Home

EA UFC Bio: What Is Your Style of Fighting Online?

This is a discussion on EA UFC Bio: What Is Your Style of Fighting Online? within the EA Sports UFC Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2016, 04:35 AM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
EA UFC Bio: What Is Your Style of Fighting Online?

I understand that people will fight differently depending on who they're using, but in general what do you tend to do? I know Mike Meth likes to get in and out and Big Cee will try to violently rape you, but I'm curious what the rest of you are like.

Pappy Knuckles: Pressure striking game. I want to make you as uncomfortable as possible. Unless you show me a reason to respect your stand-up, I pretty much keep going forward the whole time and try to break you down.

I'll clinch if someone keeps backing up without throwing back or if they're doing stuff I don't like. Things like throwing a bunch of spinning stuff or trying to clinch with me a lot will get me to grab you in retaliation.

When I'm hurt, I'm still looking to find openings and hit you with my shot. I'm not into retreating until I recover. If I get clipped and finished, I'm willing to go out on my shield.

If I'm on the ground it's usually because you took me there or I stuffed your shot. If you looked at my last 100 fights, I might have one or two takedowns. If I take you down, you've proven to me that you're garbage there lol.

A lot of guys who are ultra-patient try to wear me out and make me spend up my energy, but that's not happening. If you go to decision with me I'm winning most of the time.

Takedown? What's that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (61.8 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg PS_Messages_20161008_043948.jpg (368.1 KB, 301 views)

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 10-08-2016 at 04:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 10:20 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Bio: What Is Your Style of Fighting Online?

Your style is exactly what I did in UFC1 and it worked very well for me. I went away from that in this game, especially when the game was first out because all of the spinny ****. I felt like i couldnt move forward at all in ranked without getting hit with spinny ****. In UFC 2 i lean very heavily on getting in and getting out. If they aren't much of a threat ill try to back them against the cage and throw bombs. I also try to use fighters that are good off their back so I can do well on the ground if it happens to go there. Submissions are huge in my game as well. If i ever catch anyone with low stamina or after a knockdown ill look to grapple and get a submission.. My most used fighter is nate diaz, and it fits my style very well haha. I currently have 507 wins and 111 losses. 41% submission wins and if it weren't for rage quits it would probably be around 50% id imagine. 30% of my losses are by decision and almost all the rest by knockout, I have only lost by sub 3 times. Oh and fun fact i have about 10 wins with cm punk against div 6 opponents lol

Last edited by zeric; 10-08-2016 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Awesome.

I also use ped, and I'm fairly sure every fight I've lost my opponent used cheat codes.

Last edited by Dave_S; 10-20-2016 at 01:54 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:31 PM   #4
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Such a cool, fun thread. Come on guys, lets see what everyone's like!

Hazanko: If I could describe my style in 1 word it would be Patient.
Patient Pa·tient /ˈPāSHənt/
adjective
1.able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

I play almost exclusively 5 round fights, and have very a paced, deliberate approach. A lot of my strategy revolves around using constant movement, feints, and counter striking, to draw out aggression from my opponent and get them to unwittingly gas themselves out.. Where I then pick up the pressure in the later rounds, and pick my opponent apart.

In the early rounds I like stay on the outside, and use a lot of counter jabs, body straights, and body kicks. I'll use my movement, get an opponent to miss, throw a sway-jab, then lunge out of the way, cut an angle out, and hang back to the outside again. I'll just keep doing small pot shots like this, sticking & moving, while my opponent, in most cases, is attempting to unload long combos, but in most cases, hitting only air.

If I get an opportunity where my opponent is back to the cage, I love to cage clinch them, and grind them with body hooks, body knees, and transitions denials, and eventually getting trip takedowns and grinding some more on the ground. Everything is done with the same end goal in mind; wear out the opponents stamina.

By round 4 I almost always have a pretty huge stamina advantage. This is generally when i'll stop "running" and start to pressure extremely hard. In a lot of my fights my opponents end up so drained they can only throw a couple shots before being totally gassed so it becomes fairly easy to really dominate them here with pinpoint, varied striking. I use a lot of lateral movement to cut the cage and get them trapped against the fence where I can unload with destructive combinations.

I do love to grapple though, and really like to mix up my striking, clinch, and grappling when fighting. I feel like mixing everything up, and using so much movement, confuses my opponents, and makes them play worse than they actually are. I often beat people in late rounds, who were obviously better strikers than me in the early rounds.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 10-11-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:23 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Such a cool, fun thread. Come on guys, lets see what everyone's like!

Hazanko: If I could describe my style in 1 word it would be Patient.
Patient Pa·tient /ˈPāSHənt/
adjective
1.able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

I play almost exclusively 5 round fights, and have very a paced, deliberate approach. A lot of my strategy revolves around using constant movement, feints, and counter striking, to draw out aggression from my opponent and get them to unwittingly gas themselves out.. Where I then pick up the pressure in the later rounds, and pick my opponent apart.

In the early rounds I like stay on the outside, and a lot of counter jabs, body straights, and body kicks. I'll use my movement, get an opponent to miss, throw a sway-jab, then lunge out of the way, cut an angle out, and hang back to the outside again. I'll just keep doing small pot shots like this, sticking & moving, while my opponent, in most cases, is attempting to unload long combos, but in most cases, hitting only air.

If I get an opportunity where my opponent is back to the cage, I love to cage clinch them, and grind them with body hooks, body knees, and transitions denials, and eventually getting trip takedowns and grinding some more on the ground. Everything is done with the same end goal in mind; wear out the opponents stamina.

By round 4 I almost always have a pretty huge stamina advantage. This is generally when i'll stop "running" and start to pressure extremely hard. In a lot of my fights my opponents end up so drained they can only throw a couple shots before being totally gassed so it becomes fairly easy to really dominate them here with pinpoint, varied striking. I use a lot of lateral movement to cut the cage and get them trapped against the fence where I can unload with destructive combinations.

I do love to grapple though, and really like to mix up my striking, clinch, and grappling when fighting. I feel like mixing everything up, and using so much movement, confuses my opponents, and makes them play worse than they actually are. I often beat people in late rounds, who were obviously better strikers than me in the early rounds.
I'd like to see you and Meth fight each other. That would be an interesting one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 11:03 PM   #6
Pro

I'm basically a jack of all trades... I like to try and play realistically depending on my opponent.. Generally prefer stand up, using movement, side stepping/lunging and dashing in and out trying to pick my shots, usually throwing 2-3 before I back out, occasionally throwing an extra 1-2 when they get use to it to try and land a good shot. If striking is equal or theyre better, I'll mix in some clinch work and ground game and see where Im better at. I also absolutely despise parry so not often I'll finish a quick match when theyre spamming parry every second just looking to counter. Find it so unrealistic and stupid looking and isn't fun for me.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:39 AM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Heavy Hands and Power Takedowns make up the brunt of Boiler's offensive efforts. While he always enjoys trading blows standing; using his storied background in boxing to bob, weave, and punish both pressure fighters and runners alike; don't get it twisted ---- other than a nasty Left Hook to the temple or Liver, Boiler's preferred way to finish the fight is Ground N Pound from Mount --- nothing more dominating than enforcing your will on someone and grinding them to dust!

Though he's never been a fan of kicks (95% of his strikes = punches), Boiler has realized that the limited ability to close distance in this game (and his preference for stocky fighters) has required him to embrace the roundhouse kick to the liver in certain situations. Often it's just a distraction to get opponents to drop their hands, but if they refuse to block their guts, Boiler will tear 'em out --- suffice to say, Body Work and Stamina Management is also one of Boiler's specialties.

If he has a weakness, it's the 3-round fight against pressure fighters (who refuse to stand toe to toe --- think, leg kick spammers ). Many of his losses come from him losing the first and second round; coming on very strong in the third round after gaining a major stamina advantage, but losing a close split decision. This is particularly difficult for him at the lower weight classes, where Stopping Power is often limited.

In terms of BJJ, Boiler is a Black Belt when it comes to defending, but probably a blue belt on offense, scoring only a dozen or so submission wins in more than 400 ranked fights. But hey, who needs submissions when you can smash your opponent into oblivion

How about that haha great thread !
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 10-11-2016, 08:03 PM   #8
Pro

That doesnt seem too difficult, I watch his videos and his ground doesnt seem to be that great.. he's a striker more than anything lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Online »