Home

UFC 5 closed beta

This is a discussion on UFC 5 closed beta within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2023, 01:28 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 5 closed beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
they didn't touch the knockdown system. there's still too many kd and get up instantly over and over. never changed. do they think it is good? smh.. i'm out.
Tbh I think I got like 4 knockdowns in one fight max. I had a fight that had no knockdowns and a flash KO. I don't think people realize just how much of an impact damage has now. They didn't lie about that, you literally have to fight smart now. Will you occasionally have people trying to break your block? Sure, but you now have access to better defensive tools, and more responsive movement overrall. Gameplans matter now, for ex you break your nose, now you have to come up with a strategy to protect yourself from further damage. It's no joke, I can only imagine how sim mode is gonna be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2023, 08:52 AM   #66
Pro

Did my post get deleted? Why? People have deconstructed the beta on Discord and told all about everything. Why restrict it here?

Anyhow, to recap without spoilers: it's almost exactly like eaufc4. Just ported to a new engine, allowing for cuts. It's the impression i had of the gameplay video, which proved to be true, because of course it is, as you're just pushing the buttons yourself.

As for ppl thinking "it's a beta, they'll rehaul the system entirely upon release". Lol, just lol.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:33 AM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
Did my post get deleted? Why? People have deconstructed the beta on Discord and told all about everything. Why restrict it here?

Anyhow, to recap without spoilers: it's almost exactly like eaufc4. Just ported to a new engine, allowing for cuts. It's the impression i had of the gameplay video, which proved to be true, because of course it is, as you're just pushing the buttons yourself.

As for ppl thinking "it's a beta, they'll rehaul the system entirely upon release". Lol, just lol.
Nobody is saying they'll rehaul the system.

But it is a beta. We've mainstreamed beta testing and I just find that funny.

At one point dev teams in tech kept beta tests under wraps, but in today's video game world it's treated like it's part of the marketing rollout.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2023, 10:11 AM   #68
Rookie

RikGra80's Arena

Iím glad ufc 4 is getting an update, long over due
Old 09-24-2023, 10:22 AM   #69
Pro

Y'all are just gonna have to wait to play this game at launch fr. I'm tired of all the negative feedback this game is getting. I played the beta, and loved it. Had some epic fights with some friends of mine, which are pretty hardcore MMA fans and they said this is the most fun they've had since the UFC 3 beta and UD3 era. Literally felt like the most realistic MMA game I've played to date, and this wasn't even on sim mode and it was around 4 builds old. Y'all can take my word for it or not, at this point I really don't care. If you buy the game great, if you don't well then that's your choice. But stop slandering the game if you haven't even played it. It FEELS different, it PLAYS different, and it LOOKS different. If you think this game looks like UFC 4 you're gonna have to either get your eyes checked, wait for the presentation reveal, or get yourself a better TV. Can't take this negativity y'all are giving it fr, I'm out. Hope y'all enjoy the game if you decide to get it, deuces.

Last edited by Stealthhh; 09-24-2023 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-24-2023, 06:09 PM   #70
Pro

I think the big question is what is their objective for the ufc game. I played the beta and love the offline simulation more on normal/hard difficulty. Legendary was not fun at all, cpu threw too many strikes Similar toy online matches.

Are they catering to the offline crowd who make their own universe offline via excel (assuming it’s excel that’s what I use lol) and create fighters to flush out their rankings (like I do). Or are they catering to the online play to make a game that will make online fighting good for those who ply competitively.

My problem with the later is that the changes made To help those players will affect the “offline” crowd. I am in the crowd who creates a universe via excel but I play online with my brother for each event/fight. The way the simulation mode seems to work (I can’t confirm if it’s offline if not) seems perfect for me. But id love to know if those settings, or if the sliders, can be used for online head to head (which is the primary way my brother and I play out universe mode)
Old 09-25-2023, 07:50 AM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
Y'all are just gonna have to wait to play this game at launch fr. I'm tired of all the negative feedback this game is getting. I played the beta, and loved it. Had some epic fights with some friends of mine, which are pretty hardcore MMA fans and they said this is the most fun they've had since the UFC 3 beta and UD3 era. Literally felt like the most realistic MMA game I've played to date, and this wasn't even on sim mode and it was around 4 builds old. Y'all can take my word for it or not, at this point I really don't care. If you buy the game great, if you don't well then that's your choice. But stop slandering the game if you haven't even played it. It FEELS different, it PLAYS different, and it LOOKS different. If you think this game looks like UFC 4 you're gonna have to either get your eyes checked, wait for the presentation reveal, or get yourself a better TV. Can't take this negativity y'all are giving it fr, I'm out. Hope y'all enjoy the game if you decide to get it, deuces.
this is all EA fault and people don't need to praize a delayed hotfix. the changes are minimals and almost all of them are fixing the EA UFC 4 mess, responssivenes, gnp, footwork werent new features, they are just fixes...

And don't get me wrong it can feel a new game and also a fun game game... but this isn't a new game at all, its just the official ufc 4 game, cyberpunk did The same with this month new patch... the difference is that Ea also charged for the oficial ufc 4 game instead of just patch

Last edited by bmlimo; 09-25-2023 at 08:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2023, 07:53 PM   #72
Rookie

Anyone know if you can turn off the health bar and icons like previous ea UFC games. I prefer to play with no health bar or icons showing. I know not a ton of info is out there just wondering.

Last edited by Dleezy51; 09-26-2023 at 08:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »