Home

Franchise House Rules

This is a discussion on Franchise House Rules within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2021, 02:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise House Rules

Hey guys! I am a big Franchise player on all sports games, but this years Franchise Mode is so dull. Even the "Trade Deadline" mini game is so tedious and not enjoyable. I was wondering if any of you had any House Rules you used in Franchise. I'll drop a couple of mine below.

1. Simulating season to Trade Deadline, then playing the remaining 20-25 games. Gives you a feel of a Playoff Push and makes all of your games important.
2. When playing, I always do player lock. When we are at home I player lock a winger. When we play on the road I player lock a defensemen.
3. I turn down the crowd volume significantly during the regular season, and then max it out in the Playoffs. Also completely turn of the commentary. Dull and boring for me.

Those are just a couple I do. Do you guys have any others that you utilize?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2021, 05:42 AM   #2
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollJacobus
Hey guys! I am a big Franchise player on all sports games, but this years Franchise Mode is so dull. Even the "Trade Deadline" mini game is so tedious and not enjoyable. I was wondering if any of you had any House Rules you used in Franchise. I'll drop a couple of mine below.

1. Simulating season to Trade Deadline, then playing the remaining 20-25 games. Gives you a feel of a Playoff Push and makes all of your games important.
2. When playing, I always do player lock. When we are at home I player lock a winger. When we play on the road I player lock a defensemen.
3. I turn down the crowd volume significantly during the regular season, and then max it out in the Playoffs. Also completely turn of the commentary. Dull and boring for me.

Those are just a couple I do. Do you guys have any others that you utilize?
OK Where to start..

Im strictly a FRANCHISE player who plays POSITION LOCK on BRODCAST camera only. IDC what anyone tells you but the game play 100% different on PL then when your playing by controlling ALL puck carriers. PL makes you AI actually play where they are supposed to be at most times. Do they mess up...sure but that what happens in real life.

I totally agree with you on the STALE aspect of franchise so here is what i do to spice it up and make it a DEEPER experience.

1. SLIDERS - You have to have a GREAT set of sliders that fits how YOU want the game to play. Let me explain. We all know the CPU has AI COMBACK LOGIC but with proper sliders and playing your position properly it can be stopped 99.9% of the time very quickly.

2. PLAYER MANAGEMENT(SALARIES, TRADES ECT) - Ok everyone knows the 85% rule. DONT USE or ABUSE it. If a player wants to resign with you use the 90-92% rule of their asking price. If a player does NOT want to resign with you you either offer what they want or pay them more. This is non negotiable.

Players rated (87) and above signed in FREE AGENCY are granted NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE until the final year of the deal they sign. (keep a notebook handy you will need it)

TRADES: CPU GM's are all nuts. They under offer 100% of every trade. They must come out on top for almost every transaction. ANY player they are willing to move they will take equal swap or a fraction better but there are some situations where you can pull off the deal. If a player is on the trade block or available(RED) on rosters then everything is on the table. if a player is (WHITE) on roster meaning not available, then you must OVER PAY by 1/2 the total trade bar. if you want a 2nd liner player whos trade value is way down because of salary cap issues or is in the final years of a deal too bad... You need to pay up, reason being is that guy will most likely be a FA and want an outrageous salary and he will get it from someone. Maybe that guy goes from NO to a YES to resign because your team is a winner or he has great chemistry with who he is playing with.

RFA's - When you get 7 years and deeper into the franchise 2nd contract RFA's are 100% off limits. The CPU does not know how to manage their future star players and you'll be able to pilfer GREAT players for picks . I know what you thinking offer sheets do happen but this is a personal preference. I don't want to see the same teams picking in the top 5 10 years in a row and it does happen.

3. SCOUTS - totally you call.. I know people that fire all scouts and let luck determine their fate and then there is me. I and shoulders deep. I have had drafts with 8 picks and all were top 6 rated or better for all 8 picks.

The 1st option is the nuclear option and sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you blow the pick..

Those are my little things i do.. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but its 5am and I just woke up.

Good Luck

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »