Home

NHL 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impresssions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2021, 03:47 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Trial is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I still don’t see it for PS5 but I’m on the app on my phone not my system. Guess I’ll look on my system when I get home.

Can’t find it either

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-07-2021, 04:03 PM   #34
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Trial is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouserjr0614
Can’t find it either

I had to do a search of the Playstation Store to find it. Once I did there was an option to download the EA Play trial right next to the standard version of the game. It is not listed in the EA Play subscription section if that is where you are looking.
Old 10-07-2021, 04:14 PM   #35
Rookie

reth316's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 22 Impressions Thread

I have played 2 games and am loving it!

The haptic feedback on PS5 is really well done. The game looks gorgeous, a few dodgy animations here or there but so far nothing game breaking.

The sim gameplay feels spot on for me so far other than the usual lack of CPU penalties but hopefully sliders can fix that.

The Stat overlays are easily the best this game has done in a long time, they are superb I just wish they stayed on screen for a bit longer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2021, 04:42 PM   #36
Rookie

I agree the stat overlays are nice with the augmented reality but it seems to come at the expense of replays. You get an occasional replay after a goal, but only 1 quick angle. Zero replay of penalties l, it just goes right into showing the he penalty taker going into the box with the Aug Reality showing type of penalty and time of penalty. There is almost zero pregame. They don’t show and talk about the goalies at all anymore. Haven’t tried franchise but I’m sure it’s the same. Graphics are much improved, especially the ice and the lighting. Seems a bit more active I. The neutral zone and I actually had to dump and chase sometimes instead of just doing it to try and replicate real hockey. Playing on Allstar and I am 1-2. The cpu is less tic tac toe pass crazy which is great. I also and I don’t ever remember the cpu doing this saw the cpu bank pass a puck to a streaking teammate because one of my players was in between them taking away a direct pass. I could be wrong and maybe this has been in the game but it was new to me. Would love if they added a lead pass option and maybe something similar to fifa where u can call on another teammate that ur not controlling to pressure the puck. So far tho I’m very hopeful that we have a very good game this year.
Old 10-07-2021, 04:46 PM   #37
Rookie

reth316's Arena

You need to change the presentation setting to full broadcast and you will get more replays and goalie matchups in the intro that way.
Old 10-07-2021, 04:51 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reth316
You need to change the presentation setting to full broadcast and you will get more replays and goalie matchups in the intro that way.
Oh wow I didn’t even see that as an option, thanks brother!
Old 10-07-2021, 04:59 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 2
NHL 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impresssions Here

I know this is impressions thread, but are you guys allowed to post videos now? Would love to see Ps5 gameplay simulation videos.

Old 10-07-2021, 05:23 PM   #40
Rookie

reth316's Arena

Re: NHL 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impresssions Here

Another thing I have noticed that is a shame is the new scores and points leader ticker at bottom of screen is only available in Be A Pro. That absolutely should be in Frachise mode! Can't believe it's not...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »