Home

Line chemistry in Franchise mode

This is a discussion on Line chemistry in Franchise mode within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2020, 08:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Line chemistry in Franchise mode

Does the chemistry rating really matter if I am going to play every single game myself? Also, I was planning to manually "override" my head coaches strategies by editing the suitable strategies for my lines, like carry/dump, Crash the net/behind the net etc.. For some reason that does nothing, for ex. Brandon Saad's preference is to shoot, so I crank that cycle/shoot slider all the way to the right, but still it shows red cross from him in the edit lines. Is this a "feature" and I shouldn't edit the strategies myself?

Edit. Actually does it work if I fire my head coach?

Last edited by Zkibu; 10-23-2020 at 08:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2020, 12:48 PM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Line chemistry in Franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkibu
Does the chemistry rating really matter if I am going to play every single game myself? Also, I was planning to manually "override" my head coaches strategies by editing the suitable strategies for my lines, like carry/dump, Crash the net/behind the net etc.. For some reason that does nothing, for ex. Brandon Saad's preference is to shoot, so I crank that cycle/shoot slider all the way to the right, but still it shows red cross from him in the edit lines. Is this a "feature" and I shouldn't edit the strategies myself?

Edit. Actually does it work if I fire my head coach?
I’ve noticed chemistry has a greater effect on simulation then it does on played games. There’s a YouTube video online I can’t remember where I found it, where a guy matched all of his lines perfectly with the Sabres and simulated 10 seasons. He had guys with overalls of like 78 playing on the first line with jack Eichel, but they fit the system perfectly. He won 6 cups in 10 years and jack Eichel was averaging over 50 goals every year with anywhere from 105-120 points every year. Those 78 overall players were also becoming superstars and going from like 10-15 goals a year to like 35-40 playing with Eichel
Old 10-24-2020, 05:39 PM   #3
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I’ve noticed chemistry has a greater effect on simulation then it does on played games. There’s a YouTube video online I can’t remember where I found it, where a guy matched all of his lines perfectly with the Sabres and simulated 10 seasons. He had guys with overalls of like 78 playing on the first line with jack Eichel, but they fit the system perfectly. He won 6 cups in 10 years and jack Eichel was averaging over 50 goals every year with anywhere from 105-120 points every year. Those 78 overall players were also becoming superstars and going from like 10-15 goals a year to like 35-40 playing with Eichel
This is the video you're talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Kh_yh8c_M&t=1163s

However, the caveat with his experiment, as he explained, is he has injuries off, waivers off etc.

Line chemistry does have an in-game effect, but it is more important for the sim engine.

Last edited by Cycloniac; 10-27-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:46 AM   #4
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Like others have said, it is indeed important. I have not touched 21 franchise yet (love BAP at the moment) but in 20 it was pivotal to have at LEAST a +1 or more on each line, ESPECIALLY defenseman lines.

One quick tip is to NEVER let the CPU adjust your lines. The pairings it determines are awful. I always found myself plugging, and scratching players it would put in. It can be tedious, but its whats best for the team.

I had 3 out of 4 lines, and all my defensive lines at least at a +1 for the Avs. I won 4 cups in 10 years, turned lower rounds picks into serviceable players and dominated with 50+ wins nearly every year. All with injuries on.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

Last edited by Instant C1a55ic; 10-25-2020 at 07:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »