Home

Old 02-27-2021, 09:42 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
EA giveth and taketh away!

So, I am an offline franchise guy, who just got NHL 21. I had been playing 20, and enjoying it, but the lure of the record book was too much. That's a feature I've been craving for years. So, imagine my surprise when I was getting into my new franchise in NHL 21 and I brought up the Player Search feature (one I used often in NHL 20), only to find it has been stripped down to be unusable. In NHL 20, you could search on individual attributes. If I wanted to find a C with high faceoff, checking and defensive awareness, it was a piece of cake. In NHL 21, as far as I can tell, you can no longer search on individual attributes. I just don't get why they would take out a feature so important to an immersive franchise experience. Back to NHL 20 for me, and, once again, a bad case of buyer's regret. When will I learn?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2021, 07:39 AM   #2
Pro

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA giveth and taketh away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
So, I am an offline franchise guy, who just got NHL 21. I had been playing 20, and enjoying it, but the lure of the record book was too much. That's a feature I've been craving for years. So, imagine my surprise when I was getting into my new franchise in NHL 21 and I brought up the Player Search feature (one I used often in NHL 20), only to find it has been stripped down to be unusable. In NHL 20, you could search on individual attributes. If I wanted to find a C with high faceoff, checking and defensive awareness, it was a piece of cake. In NHL 21, as far as I can tell, you can no longer search on individual attributes. I just don't get why they would take out a feature so important to an immersive franchise experience. Back to NHL 20 for me, and, once again, a bad case of buyer's regret. When will I learn?
I'm assuming it's that way since there's more emphasis on the whole scouting/fog of war portion. I don't use the function, but does it work better if you turn that stuff off?
Old 03-01-2021, 11:31 AM   #3
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

I thought when watching the trailers of NHL 21, franchise mode too, they said they renamed that command to something else, I might have to watch again to see if he mentions of renaming that command, I know he mentions it somewhere in videos.

I'll try to find the gameplay videos again to see.

couldn't find the original video that was released with NHL 21 of Franchise mode deep dive.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 03-01-2021 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:49 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
I'm assuming it's that way since there's more emphasis on the whole scouting/fog of war portion. I don't use the function, but does it work better if you turn that stuff off?
Hmm, not sure. I don't have fog of war on, so I don't think that's it. I do not believe that change from NHL 20 (though I am not sure).
Old 03-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
I thought when watching the trailers of NHL 21, franchise mode too, they said they renamed that command to something else, I might have to watch again to see if he mentions of renaming that command, I know he mentions it somewhere in videos.

I'll try to find the gameplay videos again to see.

couldn't find the original video that was released with NHL 21 of Franchise mode deep dive.
I couldn't find the video you mentioned, though I did find the Franchise Mode Deep Dive https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-21/..._twt_franchise Which doesn't mention any kind of change to the player finder. I am not sure why (or even how) they would split that up, where you search based on attributes in a different place than you search on the basic info. I appreciate your thoughts though!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2021, 05:55 PM   #6
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I couldn't find the video you mentioned, though I did find the Franchise Mode Deep Dive https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-21/..._twt_franchise Which doesn't mention any kind of change to the player finder. I am not sure why (or even how) they would split that up, where you search based on attributes in a different place than you search on the basic info. I appreciate your thoughts though!
I looked up NHL 21 in xboxone x , just now, realized video that came with it, was gone also, but there other gamers videos on this too.

am sorry I couldn't help much, I think they removed the video from list also, I found it missing

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »