Home

The imanari roll is just plain annoying

This is a discussion on The imanari roll is just plain annoying within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2017, 11:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The imanari roll is just plain annoying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0u45FOKRpo

Not a thing I could do to stop it, it's just one of those situations that would never happen in a real MMA fight so maybe an unrealistic counter to it is needed such as a "cooldown" or something along those lines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2017, 08:36 PM   #2
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Re: The imanari roll is just plain annoying

I take it you never watched Ryan Hall vs Gray Maynard?

Also dude... you have no room to complain with your goofy Straight Right -> Lead Body Kick spam....

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 09-08-2017, 08:42 PM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Plus you had postured up mount at one time. Ultimate team is wild, the roll is on the bottom end of the spectrum when it comes to UT shenanigans imo.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #4
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Plus you had postured up mount at one time. Ultimate team is wild, the roll is on the bottom end of the spectrum when it comes to UT shenanigans imo.
UT is seriously the goofiest of the goofy. Literally nothing but clown shoes spam exploit strategies.

No idea how anyone has fun with that.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 09-08-2017, 09:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I take it you never watched Ryan Hall vs Gray Maynard?

Also dude... you have no room to complain with your goofy Straight Right -> Lead Body Kick spam....
As opposed to what? I've never claimed to be amazing at the game, but it's better than the BS legkick/clinch spam than some people do. Not my fault the game rewards combos that include punches/kicks. Even watch someone like Martial Mind when he "try hards" he does the exact same combos because if you don't do them against someone that does you're putting yourself at a major disadvantage.

The imanari roll isn't the same thing as the combos and that was a weak comparison. You're right about the Maynard fight however, I hadn't seen it but even that wasn't nearly as obnoxious as what that guy was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
If I stayed on the ground there was a chance that he would catch me in a leglock or armbar and as I don't have good sub defense i'd rather not take that risk.

Last edited by Kyle1998; 09-09-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 12:40 AM   #6
Rookie

Yea I don't mind the move but I call bull**** on its use at times. People have been using it when rocked to avoid a possible finish. When I've rocked certain individuals, even if I'm not near, they use the roll to get on the ground. I have the roll applied also but never would I do that. I'd say it's similar to any glitch but I do admit it's a bit different

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-09-2017, 02:19 PM   #7
MVP

Why not just deny it and get free mount? If you are that worried about being on the ground in the most dominant position in the game, than you can stand up from there I guess. I would love free mount.

Last edited by Evil97; 09-09-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Why not just deny it and get free mount? If you are that worried about being on the ground in the most dominant position in the game, than you can stand up from there I guess. I would love free mount.
Because it depends when you deny it, if you watch the video most of the time my guy just moved his leg out of the way. On top of that, the one time I did get to top mount in the video my stamina was about equal with his so I needed to wait for me to recover and by that time he had recovered aswell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »