Home

NHL 22 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 22 Gameplay Trailer within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2021, 04:00 PM   #25
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 22 Gameplay Trailer

I think you guys are over top complaints after complaints, I tend to veer from that, guys if wanting to buy NHL 22, don't listen to everyone here, keep optimistic about it, it'll work out in end, it won't exactly look quite like that when you actually play the game, a gameplay trailer was blending of probably of 4k graphics and 1080p graphics, on the brought side keep hopes up, don't let one evil comment scare you away, you realize when they do gameplay trailers it's usually displayed on lower difficulties, we haven't seen all-star or superstar hard modes yet.

remember NHL games have a lot of game modes and probably newer sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2021, 04:28 PM   #26
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

All I had to do was watch the AI backup and stand still while getting split by McDavid to know that they weren't touched at all. At this point, their feature set is beyond good enough, but their AI is simply unacceptably poor. Without any significant upgrades to the AI, I don't see how 22 can give me much more than 21. That's just reality. Stick physics doesn't push the needle when you watch the AI opponents bunch up on a 5-on-3 and cover literally nobody or watch a 1-on-3 with McDavid turn into a breakaway without doing a move and without even an attempt to mitigate by the defenders.

It's just not good nor different enough to warrant a purchase.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:03 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7

Something has to be said when all these sports games on “next gen” are 90% the same game that was on the ps3/360 gameplay wise. At what point do we get new experiences on a new console?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-26-2021, 05:10 PM   #28
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

The new stick physics could improve gameplay a lot if they are as advertised, referring to stick on stick and stick on body collisions. If sticks don't go through other sticks or body anymore, it would make the gameplay so much better and true to life. I was pushing for this since a long time. However, call me a bit doubtfull here, as it seems a feature I would love as a hardcore gamer but most casual gamers probably won't. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out I guess.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:12 PM   #29
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

again don't let negative feedback trouble you, some people here are probably from online communities, online people are always so negative, look how negative they were when they said NHL 21 was bad at the beginning, look at NHL 21 it turned out alright in end, I suspect NHL 22 will be the same thing if not better, in some ways, we still haven't seen the finished product, that in gameplay trailer was not finished product.

if it's Austin Matthews, am getting NHL 20 vibes again in the style of play we gonna see, suspect sim mixed with arcade and competitiveness and more sim this time.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 08-26-2021 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:33 PM   #30
Rookie

The AI is pathetic, at this point I assume you're Sean Ramjagsingh, it's the only explanation for such blatant fanboyism.

If we have the ability to create AI that will take over the world, these guys can figure out how to make the CPU players smarter than what they are.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:40 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 24

Looks perfectly fine to me. That isn't really a compliment or a massive criticism, it's just fine. EA NHL. Not as good as FIFA or Madden but if it feels good in the controller on PS5 I'll be really happy. Madden and FIFA feel awesome to play. I doubt this group made that extra effort though.

At this point the entire direction of the NHL team is to cater to HUT and crazy youtube streamers (one of the producers said the new UI was a way to "peacock on your opponents" which is a sentence no one actually has ever used). Rammer clearly loves the attention from the HUT diehard community.

I'm done expecting EA to fundamentally change how they build this series. The dev team is small because the game didn't sell well in years past, and it didn't sell well because the dev team was uninspired and missed the mark for a few years after PS4 started. So here we are, with the dev team giving us miniscule gameplay improvements year after year but developing 100 new game modes for people to spend money on card packs and cosmetics for their player with a racial slur as their last name.

That said, if it plays 5% better than NHL21, and franchise mode gets some quality of life improvements, I'll be pretty happy overall and probably spend over 100 hours playing franchise mode, so whatever. But the NHL dev team either is clearly a level of talent below FIFA or Madden or has such a massive difference in resources that improving the actual gameplay substantially is impossible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2021, 05:44 PM   #32
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

am not sean, of course, am a fanboy of the NHL series, I wasted countless hours on NHL 20 and NHL 21, and NHL 16, I think NHL 22 might be the greatest product ever, am getting prepared to be blown away this time.

I bought every NHL game from 06-2021, no...I have never seen NHL 94 in my life or NHL 93, there is even a video from NHL 94-2021 looking at ai back then.

do you guys remember the forum user named : BlackXEyes, I had arrived in 2007, years ago I had to get a name change, cause my old user name was offensive, so... SuperGoalies was born, hello.

am also a Canadian and also indigenous person, gonna be 32 in December, names evan, nice to meet you fully in person.

https://tenor.com/view/laughing-soni...n-gif-21612885

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 08-26-2021 at 06:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »