Home

AI needs to be better , AI more robotic and less human element

This is a discussion on AI needs to be better , AI more robotic and less human element within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2022, 03:53 PM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
AI needs to be better , AI more robotic and less human element

NHL 22 needs better AI, I feel like they keep making similar adjustments to previous games, I dunno what they are trying to achieve in NHL 22, but it clearly backfired and ended up, costing EA Sports sum fan base, yah they added x-factor stuff, but core gameplay and defensive ai and playable goalie mode is still lacking and yes when I play goalie, I still feel like am controlling AI on the ice still somehow, from experience, coach controls the players and tells them where to go and such, goalies don't that, I think DAA or directional thing is causing the offense to play bad, that mechanic needs re-worked and stuff, I still see defense still afraid to do stretch pass and pass the guy in the slot.

AI CPU is playing with a more robotic and less human element to it, the game needs a human element to it, I had others say that too.

they even shut off the Human Values and put all CPU Values only, that's kinda bad, so when u play goalie put human sliders down to 0, and just edit the CPU values only. as human values do nothing currently.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 05-05-2022 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2022, 01:49 AM   #2
MVP

Re: AI needs to be better , AI more robotic and less human element

Every year the same. As later the game year, as worser they change the AI.
Old 05-08-2022, 11:46 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
NHL 22 needs better AI, I feel like they keep making similar adjustments to previous games, I dunno what they are trying to achieve in NHL 22, but it clearly backfired and ended up, costing EA Sports sum fan base, yah they added x-factor stuff, but core gameplay and defensive ai and playable goalie mode is still lacking and yes when I play goalie, I still feel like am controlling AI on the ice still somehow, from experience, coach controls the players and tells them where to go and such, goalies don't that, I think DAA or directional thing is causing the offense to play bad, that mechanic needs re-worked and stuff, I still see defense still afraid to do stretch pass and pass the guy in the slot.

AI CPU is playing with a more robotic and less human element to it, the game needs a human element to it, I had others say that too.

they even shut off the Human Values and put all CPU Values only, that's kinda bad, so when u play goalie put human sliders down to 0, and just edit the CPU values only. as human values do nothing currently.
I am consistently having great fun competitive games. The game plays great for fans. They need less FUD from awful fans, and somehow convince them that a $60 licensed hockey game is not simulation engine worth massive investment in AI.

It’s not a sim. If it were, sales would be worse. They sell more to less sim minded gamers, and have found trying to placate sim gamers with tuners and play styles just made them more entitled, less grateful, and toxic to their prime demographic.

But sure, I’m sure the doofus that thinks NHL games generate more revenue than FIFA game should be making demands. That’s so rich.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:28 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

My issue is in the limited amount of play now games I've played (because my life is just too busy) it feels like all of the goals are the same. one timers and rebounds, mostly. It just seems like the SAME game no matter what teams or players. Hockey is an exciting game, but EA makes it so routine and boring each year. They have never captured the essence of the pace and thrill. It's sad.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:47 AM   #5
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
Every year the same. As later the game year, as worser they change the AI.
Yeah they do everything for online which screws the offline , they need separate sliders but after the latest update to fix the previous I'm already tired of it and took a break to play Zombie army games latest content .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2022, 05:28 AM   #6
MVP

Look at some online games. You realy think that the gameplay looks much better online now ? Would say no ! The posts in their own Forum confirm that. Also this games are made more and more emotionless and stale from year to year. Someone says ….. if you want to know how good a game is, play vs the AI.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:15 PM   #7
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

I would have to agree with everyone here, over the years games kind of became stale and emotionless players on the ice, sometimes I think AI CPUs show no mercy, meaning they run up the score lots, that is so not true, some teams maybe 3-5 goals, but to hold the lead, they shut it down and play a defensive game and try to prevent other teams from scoring or trying to pull a comeback team or sometimes they will dump the puck in to kill time off clock or rope a dope little bit or on purposely play and play and in-tell no time runs off score clock kind of troll other teams a little bit.

this aspect what's missing from the game right now or where's the player who will put the team on his back and try to get an equalizer or make teammates work together, where's the goalie who will shut down the game and not let any more goals in, or where's teammate compitablitie or teammate leadership or teammate teamwork play, or defensive defensemen shut down play who are defensive defensemen who actually block shots or smothers, other opposition teams.

we shouldn't be seeing 1 player taking shots or scoring goals, in the end, it's a team effort, team play is number 1.
Old 05-13-2022, 02:39 PM   #8
Banned

Dude, that’s the effect of X-Factors, and it works well. THAT’S what differentiates the way different stars take over games, or beat you.

It’s been one of the best features in sports games. And while it was basically born out of UT games, it’s in franchise and play now where X-Factors really makes the game come alive.

I have no idea what game you are playing...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »