Home

The AI is dreadfully bad

This is a discussion on The AI is dreadfully bad within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2021, 11:55 AM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
The AI is dreadfully bad

Am I crazy? I'm playing on Superstar and I always lock my play to the Center position in games. My teammate AI is so bad. They rarely pass to open lanes, they don't poke check and play awful on defense, they don't body check at the boards pretty much at all.

9 times out of 10 when they get the puck on defense, they just let the opposition pin them against the boards. Happens quite alot actually.

Also if you do happen to get on a break away, the defensive AI gets this amazing burst of speed and catches up to you so fast.

Am I just not playing this game correctly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2021, 12:20 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: The AI is dreadfully bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Am I crazy? I'm playing on Superstar and I always lock my play to the Center position in games. My teammate AI is so bad. They rarely pass to open lanes, they don't poke check and play awful on defense, they don't body check at the boards pretty much at all.

9 times out of 10 when they get the puck on defense, they just let the opposition pin them against the boards. Happens quite alot actually.

Also if you do happen to get on a break away, the defensive AI gets this amazing burst of speed and catches up to you so fast.

Am I just not playing this game correctly?
Nope!
I noticed early on when playing with postion-lock, the CPU is very docile when your AI teammates have the puck. And vice-versa.
But when you have the puck, the AI goes at you like you stole something from it.
This and everything you described has been going on for years in EAs hockey game.
It's because they don't know, or don't care, to make competent AI.
It'll never change.
The only hope for a game with decent AI is MetalHead getting the green light to make a Super Mega Hockey game.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2021, 10:31 AM   #3
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0

I said this exact thing in the impressions thread (AI being neglected/bad for another year) and was told my review was illegitimate. Maybe there's some legitimacy to it after all lol...(DUH)

Find league standings, scores, and replays here:
https://evhl.elitevirtualsports.com/
Old 10-25-2021, 04:44 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm pumping the AI on Superstar, they can't beat me at all lol. They barely even get 20 shots on goal
Old 10-25-2021, 05:27 PM   #5
Rookie

callahan24's Arena

I seem to always out shoot the CPU every game by a lot if I have 40 they’ll get maybe 20. I made there shot accuracy better and bumped up puck control by 15. It’s made it better more games than not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2021, 07:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by callahan24
I seem to always out shoot the CPU every game by a lot if I have 40 they’ll get maybe 20. I made there shot accuracy better and bumped up puck control by 15. It’s made it better more games than not.
It's time on attack that's the problem. I have them hemmed in their zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »