Home

What you want from NHL 23?

This is a discussion on What you want from NHL 23? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2022, 10:52 AM   #25
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What you want from NHL 23?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Better scoring chances/variety

I dunno if its me, but when I am on the powerplay, there is no screen in front of the net. It seems my guys are just on the wings, and the goalie has an open view of everything. (Is there a strat setting I am missing?)

Tip ins and redirects are also missing on a more consistent basis.
Net front presence is sorely lacking in this game. They're always in tieup battles off to the side, never anyone screening. Then the PP "covering" is just awful. Can't even run a normal PP because the moment you move a micro-inch with the puck carrier out of the "spot" your entire team of computer teammates starts a "covering chain" where player A covers for you being a micro-inch "out of position" (when you have the puck...comical) so player B covers for A and player C covers for B, and player D covers for C.

Devs claim they play their game every day, haven't felt the need to update this in 8 releases I guess though...too busy with the Michigan and vasilevsky animations to clean up the AI or the RVH, or numerous other animation/AI issues that would make this game much better than those two ridiculous animations...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2022, 07:42 PM   #26
Banned

Be a pro mode having the option to use an actual nhl player like past versions.
Old 07-13-2022, 08:41 PM   #27
Rookie

Multiple 32 team control franchise mode, lot my league mode like 2K. That alone would make me return my money to this dogshît franchise.
Old 07-16-2022, 04:33 PM   #28
MVP

I honestly have no hope anymore..

I thought I'd be off of NHL on PS3 by now, but I don't like anything since then and nothing I see indicates a trend in the correct direction

It's such a bummer

This used to be an annual purchase I was always excited for, and I've bought just one version since Legacy on PS3
Old 07-21-2022, 02:48 PM   #29
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

Well I am totally an offline gamer so what I would like may differ from most. I did feel like the overlays on the ice in the penalty box help with some immersion but I would like them to go a step further especially when the playoffs start after you have played a season. There is just not much different then a regular season game.

The post above me was correct in the beginning of this game tip in we’re going in but not too much but later on they are basically non existent.

Also please one day let’s us skate with
Lord Stanley maybe see a octopus on the ice or some rats in Florida and even though I am a red wings fan more Gritty😂
Old 07-24-2022, 03:05 AM   #30
Rookie

Chad0034's Arena

OVR: 2

Extremely surprised no one has said anything about presentation yet.

For me, thats the #1 thing missing here. NHL 14 was so immersive with the NBC presentation, and now the slo-mo shots showing your players "star ability" just makes everything feel like an arcade game. Announcing is in a horrible place and basically pointless in the current game.

I actually like the gameplay. AI can totally be improved majorly, but as someone who just plays other humans (no CPU), I find it really solid. I'd love more ugly goals, tip ins, etc, but I have found they've done a good job making the automatic cross crease goals much more effective to defend with the right settings and user control, + goalies doing a better job on them.

If we can get a major improvement in presentation, and the addition of custom sounds again, I'll be stoked.
Old 07-24-2022, 11:42 AM   #31
Banned

Ability to turn off X factor Ui everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2022, 01:20 PM   #32
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0034
Extremely surprised no one has said anything about presentation yet.

For me, thats the #1 thing missing here. NHL 14 was so immersive with the NBC presentation, and now the slo-mo shots showing your players "star ability" just makes everything feel like an arcade game. Announcing is in a horrible place and basically pointless in the current game.

I actually like the gameplay. AI can totally be improved majorly, but as someone who just plays other humans (no CPU), I find it really solid. I'd love more ugly goals, tip ins, etc, but I have found they've done a good job making the automatic cross crease goals much more effective to defend with the right settings and user control, + goalies doing a better job on them.

If we can get a major improvement in presentation, and the addition of custom sounds again, I'll be stoked.
Yeah the presentation decision to talk about fictional x-factors as if they're real life tangible abilities was easily the worst decision they've made in a long time. It's shocking that an "addition" to the presentation package can have such a negative affect on the user experience.

It's actually impressive how they took something rather poor and neglected and managed to make it even less enjoyable via an addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »