Home

NHL 21 Has Been Released - Share Your Impressions with the Community

This is a discussion on NHL 21 Has Been Released - Share Your Impressions with the Community within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2020, 01:54 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 21 Trial Available For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Yeah but Grigorenko has played in the KHL for the last two seasons. Does the PA always hold your rights even if you leave to play in another league? Also, EA had jack Hughes in last years game and he was considered an amateur playing for the USNDT, and had never played an NHL game. So EA has ways to get around it.

I would argue that Kirill Kaprizov is one of the best international players to come to NHL in years, and is regarded by most experts as a sure fire superstar. He should be made a priority considering we won’t even be having a season until 2021.

If they don’t get some kind of roster update going in the meantime I am just going to stick with ‘20 until January, and buy the game when it’s $20 bucks
I think so. If I am not mistaken, Colorado has his rights, when he comes back, just like with Kovalchuk. Still sucks. Players should be part of the licensing as soon as they sign a contract IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2020, 08:47 AM   #26
Rookie

TomSellecksMustache's Arena

OVR: 6

Anyone else have issues with auto scouting in franchise mode?

Simmed through a season last night and zero prospects were scouted despite having auto scout on and all 20 scouts in the amateur leagues.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:56 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1
I must say I am enjoying the game out of the box with no slider adjustments, except I reduce* Game Speed to 0.*
As always I play on True Broadcast camera and even at speed at 0 - this is a tad too fast, but I can live with it.

I can definitely see an improved positioning by skaters - on both offence and defence. It just feels and looks better, and more importantly, it leads to a more authentic and intuitive experience, with momentum now playing a more prominent role.*
That said, it is very, very similar to 20 and frankly feeling quite stale.*The presentation looks exactly the same. I didn't really expect anything else for current gen, but it would have been nice to improve some animations. Which brings me to the "new" chip, bank, etc. Let's face it - this is just EA recycling the same animations, but giving them another name and putting them in a different context. They don't look particularly good and they don't really add up much to your arsenal.*
My biggest grip remains the inability to pull back the True Broadcast camera angle. It has always been too zoomed in.* For arenas like Boston, it is OK as the view angle there is further out, but for other arenas like The United Centre i Chicago it is just too close to the ice making it impossible to see large portions of the ice.*
I just don't understand why EA does not make the True Broadcast camera customizeable with a zoom option. You can clearly see from some cut scenes that they can pull back the zoom - but why not give us that same view for gameplay?

Old 10-09-2020, 11:27 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

It just occurred to me that since I have game pass, I might be able to play this!
Old 10-09-2020, 11:30 AM   #29
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

This really is NHL 20 with a couple new moves. It's subtle, but the AI is a bit better. I'm a diehard hockey freak so I will buy this game for sure. Trade deadline mini game is fun. One thing I didn't like is that I was in the process of negotiating a trade when a trade offer came in from another team, after declining that offer I was hoping it would take me back to the trade I was working on but no such luck. Had to start that trade all over again.

The career stats are cool too...you can look at them from a historical view or just from the start of your franchise.

If you're just a casual fan of hockey and you have 20, then save your money...if you haven't bought it in a few years then I would recommend.

I'm a franchise player but might give be a pro a try later...long weekend here in Canada...whooohoo
Old 10-09-2020, 11:52 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Just confirmed via YouTube roster reveal that there is no Kirill Kaprizov in game and 2020 draft picks are not on their real teams. The NHL is talking about starting the season in January so we won’t even get a roster update for 3 months.

What’s the point in even buying this game and not sticking with ‘20 of the rosters are going to be the sane????

The weird one is Kaprizov not being in. The have Mikhail Grigorenko in and he has been playing in the KHL for a few years. Him and Kaprizov both signed their contract on the same day this year July 13th
That was clear before. No good Roster update before this time. They will made one after the FA are signed and than they will have a rest till the NHL starts. The new signed Rookies will not be in the Game before they play minimum 1 NHL game or till they pass the AHL waiver. So not await a good Roster before end of January. Guys like Zegras, Turcotte, Kaprizov, Romanov and many other signed Prospects from the KHL and College League you will not see into a Roster till that time and than only with a Black Silhouettes without a photo like usual.
Old 10-09-2020, 12:10 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Grigorenko played his first NHL game in the 2012-13 season. They already have full rights to use him as he's part of the Player's Association

Kaprizov hasn't played one game, you won't see him in the game until he has. Has been that way forever. Just because they've signed for the club, doesn't mean they're in the NHLPA and the NHL can use their likeness however they want.

Really, this is out of EA's hands. This falls under a way larger legal umbrella. It's 100% COVID's fault, but there's truly nothing EA could do in this case unless they were to go and negotiate with every rookie to get the rights to use them in their game, which would be an asinine business decision when they could just wait a few months and get them for free
It would make sense to pay College Players. It has something to do with what will I present my customer to make this game more attraktive. I wouldn’t say that it will cost much, cause nearly every young drafted Player wants to be in the Game. By the way, they will get only some few which signed a contract for free. There is a new law and a possibility to buy for rights of College Players without an entry level contract.
For example Caufield and many other unsigned ... also the new top drafted College Players like Sanderson, Brisson .....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2020, 12:29 PM   #32
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Some things I noticed after poking around with the trial:
-Secondary positions: defensemen are now seperated into LD and RD. You can only pick one secondary position. You cannot have a forward with a secondary position of defense or vice versa.
-In franchise, there is a shot frequency option with low, medium and high options. This should work well with the sim engine scoring option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »