Home

The Presentation In This Game Is Too Much To Bear

This is a discussion on The Presentation In This Game Is Too Much To Bear within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2021, 12:07 PM   #33
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Presentation In This Game Is Too Much To Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
What are the best audio settings to make the crowd seem louder and really get the ambience of a broadcast on TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Honestly if anyone knows, please do share because the goal horns are meh and the crowd is so dull and I have all audio settings at 10/10.

Find league standings, scores, and replays here:
https://evhl.elitevirtualsports.com/
Old 10-19-2021, 01:17 PM   #34
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Leave horns and crowd at 10, turn other volumes down, and adjust tv/speaker volume accordingly?

Played another game last night with no commentary and condensed presentation. Really enjoy that for play now but wonder how much situational commentary there is in franchise mode. Can't stand when there are presentation elements that obviously should have commentary and there's just dead air (I assume condensed helps to limit this).
Old 10-19-2021, 01:28 PM   #35
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Leave horns and crowd at 10, turn other volumes down, and adjust tv/speaker volume accordingly?

Played another game last night with no commentary and condensed presentation. Really enjoy that for play now but wonder how much situational commentary there is in franchise mode. Can't stand when there are presentation elements that obviously should have commentary and there's just dead air (I assume condensed helps to limit this).

I don’t remember hearing much situational commentary in my handful of franchise games before I turned it off.

Other then the same stories repeated every time they showed something like the next 3 games graphic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2021, 01:45 PM   #36
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Yeah, I wouldn't expect it but you never know. I guess I'm at the point where if I don't like something about a game I just eliminate it if possible -- like commentary and clunky presentation... did the same in The Show -- or don't play the game if it's something more fundamental. If it is done well, great, but I'm not going to actively detract from my enjoyment of a game for the sake of a few decent lines. It's mostly just noise, and as a father of young kids, many times all I want is less noise.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:28 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
It's all pretty terrible across the board.

I love, love, love that their pitch for going to a no-name talk radio host was that he was local and they could bring him in all the time to add more lines and commentary and then 3 years into it he hasn't added a single damn new line. Just a master class job by the dev team to do something and then just abandon it completely because the HUT/world of chel team is their only focus.

This is probably the first time ever I turn off broadcast commentary completely. It's so bad.

Also anyone know if those god-awful x-factor replays can be turned off in franchise mode? I don't want every goal scored by Ovechkin to have some spotlight crap.
Ive been waiting for this as well.

Instead we get a guy who has never done play by play repeating the same lines several times per game.

The woman commentator is terrible there are better out there she doesnt even have a radio voice.

Compare commentary in this to NHL 2K6 on original xbox. This is unacceptable nowadays really when you see how much better 2K6-2K8 commentary is. Detailed stats would even announce their GAA to the decimal lol

The commentary has always been awful in EA but this takes the cake. Cybulski is a shocker to anyone like me who lives in Vancouver. The guy is not a play by play guy, wheres the extra lines?

And on that note Snoop Dogg was insanely annoying as well
Old 10-20-2021, 05:43 PM   #38
Rookie

I had to turn off the score clock in fear of it burning into my OLED.
Old 10-21-2021, 05:29 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhalendlrband

Instead we get a guy who has never done play by play repeating the same lines several times per game.

The woman commentator is terrible there are better out there she doesnt even have a radio voice.

Compare commentary in this to NHL 2K6 on original xbox. This is unacceptable nowadays really when you see how much better 2K6-2K8 commentary is. Detailed stats would even announce their GAA to the decimal lol

The commentary has always been awful in EA but this takes the cake. Cybulski is a shocker to anyone like me who lives in Vancouver. The guy is not a play by play guy, wheres the extra lines?

And on that note Snoop Dogg was insanely annoying as well

THIS! 100% agree!
Is this your *its in the game* ???
A shame.... please treat the NHL with the respect it deserves!

Old 10-30-2021, 02:14 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
So I played a game last night without commentary.

MUCH more enjoyable. I didnt realize how badly it was grating on my nerves till i totally shut that sh!t down.
HELLO OBG!!!! This is Canucksss..... its been ages since i visited this site... LOL.... only recently and I cant remember what email and password i used in opening this account back in 2003.

So how do you rate this game? thanks!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »