Home

Shot totals

This is a discussion on Shot totals within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2021, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

callahan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Shot totals

It’s seem no matter what I do I’m consistently out shooting my opponent by enough that it’s frustrating. I’ve gone down to 7min periods to lower my SOG. I’ve lowered pass Accuracy for me upped it for them. Gave them better puck control. I’ll get a great game and then 4 lopsided one. Is there a fix ? I play on all-star. I’ve tried pro with the sliders heavily slanted in the CPU’s favor and still annihilate them. So I don’t know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2021, 02:38 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Shot totals

Quote:
Originally Posted by callahan24
It’s seem no matter what I do I’m consistently out shooting my opponent by enough that it’s frustrating. I’ve gone down to 7min periods to lower my SOG. I’ve lowered pass Accuracy for me upped it for them. Gave them better puck control. I’ll get a great game and then 4 lopsided one. Is there a fix ? I play on all-star. I’ve tried pro with the sliders heavily slanted in the CPU’s favor and still annihilate them. So I don’t know.
I have the exact same issue no matter what difficulty I play..
Old 11-10-2021, 05:24 PM   #3
Rookie

callahan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan67
I have the exact same issue no matter what difficulty I play..
It’s definitely frustrating. One thing I was thinking was making poke checking “harder” my poke check sliders are default and for years I’ve been very good at it. Idk if that’d work.
Old 11-10-2021, 06:59 PM   #4
MVP

Before you start worrying about sliders have you considered you’re likely taking way more bad shots than you think, and that taking a look at a second & third option on each possession will cut your shot totals considerably?

Can be tempting to just pepper tf out of the goalie but having some patience and actually scoring goals on 15-20% of your shots is where it’s at on offense imo.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:35 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Before you start worrying about sliders have you considered you’re likely taking way more bad shots than you think, and that taking a look at a second & third option on each possession will cut your shot totals considerably?

Can be tempting to just pepper tf out of the goalie but having some patience and actually scoring goals on 15-20% of your shots is where it’s at on offense imo.
Thats ridiculous,why cut down on your shots, you're trying to win right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2021, 09:57 PM   #6
Rookie

callahan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers

It’s not that I don’t just fling easy wrist shot at goalie it’s time on attack if I have 4 more minutes in my zone it’s obviously going to sway my way. Can’t seem to fix that,I should add in my 3 wins(3-2) 7-0 5-0(Igor back to back) 4-3. Shots can’t be too bad.
Old 11-11-2021, 12:44 AM   #7
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

i find if i set sliders so i win a few less faceoffs and if i lower human players skating speed the computer gets more shots on me
Old 11-11-2021, 03:15 AM   #8
Rookie

callahan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaracus88
i find if i set sliders so i win a few less faceoffs and if i lower human players skating speed the computer gets more shots on me
What’s your faceoff difficulty setting and skating speed differential ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »