Home

NHL 22 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 22 Gameplay Trailer within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2021, 05:23 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 22 Gameplay Trailer

The irony of arguing over complaining or not complaining is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2021, 06:41 PM   #82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Y’all have been saying the same shtick for YEARS

Either EA is not listening, or they don’t care. This is the EA NHL series and this is what it will always be

Anyone who tortures themselves over a video game like this is well, crazy.

You wanna call people “soft” for not “protesting” a video game? Okay..

Think about how you guys look throwing the same fit every year because you expect this game to change and it’s just not going to happen

No one is tortured over it lol. I don't sit here every waking minute of every day thinking of the EA NHL series. But when I'm on this forum, I have a right to voice my opinion without being told not to.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:27 PM   #83
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan28
The irony of arguing over complaining or not complaining is hilarious.

Tragic irony? Or Poetic Justice? You tell me...
Old 08-30-2021, 07:38 PM   #84
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Remember when the game has played the same for over a decade now and you came onto Operation Sports every year complaining about it? Knowing good and damn well EA could care less and will make the game however they want? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Also good job on flexing your Google skills with that "perspicacious" take. Did you have your pinky up when writing that last line? LMAO ho-ly moly HAHAHA
I know words that would turn your brain to mush. But let's end this thusly and we never speak of it again. I just hope you can hear me back in the 80's where you so ostensibly reside: back then it would take years for our feedback to take effect. If we still lived in those times then perhaps you'd be telling the truth.

However we live in a time and period where feedback is almost instantaneous (comparatively). Things we say today get fixed or changed within weeks (if not days).

So we'll stay here giving feedback (heh, I guess that's the purpose of having a test now isn't it?) and you'll stay where you are keeping quiet.

Here's a bit of wisdom for you: "In order to move forwards, you have to run in place very fast". A wasted modicum of knowledge perhaps, but, oh well... I did try.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:03 PM   #85
Pro

OVR: 16

I'm glad to know they got around to including ice that can spray onto the camera. I was waiting years for that feature. Who needs improved AI when replay cameras can get sprayed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2021, 04:56 AM   #86
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
I know words that would turn your brain to mush. But let's end this thusly and we never speak of it again. I just hope you can hear me back in the 80's where you so ostensibly reside: back then it would take years for our feedback to take effect. If we still lived in those times then perhaps you'd be telling the truth.

However we live in a time and period where feedback is almost instantaneous (comparatively). Things we say today get fixed or changed within weeks (if not days).

So we'll stay here giving feedback (heh, I guess that's the purpose of having a test now isn't it?) and you'll stay where you are keeping quiet.

Here's a bit of wisdom for you: "In order to move forwards, you have to run in place very fast". A wasted modicum of knowledge perhaps, but, oh well... I did try.

……. Hilarious, seriously lol

Honestly, man. Keep up the good fight. Hopefully in the next decade you’ll get the NHL game you want.

Good luck!

Old 08-31-2021, 05:29 AM   #87
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

I try to be open minded about all this. It is a video game and it is a hobby, but outside of some graphics it seems similar to everything else we've had. 21 was probably the best game this team has developed, but it still gave the appearance of every team being the same. If I played the Islanders, they would rack up 8 hits, same for the lightning or Oilers. Maybe x factors will help that? There's a lot of situational awareness issues in this series. Maybe it's the fact that I'll be 40 soon, but there's less and less reason for this game (and games in general) to get my money. I really hope this changes because I love hockey.
Old 08-31-2021, 11:47 AM   #88
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
I try to be open minded about all this. It is a video game and it is a hobby, but outside of some graphics it seems similar to everything else we've had. 21 was probably the best game this team has developed, but it still gave the appearance of every team being the same. If I played the Islanders, they would rack up 8 hits, same for the lightning or Oilers. Maybe x factors will help that? There's a lot of situational awareness issues in this series. Maybe it's the fact that I'll be 40 soon, but there's less and less reason for this game (and games in general) to get my money. I really hope this changes because I love hockey.
I'm in the same boat, man. 21 is the best all-around experience they've built for my needs. Others might disagree, but the creation suite is a huge deal for me and the way I experience games so 21 is the best game I've played from EA. It's why I've spent so much time tweaking the game to my exact liking and don't have any urge to move to 22 as the next big step for me would be AI play. I don't see the AI being much better than they currently are with an entire engine change and the X-factor system taking their attention for the year.

I can confidently say that x-factors will NOT make the Islanders play like the Islanders. These x-factors are built around offense and game-changing skills, not something as mundane as finishing checks. This is exatly why we need a huge focus on the AI. We need individual tendencies and we need more team strategy settings that make sense. I honestly hate the "pinch/hold line" defense sliders as they really don't make sense. Pinching is situational by nature and it's something that the game probably will never be able to accurately represent. So, I'd like to see pinching tied to the forecheck selected and the team pressure settings, but that also means we need a complete overhaul of the FC options and how the AI plays/responds to your pressure level settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »