to use him as he's part of the Player's Association

Kaprizov hasn't played one game, you won't see him in the game until he has. Has been that way forever. Just because they've signed for the club, doesn't mean they're in the NHLPA and the NHL can use their likeness however they want.

Really, this is out of EA's hands. This falls under a way larger legal umbrella. It's 100% COVID's fault, but there's truly nothing EA could do in this case unless they were to go and negotiate with every rookie to get the rights to use them in their game, which would be an asinine business decision when they could just wait a few months and get them for free
Yeah but Grigorenko has played in the KHL for the last two seasons. Does the PA always hold your rights even if you leave to play in another league? Also, EA had jack Hughes in last years game and he was considered an amateur playing for the USNDT, and had never played an NHL game. So EA has ways to get around it.

I would argue that Kirill Kaprizov is one of the best international players to come to NHL in years, and is regarded by most experts as a sure fire superstar. He should be made a priority considering we won’t even be having a season until 2021.

If they don’t get some kind of roster update going in the meantime I am just going to stick with ‘20 until January, and buy the game when it’s $20 bucks
Old 10-08-2020, 07:43 PM   #13
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

Back to impressions for the people that have played the game.

Can you comment on how the CPU is on Superstar? The gameplay in 20 was absolutely horrible on Superstar because you'd have ping pong passing by the CPU in your zone where all you could really do is watch 70 OVR players do no look, behind the back, bullet passes.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:27 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Has this series fallen that far?
The game has been out for a nearly 10 hours and the most info we've got is one impression and a bunch for squabbling over rosters.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-08-2020, 09:28 PM   #15
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

just playing the loading stanley cup game and the thing that leaps out instantly is how different the skating is. players dont have that traditional on ice glidey feel, if that makes sense. you can stop and start with a lot more control. it feels kinda weird to be honest but in a great way.

My plan was to hold off on this till later in the year and 8 definitelyneed more than just 1 game but so far so good. I'm really enjoying the extra control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2020, 10:12 PM   #16
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Has this series fallen that far?
The game has been out for a nearly 10 hours and the most info we've got is one impression and a bunch for squabbling over rosters.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
I have it preordered, don't have EA Access anymore. I did watch a video and game play looks much better, the D actually pressures entry into their zone, game seems much more sloppy and organic.

Definitely excited to get my hands on it next Friday. I'll mess with BAP for a bit until post FA rosters come out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »