Home

Why do you think?

This is a discussion on Why do you think? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2022, 08:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why do you think?

Why do you think the current GPD’s were not influenced by the first GPD of the UFC games? GPD tried to make the game more realistic and true to the sport. The GPD’s that followed did not carry on with what he was doing. They hurt the game. They didn’t communicate with people in the forum that much either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2022, 10:57 AM   #2
Rookie

Shak 2 Times's Arena

Re: Why do you think?

In my opinion the blame should fall upon Brian Hayes and producer Nate McDonald for the direction they chose to take the game in. I still remember the survey that went out whilst we were still on UFC 3 that foreshadowed the strange costumes and whatnot to come.

Gameplay-wise there was traces of what the GPD we know and love had been working on, such as addressing the clinch which was a common complaint from players of the previous game. Even way after his departure things like the block animation changing I still appreciated gameplay wise, I don't think the gameplay developers are to blame whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-18-2022, 02:15 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
Why do you think the current GPD’s were not influenced by the first GPD of the UFC games? GPD tried to make the game more realistic and true to the sport. The GPD’s that followed did not carry on with what he was doing. They hurt the game. They didn’t communicate with people in the forum that much either.
GameplayDevUFC worked on UFC4. He wasnt involved throughout the full development cycle but he was involved.

The answer is simple. The feedback they received about 3 was that aspects of the game were too difficult and cumbersome to pick up and play so they went with a different approach. While THIS community may hate the changes that were made, EA was likely happy given that UFC 4 sold better than UFC 3.

As much as we may want a hyper realistic game, that is never going to be the direction of the series and the fact that UFC 4 sold more means that EA will likely stay the course.
Old 07-18-2022, 07:12 PM   #4
Rookie

https://www.polygon.com/2020/7/11/21...r-ps4-xbox-one

Here's an article that pretty much explains why and how they took they arcadey road. Simpler clinch with no mechanics and undeniable transitions , easier subs , generous stamina. I am pretty sure GPD never liked any of this, but he justified Brian Hayes by saying that he is getting paid to make that decision, a game that attracts the most players it can.
Old 07-18-2022, 09:01 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosP
https://www.polygon.com/2020/7/11/21...r-ps4-xbox-one

Here's an article that pretty much explains why and how they took they arcadey road. Simpler clinch with no mechanics and undeniable transitions , easier subs , generous stamina. I am pretty sure GPD never liked any of this, but he justified Brian Hayes by saying that he is getting paid to make that decision, a game that attracts the most players it can.

Yep. I think if it was GPD's call they wouldve leaned toward making it more of a mix between sim and arcade but the direction of the game wasnt his call.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2022, 10:50 AM   #6
Pro

There are plenty of things to critique about the current clinch and (especially the) GNP system but let's not act like the previous systems were anywhere near 'realistic', 'sim' or even all that enjoyable. They were amongst the most frequent complaints UFC 2 and 3 received on this forum.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:17 AM   #7
Rookie

This game is no longer interesting
I saw WWE 2K22 and it's really a video game.
It has entertainment and a lot of animation
It's got a lot of entertainment, and a lot of gameplay.

If it's an MMA game
It could be like ufc undisputed 3
and have more modes and gameplay
It would be perfect for more

UFC 5 they have to come up with something that smells good
otherwise it would still be boring
The most basic necessity
Everything has to be the same as TV
and all the equipment provided by the UFC, the lights, the time countdown etc.

I've been thinking about khabib vs mcgregor
If it turns out to be a game story mode
It would be interesting, even though we all know the story.

Last edited by martialxd; 07-21-2022 at 08:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »