Home

UFC 5 closed beta

This is a discussion on UFC 5 closed beta within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2023, 11:23 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 5 closed beta

so sad. this community is almost dead. i'm been here for 7 years but i've never been so quiet before the game is released. Good job EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2023, 11:40 AM   #42
Rookie

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think the game feels really good. I think it's solid.

Not sure why my experience is so different, but the input lag I experienced in UFC 3 and 4 is almost entirely gone for me in UFC 5. It has never felt more responsive and crisp.

Striking is superior to any other MMA game ever released (though it certainly has flaws).

Grappling is also flawed, but it feels way more responsive and fluid compared to the past couple of EA titles. The new sub system is also way better than anything we've ever had in an MMA game before this.

Ground and pound feels way better than UFC 4, though I'm still not a fan of the entire system. It feels unnatural and still a little clunky. Makes no sense that a defender can slip one elbow and end up in full mount on top. At the same time, defender options are way too limited - they should be able to transition/pull you down. Auto pull-down sucks.

Visuals are fantastic (aside from some glitches with the camera, which I'm sure will be fixed).

My biggest issue with it at the moment is stamina. Even with CAFs that have terrible cardio stats, I can throw hundreds of strikes per round and still have over half my total stamina bar at the end of a 3 round fight.

If you try playing offline with the challenges in the fight week mode, you'll notice that those matches are set to the simulation game mode. I think it feels really good there.

Overall, is it similar to UFC 4? Sure. But it's no more similar to UFC 4 than UFC 4 was to UFC 3. I think there are way more differences in this iteration than in the last. It's not perfect, and it's not everything I want, but it's a step up, and I can see myself having a lot of fun with it.
Old 09-22-2023, 01:20 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragreynolds
I'm probably in the minority here, but I think the game feels really good. I think it's solid.

Not sure why my experience is so different, but the input lag I experienced in UFC 3 and 4 is almost entirely gone for me in UFC 5. It has never felt more responsive and crisp.

Striking is superior to any other MMA game ever released (though it certainly has flaws).

Grappling is also flawed, but it feels way more responsive and fluid compared to the past couple of EA titles. The new sub system is also way better than anything we've ever had in an MMA game before this.

Ground and pound feels way better than UFC 4, though I'm still not a fan of the entire system. It feels unnatural and still a little clunky. Makes no sense that a defender can slip one elbow and end up in full mount on top. At the same time, defender options are way too limited - they should be able to transition/pull you down. Auto pull-down sucks.

Visuals are fantastic (aside from some glitches with the camera, which I'm sure will be fixed).

My biggest issue with it at the moment is stamina. Even with CAFs that have terrible cardio stats, I can throw hundreds of strikes per round and still have over half my total stamina bar at the end of a 3 round fight.

If you try playing offline with the challenges in the fight week mode, you'll notice that those matches are set to the simulation game mode. I think it feels really good there.

Overall, is it similar to UFC 4? Sure. But it's no more similar to UFC 4 than UFC 4 was to UFC 3. I think there are way more differences in this iteration than in the last. It's not perfect, and it's not everything I want, but it's a step up, and I can see myself having a lot of fun with it.
All I'll say is that I wish they would open the beta, so we could share more of our positive experiences.
Old 09-22-2023, 02:31 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:

Regarding the stamina issue. Is that on sim-mode? Online? I dont have the beta.
Old 09-22-2023, 03:55 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel8pig
Regarding the stamina issue. Is that on sim-mode? Online? I dont have the beta.
I haven't played much of the sim mode because it's locked behind offline challenges that you can't play over and over again. All the online modes do not use sim mode.

Online in quick match with roster fighters, stamina is insane. It barely drains at all. In online career with CAFs, it's a bit better, but that's literally only because most CAFs have bad cardio stats until upgraded.

I'm currently using a CAF with 2.5 star rated cardio, and I can still throw over 100 strikes every round and have a little more than half my stamina left at the end of a 3 round fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2023, 04:21 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
I haven't played much of the sim mode because it's locked behind offline challenges that you can't play over and over again. All the online modes do not use sim mode.

Online in quick match with roster fighters, stamina is insane. It barely drains at all. In online career with CAFs, it's a bit better, but that's literally only because most CAFs have bad cardio stats until upgraded.

I'm currently using a CAF with 2.5 star rated cardio, and I can still throw over 100 strikes every round and have a little more than half my stamina left at the end of a 3 round fight.
Some things never change huh…
Old 09-22-2023, 07:07 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:

That kinda makes no sense then, werent they talking about in a QnA about "you dont want to get hit this year" but yet allow you to throw 500 punches in a 3 round fight? I feel like online should be set to auto sim im not sure why its not, if you want to play arcade stamina settings in like KO mode or something u can, but sim should be auto for online for sure
Old 09-22-2023, 08:06 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
That kinda makes no sense then, werent they talking about in a QnA about "you dont want to get hit this year" but yet allow you to throw 500 punches in a 3 round fight? I feel like online should be set to auto sim im not sure why its not, if you want to play arcade stamina settings in like KO mode or something u can, but sim should be auto for online for sure
You don't wanna get hit because if you get cut or have your eyes swell up, it's downhill from there... that is unless you change your gameplan and fight smart. I really wanna talk about the beta because I'm loving it, but I'm obviously not cuz I don't wanna get in trouble. I'm just gonna say wait till you play the game, it's just a different experience. Much more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »