Home

Tuner Version - FIX THIS PLEASE

This is a discussion on Tuner Version - FIX THIS PLEASE within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2022, 11:05 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Tuner Version - FIX THIS PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbone Walker
So, you're saying that EA puts out a sim based hockey game for everyone else but people who enjoy the sim-gaming experience? Makes sense.
I have zero evidence that EA is unhappy with the sales and revenue the NHL series generates. There is a much, much larger audience that prefers a more simcade sports game experience. Most folks just want it realish, but won’t play it if it is not fun.

Sim gamers embrace a grind and slow pace that actually drives their target base away. Worse, sim gamers won’t shut up, and mock the people EA is trying to market to, by calling it for kiddies and broken. Because social media can amplify anger so well, a tiny subset of sports gamers, sim enthusiasts, can destroy the PR a publisher has produced to sell their game to people that do not identify as sim gamers.

It’s why Project Gotham and Forza Horizon outsell Forza and other sim racers. And while I get that sim gamers truly believe that developers can “easily” make game for both, that still ignores that the conversation sim gamers have about sports games mostly drives gamers away from sports games.

You should see the FH5 Reddit. It’s full of sim gamers complaining that a game that rewards you for running over things, offers very small consequences for hitting other cars, is full of “rammers” that “ruin” their experience.

They are too clueless to realize that they are the poops floating in the pool.
Old 04-01-2022, 08:35 AM   #34
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Do the tuner updates auto update after awhile?

I see the notifications for them on my home screen, but I get the game just right for me, so I opt to not download them. After about 2 weeks or so, I notice the game has completely changed, and I find myself messing with the CPU difficulty, learning, and strategy adjustment sliders.

Its crazy.

I have a great game, turn it off, then the next day im being manhandled.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-01-2022, 09:45 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Do the tuner updates auto update after awhile?

I see the notifications for them on my home screen, but I get the game just right for me, so I opt to not download them. After about 2 weeks or so, I notice the game has completely changed, and I find myself messing with the CPU difficulty, learning, and strategy adjustment sliders.

I have a great game, turn it off, then the next day im being manhandled.
Hiya buddy. After spending 3 months getting the game to play well (Offline Season Mode) the previous patch utterly destroyed my work.

Suddenly every point shot was blocked at the blue line, there was no longer any deflections, the CPU could literally come out of the corner with the puck and my D would be magnetically rooted to the spot, yet the CPU (on Superstar) would only manage about 20 shots per game (yet always score at will).
It also brought in a turbo zoom puck.....

It became unplayable.

I had really hoped that the new patch yesterday would fix these faults (which only appeared after the previous patch), but alas, the first game I tried (Game 68 of my season), I was 2-0 down in the first period (although outshooting the Islanders 12-4!!!) and experienced the "turbo warp zoom" puck twice in the period (one of the few things the patch claimed to have fixed)
I am sure there's some fixes, more slider adjustments etc, but I simply don't have the energy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2022, 10:56 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
It became unplayable...I am sure there's some fixes, more slider adjustments etc, but I simply don't have the energy.
Agree and understand entirely. As for those who will criticise others who like a more sim experience just because we complain about it, well, tough. I don't see why we don't get to express an opinion or frustration. If it annoys you, don't listen, don't know what to tell you.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:21 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I have zero evidence that EA is unhappy with the sales and revenue the NHL series generates. There is a much, much larger audience that prefers a more simcade sports game experience. Most folks just want it realish, but won’t play it if it is not fun.
I agree, I'm saying the changes that they implement make it not fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Sim gamers embrace a grind and slow pace that actually drives their target base away. Worse, sim gamers won’t shut up, and mock the people EA is trying to market to, by calling it for kiddies and broken. Because social media can amplify anger so well, a tiny subset of sports gamers, sim enthusiasts, can destroy the PR a publisher has produced to sell their game to people that do not identify as sim gamers.
Sounds to me like the people EA is trying to market to would prefer a modern day NHL Hitz. That's fine, the market could probably support two different games.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:35 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbone Walker
I agree, I'm saying the changes that they implement make it not fun.
Sounds to me like the people EA is trying to market to would prefer a modern day NHL Hitz. That's fine, the market could probably support two different games.
And thats the reason why we have gameplay sliders: to be able to "adjust" the game to suit everybody.....
Heck if you enjoy it ramped up , super fast, super fun , thats great, im all for it...
But, (and this is what the sliders are for ) if you prefer to put in the work and make it a more "sim" game, thats fine too.

WHAT I OBJECT TO is that if I decide I enjoy the game in "my own way"--I dont want the bloody company to release something that completeley, and without explanation, (or even an option to decline/revert back to previous etc) destroys my product.

Afterall, we managed perfectly fine for years, on lots of Sports games, on older formats to set the game however you wanted.
Why is it so bloody restrictive now?
Old 04-01-2022, 11:40 AM   #39
Rookie

I can’t express how depressing this thread is. I’ve been looking for a reason to buy this but always come here first to see the latest impressions. To see that the game continues to be plagued by the same issues as the entire last generation is so disheartening. I just want an nhl game that’s been given the same attention to detail as a game like mlb the show obviously gets. Sadly it’s probably been at least 10 years since the nhl series got anything close to that
Old 04-01-2022, 12:50 PM   #40
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerhix
I can’t express how depressing this thread is. I’ve been looking for a reason to buy this but always come here first to see the latest impressions. To see that the game continues to be plagued by the same issues as the entire last generation is so disheartening. I just want an nhl game that’s been given the same attention to detail as a game like mlb the show obviously gets. Sadly it’s probably been at least 10 years since the nhl series got anything close to that
In fairness, I feel like the difference between MLB the Show 17 and 21 (haven't played 22 yet...) are pretty minor though, no? There are certainly minor graphical/gameplay updates (ball physics changing in '20 was great), but in comparison, I don't think that it's been that major leap forward like you're describing?

Personally, I actually quite enjoy this years NHL game. Are there warts? Absolutely. But, as someone who typically purchases the game annually, this is the best version that I've played. Roster sharing adds a great element to it as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »