Home

NHL 21 Franchise Mode Stories

This is a discussion on NHL 21 Franchise Mode Stories within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2020, 10:34 AM   #81
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 21 Franchise Mode Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckinwilk
Maybe I should try the OOTB settings. Since NHL 19 I have just gone straight to sliders
Speaking of Colorado, I'm like 25 points behind them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2020, 10:34 AM   #82
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIn989
What are OOTB settings?
OOTB = Out Of The Box (default sliders)
Old 11-14-2020, 11:17 PM   #83
Rookie

puckinwilk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Speaking of Colorado, I'm like 25 points behind them.
I just got dusted by the Blues:

20/21 Season Game 58 St. Louis Blues @ Colorado Avalanche
The Avs began a three game home stand tonight against St. Louis. The Blues came to town determined to snap a four game losing streak, and they broke out of their slump in a big way. Colorado got dominated in all facets of the game from start to finish. St. Louis established their forecheck early in the first period, and Colorado's inability to move the puck out of their zone cost them when Zach Sanford capitalized on a Ryan Graves turnover to give the Blues a lead they wouldn't relinquish. Colorado began the second on the PK, and took another penalty trying to kill it off, giving the Blues a two man advantage. They wasted no time, as Bozak scored off of the ensuing faceoff play. Midway through the second the Blues would extend their lead to three on a David Perron snipe, his first of three points on the night. It got worse for Colorado in the third as former Av Ryan O'Reilly scored twice in 23 seconds to make it 5-0 St. Louis. Landeskog would get a late goal to break Binnington's shutout, the lone bright spot for Colorado on a horrible night for the Avs. Tarasenko would cap off the misery with 13 seconds left in the game to give the Blues a 6-1 win. The Avs get back to work Thursday night against Vegas with Francouz in net.

Landeskog Goal:

Box Score:
St. Louis Blues at Colorado Avalanche
Feb 16, 2021123F
STL (27-20-10)1236
COL (41-13-4)0011
Three Stars
David Perron (STL)
1 Goal, 2 Assists
Ryan O'Reilly (STL)
2 Goals
Tyler Bozak (STL)
1 Goal, 1 Assist
Team Stats Comparison
STLCOL
Shots on Goal2623
Hits2512
Faceoffs Won-Lost23-1414-23
Penalty Minutes6:008:00
Power Plays Converted20
Power Play Opportunities42
Time on Attack4:466:18
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
STLZach Sanford (10) (Bozak) 6:44
SECOND PERIOD
STLTyler Bozak (PP) (11) (Steen, Thomas) 1:38
STLDavid Perron (10) (Schenn, Gunnarsson) 8:54
THIRD PERIOD
STLRyan O'Reilly (PP) (13) (Unassisted) 12:39
STLRyan O'Reilly (14) (Perron) 13:02
COLGabriel Landeskog (23) (Stone, Graves) 17:52
STLVladimir Tarasenko (24) (Perron, Krug) 19:47
St. Louis Blues - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Jordan Binnington232296%1.00
Colorado Avalanche - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Philipp Grubauer262077%6.03
Old 11-27-2020, 10:26 AM   #84
Rookie

TheEndIsNear4All's Arena

Just starting up a franchise with the new team, the "White Bear Lake Mighty Ducks". After getting the go ahead from the NHL, and funding from the small town and Aquafina alike, the new "Aquafina Arena" will be erected and start a new chapter for the small Minnesota town. 20201126_165921.jpeg20201126_165914.jpeg20201126_165927.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-27-2020, 11:57 PM   #85
Rookie

I couldn't remember my old login information, so I made a new account.
I am working on an offline simulation league for NHL 21 that I will be reporting on here and Instagram. As well as an online league of 6 teams if anyone is interested in that as well.

Instagram for offline sim league is @fhlhockeyleague
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2020, 07:48 PM   #86
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

I'm tied with Edmonton for the final playoff spot with 9 games left in the season and just a point away from Dallas.

Played Edmonton at home tonight and was down 2-0 after the first period. We make it 2-1 in the 2nd but they score again to go up 3-1. We manage a goal late in the period to make it a 3-2 lead for Edmonton. In the third we come out hitting and forcing turnovers and score to tie the game 3-3. I have a rookie, Klim Kostin who's scored 10 goals since being called up after the All Star break. He manages to force a turnover with a hit and then hits the next player and grabs the puck, I circle around the net and find Ryan O'Reilly for a one time slap shot goal and we take the lead, 4-3.

Tarasenko would score a beautiful goal and then add an empty netter to give us the W, 6-3.

We are now in the last playoff spot but still have a tough 8 games left. Such an incredible game, I think I need a beer.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:01 AM   #87
Rookie

I'm not sure if anybody replied to your message; I could go through the remaining 8 pages, but nah.
You can. In the offseason, at the bottom of the quick link/options on page 1, you have the "customize jerseys" option.
As far as I can tell, you can't change city or name, or your AHL team (which is lame; I took the default option it gave me because I just wanted to get into it, but I want to take the time now to tweak it, at least, if not outright change it; they change every 2-3 years IRL, not sure why the game locks me into this garbage), but you can change the logos, jerseys, everything, for you NHL team jerseys, home, away, and alternate.
Which is cool... but it'd be even cooler, IMO, if the game then stamped your old jerseys as "vintage" so that, if you made updated jerseys for, say, the 24/25 season, if you could still access your original 20/21 home/away/alt jerseys. Oh well.

(Also, I re-made the Atlanta Thrashers, so I'm pretty bummed they didn't have those old jerseys, or even just the logo, in the toolset. Good logo, and I *loved* those kickass jerseys with orange, powder blue (?), and the stripe down only one arm. Normally asymmetry like that sets my teeth on edge, but something about that jersey spoke to me. Oh well.)
Old 12-25-2020, 11:27 PM   #88
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Oh man, we lose 7-4 against Vegas who has the most points in the NHL, this after leading 4-2. Then we play Colorado and win in a shootout, 4-3. Of course we then lose to Chicago, 3-2.

We are 2 points out with 2 games left and we need help. It's been a rough season and I thought we would keep ahold of that 8th spot.

I've already made plans for next season though and we will be a little younger at a few positions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »