Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2023, 05:09 PM   #49
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This couldnt be more wrong. I swear you were one of the guys predicting disatrous sales for UFC 4 and then it sold more at launch than the previous 3.

There comes a point when people here need to accept that while the game does not appeal to OSers, it appeals to a large amount of consumers who will happily drop 60-70 bucks to play it.

I definitely acknowledge this to be true on some level but check this - https://old.reddit.com/r/MMA/comment...play_features/

Reddit MMA community (not even a gaming community) also generally doesn't like the look of the game. I see the same on twitter too. It's EA and it's the UFC game though so it will sell. But it could definitely do a hell of a lot better than it currently is. Not to mention the playerbase probably won't be very big as usual.

I think the game will probably sell roughly as well as the last one. I guess if that's good enough for EA then they don't mind making tons of people unhappy and dissatisfied with the product. + the playerbase will drop off fast again.
Old 09-16-2023, 05:15 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

i hope they can rework that Ali Model, looks way too big

and i guess we have to except that skating in the stand up

would like to see some KOs now, hopefully more like UFC 2

still excited for it
Old 09-16-2023, 05:16 PM   #51
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti1
I definitely acknowledge this to be true on some level but check this - https://old.reddit.com/r/MMA/comment...play_features/

Reddit MMA community (not even a gaming community) also generally doesn't like the look of the game. I see the same on twitter too. It's EA and it's the UFC game though so it will sell. But it could definitely do a hell of a lot better than it currently is. Not to mention the playerbase probably won't be very big as usual.

I think the game will probably sell roughly as well as the last one. I guess if that's good enough for EA then they don't mind making tons of people unhappy and dissatisfied with the product. + the playerbase will drop off fast again.
I'm old so I could be forgetting things but I swear the reddit comments were similar for 4 too.

Let me explain to people what I mean by "casual". In my mind, a casual fan isnt someone who goes on any social media site to discuss a game whether its OS or Reddit. For example, I'm a casual non-sports fighting game fan. I didnt go to Reddit or a fighting game forum to see what they liked before buying the last Street Fighter or the newest Mortal Kombat. I saw a commercial and a trailer.....thought it looked cool and bought it. I have no idea what the meta is or what the community thinks of those games.

One last thing: The player base thing has always been a online community complaint that has never seemed to resonate with EA. They seem to be focused on sales. Revenue generated from this title primarily comes from actual sales of the game not how many people are still playing the game 7 mos after releas.e
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 05:17 PM   #52
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_centa_fielda
Can't wait for this to drop. Best striking I've seen in a combat sports game. I had a feeling after watching that people in the comments were going to be disappointed for one reason or another. Some of y'all are insatiable lol.

Definitely a day one for me. The damage looks amazing!
not trying to single you out here but these are the people buying these games mindlessly. striking has barely changed since UFC 3 lol.

EA has a monopoly over gaming the same way the UFC has a monopoly over MMA lol

Quote:
I'm old so I could be forgetting things but I swear the reddit comments were similar for 4 too.

Let me explain to people what I mean by "casual". In my mind, a casual fan isnt someone who goes on any social media site to discuss a game whether its OS or Reddit. For example, I'm a casual non-sports fighting game fan. I didnt go to Reddit or a fighting game forum to see what they liked before buying the last Street Fighter or the newest Mortal Kombat. I saw a commercial and a trailer.....thought it looked cool and bought it. I have no idea what the meta is or what the community thinks of those games.

One last thing: The player base thing has always been a online community complaint that has never seemed to resonate with EA. They seem to be focused on sales. Revenue generated from this title primarily comes from actual sales of the game not how many people are still playing the game 7 mos after releas.e
yeah, i don't really disagree with anything you said. EA know how to market. and that title of 'EA Sports UFC' is enough to sell the game to many people by itself.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 09-16-2023 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2023, 05:43 PM   #53
Rookie

Re: Gameplay trailer?

Quote:
I can talk about gameplay a little. I cant talk about presentation until they drop a trailer discussing it. Just know its the thing I have been complaining about the most.
Can you share anything about the clinch? That has to be the most worrying for me. It is easily one of the most abusable mechanics in UFC 4.

Presentation so far seems promising to me. Looks like they actually changed stuff this time. You can see cameramen, and security in the octagon and some unique entrances.
Old 09-16-2023, 05:47 PM   #54
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Gameplay trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosP
Can you share anything about the clinch? That has to be the most worrying for me. It is easily one of the most abusable mechanics in UFC 4.

Presentation so far seems promising to me. Looks like they actually changed stuff this time. You can see cameramen, and security in the octagon and some unique entrances.
I dont know if I'm the right one to talk about the clinch because I dont use it much and I dont play online so I dont know if its abusable.

There are aspects that I LOVE about presentation. There are aspects that I absolutely HAAAAAAATE about the presentation. With that said, some of us may care about what I hate and some of you may not care at all. We will see.
Old 09-16-2023, 05:54 PM   #55
MVP

i really enjoy the striking since ufc 3... my problem is with the extra speed of the combos, stamina and distante that a strike cover...

now the ground based onde deny really sucks and doesnt represent mma at all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 05:59 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab541
The flowing submissons look good although some of the speed on some transtions needs to be faster, the damage looks good and the cinematic replays looks decent. However like someone said, those replays look like CG rendering of the moment, not based on whats actually going on in game. Also why are those cinematic replays going all dark in the background? Looks really strange, the way it was in UD3 was in the replay area is still the best. Ref interactions also looks very good as well, actually look better than UD3 which is like one of the small few areas where they have surpassed them.

The striking though.... Anyone with two eyes should know that looks horrible and completely unchanged from EA UFC 4. The movements and striking looks so forced, robotic and stiff. I dont understand how the devs could spend 3 years looking at that any accepting that thats perfectly fine. Its like the characters are pulling their punches and its not free flowing, you should be able to have someone miss on a strike and them going unbalanced if they overcommit thus automatically giving real counterstriking opportunities, EA just dont understand this at all and probably never will. This striking looks god awful honestly and the magentic element to it makes it 10 times worse.

I never purchased EA UFC 4, never wanted to even once play that pile of hot trash and even though 5 looks marginally better, its still pathetic this was the effort of 3 years also being on new gen hardware exclusively. As someone who loved the UD series this **** is depressing that EA have all these extended contract rights.

This realistically is EA UFC 4.5, not EA UFC 5. I respect the steps forward in some areas, but its really just not on for this amount of development time IMO, infact its quite mind boggling tbh.
the last game was ufc 4 beta the upcoming is ufc 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »