Home

NHL 22 Gameplay Video and Changes That Have Been Made Since the Closed Technical Test Revealed

This is a discussion on NHL 22 Gameplay Video and Changes That Have Been Made Since the Closed Technical Test Revealed within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2021, 01:44 AM   #17
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 22 Gameplay Video and Changes That Have Been Made Since the Closed Technical

Its a human cpu video but we rarely see the cpu have the puck on offense. You cant really judge the off cpu ai all that much from this video, most of the offensive action is when the human player has the puck. Some gameplay issues from last year:

1) does the cpu dmen over-pass when they get the puck at the point? ( issue wasbt there in 20, but was in 21)

2) how does the cpu cycle? Do they use the bords to cycle like the human player does in this video?

3) is the cpu over accurate with passing at 0 pass sliders? ( issue wasnt there in nhl 20, but was in 21)

The bells and whistles are great and all, but wont mean much if core gameplay issues are lackluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-30-2021, 03:39 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 22 Gameplay Video and Changes That Have Been Made Since the Closed Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
will wait till end of November for a good Rooster
I'm really sorry, dude, cause I'm aware that english isn't your first language, but this made me laugh pretty hard.

Google rooster
Old 09-30-2021, 07:28 AM   #19
Rookie

Re: NHL 22 Gameplay Video Arrives Tomorrow at 11:00 AM ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
Is this 22? Or 21? Or 20? Or 17?

They all look the same. It’s a shambles that in the year 2021 (and next generation consoles) this game looks 90% like it did 5 years ago.

FIFA and Madden have taken a real leap forward this year. It’s a mystery to me why EA can’t do it with the NHL series.

Give us a proper broadcast camera, EA.

Stale, stale, stale…
This. How can EA allow this to happen? FIFA and Madden took that next step. Why not with the NHL series?

The gameplay and flow of the game looks the same. Pretty sad what EA NHL has become. I for one will not be buying this game at launch. I'll give the 10 hour trial a try, read reviews and comments from members on this forum and go from there.

Last edited by bransen; 09-30-2021 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:54 AM   #20
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

The NHL series is always a step or two behind FIFA and Madden as they have a much smaller budget.

I liked what I saw but I'll reserve judgement until I play the 10 hour trial in a week.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:43 PM   #21
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Wishing the Q & A had a gameplay video attached to it, I didn't quite see gameplay videos attached to it, except people talking like it was a podcast, show us some more gameplay videos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2021, 04:21 PM   #22
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
Wishing the Q & A had a gameplay video attached to it, I didn't quite see gameplay videos attached to it, except people talking like it was a podcast, show us some more gameplay videos.
This. All I saw in a 27 minutes straight gameplay video is non-stop rush up/down hockey and talking what THEY want (HUT crowd) vs what we want (SIM crowd). No passing, no set plays, no improvements.

I wanted to see some change but all I saw was 27 minutes of HUT gameplay. Nothing to get worked up for... Yet.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:33 PM   #23
Rookie

With the exception of the stupid icons on the top of some players heads I can't see any difference from 21. Same gameplay with high speed end to end brainless hockey.

The passing in this series is embarassing, seriously, there's absolutely no context on passes. Everyone can make 50mph passes at anytime and in any situation. It doesn't matter if it's a backhand, if it's between the legs, if the player is being pressured, if he have no space to move the stick enough to make a long pass, if the player is being hold on boards, etc etc etc... Even the passing sliders makes zero difference for the AI, it makes all the passes the same way no matter the situation, if that pleases the HUT players that's ok, but for me the game plays like crap!
Old 09-30-2021, 10:57 PM   #24
All Star

Looks like ps4 or something if you told me this was ps4 and not like ps5 or XSX I would have believed you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »