Home

Serious question, do people genuinely find this game fun?

This is a discussion on Serious question, do people genuinely find this game fun? within the EA Sports UFC Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2021, 01:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Serious question, do people genuinely find this game fun?

I've played almost all the UFC games and honestly UFC 4 just feels so cheesy, it feels closer to a tekken game than an MMA fight.

Just constant jab-jab-jab with total strikes that would make a Holloway fight look slow, maybe i'm just bad and don't know how to counter all the cheesy jab or knee-elbow or whatever other cheesy thing people use so that's why i'm genuinely curious if people find UFC 4 fun and a genuine improvement, last one I found fun was UFC 2 which obviously was still cheesy but still seemed less so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2021, 05:33 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Serious question, do people genuinely find this game fun?

Personally, no, and it's for the exact reasons you mentioned.

UFC 4 is not an MMA game, it's a fighting game masked in MMA clothes. Agreed that UFC 2 was the best of the EA batch, and Undisputed 3 still remains the best. UFC 4 is all about knowing what cheese combos to use, whereas an MMA game should be dynamic, force you to adjust and fight different every fight. The day they took out free combos for pre-defined ones was when they lost me.
Old 06-18-2023, 08:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Serious question, do people genuinely find this game fun?

It goes in waves for me. I think the positives are it's a more modern approach for an MMA game, less arcadey than a couple of other EA titles and there's definitely clear meta. But I think compared to THQ days, not really.

I tried to break down the more fun new features as well as the basic strategies as well as the meta & then give a fair detailed review on each aspect of the game here. Would be interested to get your thoughts on the review.

Top 10 UFC 4 Gameplay Features That Make It Fun

UFC 4 Tips and Strategies Guide (Top 25 Tips)

Is UFC 4 Good?

Last edited by jackc15; 06-18-2023 at 08:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Online »