Home

First Female Fighters Revealed For EA Sports UFC - Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate

This is a discussion on First Female Fighters Revealed For EA Sports UFC - Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
First Female Fighters Revealed For EA Sports UFC - Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate

Female Fighters Join EA SPORTS UFC Roster; Mark First Ever Appearance in a UFC Video Game

The Ultimate Fighter Coaches Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate First Female Fighters Revealed

Electronic Arts Inc. today announced that EA SPORTS™ UFC will feature playable female fighters for the first time ever in a UFC videogame. This groundbreaking moment is headlined by UFC Women's Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and top bantamweight contender Miesha Tate, the historic inaugural female coaches on the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter.

Starting next Spring, players will "Feel the Fight" in the Octagon™ and experience the crippling power of Rousey's signature armbar, the ferocious intensity of Tate's grappling, and many other fighting styles from an esteemed roster of female fighters in EA SPORTS UFC.

"This is a great moment for videogames and for Mixed Martial Arts," said Dean Richards, General Manager, EA SPORTS UFC. "In our commitment to delivering the most realistic fighting experience ever achieved, we wanted to represent the full spectrum of talent and diversity of all the fighters in the sport, including women who have become an undeniable force to be reckoned with."

"Since we added the Women's Bantamweight division earlier this year, the women have impressed everyone," said Dana White, UFC President. "The fights are always exciting, Ronda Rousey is as talented as any champion in the UFC and her rivalry with Miesha Tate is one of the most intense in UFC history. The female division has become a huge part of the UFC and fans will now be able to experience fighting with them in the game."

Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE technology, EA SPORTS UFC brings the action, emotion and intensity inside the Octagon to life in ways that were never before possible. The next-generation of True Player Motion not only showcases the diverse, powerful and fluid attacks of elite mixed martial artists through Precision Movement, Dynamic Striking and Strategic Submission Battles, but also brings the combatants to life with Full Body Deformation and Real-Time Exertion. The simulation of Human Intelligence takes leaps forward with the strategic and adaptive MMAi system and is expressed through the most realistic characters ever created in a sports game.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: EA UFC: Female Fighters confirmed in the game!

As long as it doesn't take away from the other people I'm fine. But seriously, it doesn't make sense to me making them in the game when there is only like 5 people in the women's division right now anyway. Not a surprise though, since Dana loves Ronda.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
As long as it doesn't take away from the other people I'm fine. But seriously, it doesn't make sense to me making them in the game when there is only like 5 people in the women's division right now anyway. Not a surprise though, since Dana loves Ronda.
Cant have a UFC game without all of the divisions. Also there are 14 fighters in the women's bantamweight and 17 in Flyweight. I'd argue that more people care about the fighters in WB than in Fly right now.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:51 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Dana loves money and right now anything with Rousey on it will make money. I wouldn't be surprised if she is on the cover somewhere.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-04-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
I don't think they would leave out a champion. Especially a champion who is one of their more marketable fighters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
I am not a huge fan of women fights being the headliner but one thing I will say about woman fighters I have seen is that they are a hell of a lot more active than some of the male fights. They don't have a lot of power but their fights are entertaining to say the least and they got skills so I am all for them.

As for the game, it'd be a mistake not to put in the woman possibly open it up to a new audience.

Hopefully they allow for cross gender fights. I'll create a PPV UFC 178 : Domestic (Valazquez - Rousey)
Old 09-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #7
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: First Female Fighters Revealed For EA Sports UFC - Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate

No cross fighting. Unless there really is a PC version (they still haven't said anything) in which case I'm sure it'll be done in mod format. They didn't mention if there's female create-a-fighter though. A nice step anyway. Don't think there's been a female in a UFC game since the original on Dreamcast. Which did allow cross fighting since it was only the playable ring card girl.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #8
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: First Female Fighters Revealed For EA Sports UFC - Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Don't think there's been a female in a UFC game since the original on Dreamcast. Which did allow cross fighting since it was only the playable ring card girl.
Sudden Impact (PS2, 2004) had a female fighter. Same point on cross-gender fights though; they had them since she was the only female in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »