Home

NHL 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impresssions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2021, 09:32 AM   #81
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impresssions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialAssassin
For the computer it's walk into the slot and let a wrist shot go and score every time. Same opportunity isn't afforded for us with the controller lol. The Pens scored five on me with a wrister from between the two circles yesterday before I quit the game and turned off the console.
Would you say the CPU was more creative than NHL 21 tho? I’m looking for more variety of goals being scored on both ends especially on higher difficulties other than Pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2021, 09:36 AM   #82
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impresssions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Perfect, I was referring to the User against the CPU goalie. What difficulty are you playing on? I just hated on relying on one timers to score on higher difficulties, it got so repetitive.

All-star with default settings. Granted it was one game vs the Buffalo Sabres. Plan to test more this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2021, 09:45 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 0

Arguably Canada's team is the Toronto Maple Leafs and Canada is the center of hockey and the Leafs didn't get 1 new scan.Imagine the Yankees,Cowboys or the Celtics not having no new face scans.Does this development team even know hockey culture.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:45 AM   #84
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
All-star with default settings. Granted it was one game vs the Buffalo Sabres. Plan to test more this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually was invested in NHL 21 but it got too repetitive with relying on one timers to score on All-Star or higher. However on Pro difficulty, I scored on a variety of ways but it was too easy and the opposing CPU team was too passive and too easy for me to stop them from even attempting a shot.

If you can share your findings when you play more that’ll be greatly appreciated, wanting to see if you can score in a variety of ways against the CPU on all-star or higher is a top priority IMO.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:25 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1
Observations after a few games:

- Noticeable improvement in the ice visuals / texture, but ice looks much better in Dynamic camera than in True Broadcast.
- Frame rate drops down when game speed is reduced from the default 3 (it is really choppy at 0).*
- I am not seeing many new animations
- Passing is more contextual. If a pass is played behind a player, he will have a harder time picking it up successfully (which is good)
- I am seeing a good variety of goals.*
- Much improved AI*
- Players still move a bit robotic, not fluidly
- Not too keen on the new triangle player indicator over the head, especially for the CPU (hard to notice)
- Poke check is really very well implemented (finally), without tripping fouls being called every 5 seconds
- That said, there are not enough penalties called (on other offences)*
- Cycling the puck is much more fluid and intuitive

My biggest gripe (as every year) is that the True Broadcast camera is too close to the action. Why can't EA allow us to zoom out? The only way I can enjoy the game is by playing European leagues where the ice is area is larger and the camera is more zoomed out.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2021, 10:54 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 0

Playing on all-star the last few years this seems to be the year to jump to Superstar. Game plays better to me. More variety of goals, harder to just skate past the CPU, just a better game. Usually Superstar just means the CPU scores easier on the same shots but doesn't seem to be the case to me so far.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:02 AM   #87
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles2you90
Playing on all-star the last few years this seems to be the year to jump to Superstar. Game plays better to me. More variety of goals, harder to just skate past the CPU, just a better game. Usually Superstar just means the CPU scores easier on the same shots but doesn't seem to be the case to me so far.
I agree, I've been playing SS level as well.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:04 AM   #88
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
Observations after a few games:

- Noticeable improvement in the ice visuals / texture, but ice looks much better in Dynamic camera than in True Broadcast.
- Frame rate drops down when game speed is reduced from the default 3 (it is really choppy at 0).*
- I am not seeing many new animations
- Passing is more contextual. If a pass is played behind a player, he will have a harder time picking it up successfully (which is good)
- I am seeing a good variety of goals.*
- Much improved AI*
- Players still move a bit robotic, not fluidly
- Not too keen on the new triangle player indicator over the head, especially for the CPU (hard to notice)
- Poke check is really very well implemented (finally), without tripping fouls being called every 5 seconds
- That said, there are not enough penalties called (on other offences)*
- Cycling the puck is much more fluid and intuitive

My biggest gripe (as every year) is that the True Broadcast camera is too close to the action. Why can't EA allow us to zoom out? The only way I can enjoy the game is by playing European leagues where the ice is area is larger and the camera is more zoomed out.*
What difficulty are you playing on? Did the opposing CPU team cycle the puck as well? What kind of goals did you score?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »