Home

Online franchise mode is a must

This is a discussion on Online franchise mode is a must within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-03-2020, 07:10 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Online franchise mode is a must

In my Opinion an Online Franchise makes only sense to play with the real NHL Gameplay format of 82 regular Season Games including the real Playoff format. I want to invite my Friends to my self created online League to play with them, the rest of the Teams should be Computer controlled. I donít like to play vs unknown people in Divisions like it is in EASHL. Thatís not NHL for me. But of course, many Customers have many different wishes.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:29 PM   #10
Rookie

Yeah... I donít need an online franchise. I rather play offline against the AI. If I want to play online Iíll go to HuT or Chel. All I want is roster sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-03-2020, 08:56 PM   #11
MVP

We all want Roster sharing. For me also not so important to have the Online Franchise but from the polls they started it was one of the biggest named wishes. So why not, EA should give it back to their Customers. If I want to have Customers back, give them what they have asked for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2020, 01:10 AM   #12
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Yeah, what I want are online leagues more than online franchise.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 11-08-2020, 04:39 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Take a look at what NBA2K did with their online modes for next gen. Would be nice to have that for a hockey game!!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2020, 01:55 PM   #14
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Take a look at what NBA2K did with their online modes for next gen. Would be nice to have that for a hockey game!!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
I like World of Chel a million times more than what 2K's Playstation Home debacle looks like. I love those kinds of modes, but menus are your friends.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 11-08-2020 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:13 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
I don't like the cries for Online "franchise" but I'd love to see online leagues with customizable team slots, divisions, conferences, slider sets, rosters, you name it. We need an in-depth online league feature for these competitions, not a league where 20+ teams are inevitably CPU-controlled. I 100% agree with you there. That's why I never got into GMC back in the day. Default slider gameplay was so arcadey and you have to join a league with super sweaty people if you wanted a full human-controlled league. My friends and I played the heck out of the old "online leagues" mode where there were simple 1-to-1 trades and a simply single or double round-robin schedule + playoffs.

I'll never get people wanting a inevitably CPU-dominant or sweaty randoms-dominant mode over a fully customizable league feature that will keep you and your trusted friends immersed and having fun throughout the year.
I totally agree both of you. There is a lot of people who doesn't have time or interest to play against random dudes and against AI controlled teams. For me fully customizable online season mode (you could choice how many teams, rounds and trades you like to have) with some guys could be a great joy. I mean using only 5-10 teams, and 2-4 rounds, and after that playoffs. Too many rounds and too many teams will ruin the online leagues, because it's hard to get timetables work and games played on my experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »