Home

Potential DLC Today (May 4)

This is a discussion on Potential DLC Today (May 4) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2023, 12:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Potential DLC Today (May 4)

It's a PPV Fight Week Thursday, the day they'd usually schedule a DLC drop if they are inclined to do so.

My short list:
-Dricus Du Plessis
- Brandon Royval
-Arman Tsarukyan
-Ilia Topuria
-Jalton Almeida
-Erin Blanchfield

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2023, 01:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Potential DLC Today (May 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
It's a PPV Fight Week Thursday, the day they'd usually schedule a DLC drop if they are inclined to do so.

My short list:
-Dricus Du Plessis
- Brandon Royval
-Arman Tsarukyan
-Ilia Topuria
-Jalton Almeida
-Erin Blanchfield

Looks like we got 2 off your list.

Arman Tsarukyan & Ilia Topuria
Old 05-04-2023, 05:20 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleBrew
Looks like we got 2 off your list.

Arman Tsarukyan & Ilia Topuria
I'm hoping they give Topuria some pants soon though.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:48 AM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I’m surprised they are still adding fighters this long after release
Old 05-06-2023, 04:29 AM   #5
Rookie

This game has been on the market for almost three years now, and I've played it so much that I'm extremely tired of it. Watching the same animations happen over and over again, I don't know how you can be excited about the new warriors. Because they are just a cosmetic appearance, there are no new changes in the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2023, 07:13 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialxd
This game has been on the market for almost three years now, and I've played it so much that I'm extremely tired of it. Watching the same animations happen over and over again, I don't know how you can be excited about the new warriors. Because they are just a cosmetic appearance, there are no new changes in the gameplay.
When I get tired of the game, I go do something else until I miss it enough to play again. And if I play it and find I still don't miss it enough to enjoy, I repeat the cycle.

Plus I've created a universe mode using a spreadsheet which helps combat this problem, because it's not about the animations for me, it's about who fights who next as I try to create fun storylines and give the fights context.

A universe/matchmaker mode is exactly what other sports video games have that help combat the problem you're experiencing. They give you other things to think about like, why is this person fighting that person on the card in that city and how will this impact future fights? What happens if someone gets hurt? How much money did the event generate? How many events and how many fights per event do I have to put on to satisfy TV contacts?

These constant variables and scenarios keep the game fresh for me.

Basically I try to understand that I'm responsible for my own happiness and use my imagination to have fun, or go find something else to do that brings me happiness if I'm not enjoying the optional recreation activities I'm indulging.

Old 05-08-2023, 10:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Make a new game already or add some new features and patch some newness already. There is no one you add to this game that will excite me as much as making my own player and going through the same career mode.
Old 05-09-2023, 06:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
When I get tired of the game, I go do something else until I miss it enough to play again. And if I play it and find I still don't miss it enough to enjoy, I repeat the cycle.

Plus I've created a universe mode using a spreadsheet which helps combat this problem, because it's not about the animations for me, it's about who fights who next as I try to create fun storylines and give the fights context.

A universe/matchmaker mode is exactly what other sports video games have that help combat the problem you're experiencing. They give you other things to think about like, why is this person fighting that person on the card in that city and how will this impact future fights? What happens if someone gets hurt? How much money did the event generate? How many events and how many fights per event do I have to put on to satisfy TV contacts?

These constant variables and scenarios keep the game fresh for me.

Basically I try to understand that I'm responsible for my own happiness and use my imagination to have fun, or go find something else to do that brings me happiness if I'm not enjoying the optional recreation activities I'm indulging.

This game would be much better if the developers had the same passion about it that you do

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »