Home

Any Word on Patch? Apart from the following...NHL 22 plays like a dream...

This is a discussion on Any Word on Patch? Apart from the following...NHL 22 plays like a dream... within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2021, 12:42 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Any Word on Patch? Apart from the following...NHL 22 plays like a dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
What makes me sad is that NHL 22 has (had?) the trappings of a good hockey game. I, like everybody else, was very excited for the future of the series, which looked to be going in the right direction.

But it only took a couple of games to realize that it was to be new game, same ol' issues again. And then they "patched" the game to bring the gameplay backwards (again) while introducing new problems.

I find it funny that people will either answer "well if you don't like it, don't play it". Thing is I love hockey and this is it. There's nothing else. It's not like you can choose from multiple versions. Then the other half tell you "It's just a video game. If you want the real thing, go outside and play it". It's maybe easy for someone in their early teens or late "tweens" to say something like that. But the sad reality is that your body doesn't stay young forever. These old limbs want to be in the same shape as we were in youth, but it's not possible. And so we turn to something where we can relive those halcyon days with something that at least resembles the thing we love.

NHL 22 misses on all those counts. It's not even hockey anymore, it's more like pinball and a BAD game of pinball to boot. Believe me, I've played much better. See I don't condone the playing of a videogame. I love me a good game of Pacman or Castlevania or Halo. But when I see a game with a name like NHL, I expect it to at least... Oh, I don't know; PLAY LIKE IT???

I don't condone the firing of anyone. I don't want to see or hear that anyone loses their job over this. But I think it's maybe (high) time the NHL dev team and those higher ups that give them direction to step away and maybe try with another franchise (NBA Live comes to mind as it's still in need of a kick start). What the NHL series needs is not a patch, but a fresh start with fresh eyes and minds. Put new people in charge, put the series on a one or two year hiatus, start from scratch. Keep the current NHL alive by doing what Konami did with their PES series and come out with an update next year; new rosters, new teams, tweaks to gameplay and animations, etc. And take your time with the new game. If it's not ready in 2 years, that's ok, take all the time you need. Come out with another update to NHL 22 if that's what it takes.

But when the next NHL comes out, I want it to show the love the people behind it had, not just for the "video game" part, but the SPORT it represents.
A very very accurate post.

What drives me insane is when staff/supporters from EA will argue that "you cant please EVERYONE", but the Game easily has the capacity to play as ARCADE or/and SIM...IF the simple Sliders worked!!

All people want is a Game that is customisebale to tailor to the users peference, and whether you be ARCADE players, ONLINE/OFFLINE, Sim junkies, by default we should have a game that isnt broken (glitchy graphics, freezes, stuttering framerate and gameplay!!

A game that IF the user wishes to EDIT or to correct EAs mistake of INCORRECT sizes, weights, hair colour and YES bloody skin colour (!!!!) of its player models, then bloody un-lock it...its nothing NEW , the Game had this function unlocked for a decade, so the user could at least correct the errors!
These requests are not anything new , bold or ground-breaking.....they exist within the games capacity--and in a lot of cases, were staple functions once?
Old 12-08-2021, 06:20 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 9

Just saw on twitter, patch coming out December 9th with roster sharing addition
Old 12-09-2021, 10:05 AM   #51
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0

According to Clappy on twitter, the patch today will include a fix for missing jersey numbers on created teams (Think that's the number 1 thing I wanted fixed, so yay!), and a shoot/pass bias attribute being added to created players. Don't know how that'll go...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
According to Clappy on twitter, the patch today will include a fix for missing jersey numbers on created teams (Think that's the number 1 thing I wanted fixed, so yay!), and a shoot/pass bias attribute being added to created players. Don't know how that'll go...
The jersey numbers are fixed, however you still don't get a logo on the scoreboard for created teams, this was raised and I can't believe it isn't fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »