Home

IDEA for next year's EA UFC game

This is a discussion on IDEA for next year's EA UFC game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
IDEA for next year's EA UFC game

So I've been playing the UFC games since the first one came out (including EA's first MMA title as well). One thing I actually enjoyed in my career mode in UFC was watching some of the other fights on the card. With next gen now in full swing for UFC and the more realistic things are looking and moving it seems I will enjoy watching some of the fights even more now which gave me an idea... Keep in mind this is more for the hardcore sim-heads out there, not for the casual player.

They need a career mode for TRAINERS. Imagine you make yourself as a new up and coming trainer and you are given a couple of pre-made young fighters to start with (with the standard 55-60 OVR stats). You dont make them though, they sign with you. You have just a plain gym with the basic things needed to get your fighters ready. You should be able to chose certain overall strategies for your fighters upcoming fights against said opponent. You don't control them, you watch the match unfold BUT you should be able to bark certain commands to them ringside the same way trainers do in real life. Maybe there's a stat based on how stubborn or receptive they are to your ringside instruction, including things you tell them between rounds, including changing strategy, etc. There's something exciting about not being in full control of your roster of fighters from your gym. Some will rise to the top, others will not. You get a cut of the fight purses to improve your gym, which in turn makes it easier to train your fighters and to get the most out of their potential. As your career as a trainer goes up and down, other fighters ask to join your gym while other fighters might opt to leave after being unsuccessful there for greener pastures.... get big enough as a trainer, and well known UFC fighters might take an interest in joining your gym. Maybe you have jealousy inside of your gym.. etc.. the ideas and possibilities are great with what you could do with a mode like this.

I really wish this would be another type of career mode in future UFC titles... there's just something cool about watching some of the fights, and I think if it's one of your fighters it makes the events that unfold during the match more of a nail biter since all you can do is coach them from the ringside and between rounds come fight night. Do you have what it takes to have the most well respected gym and team in the UFC?? Are you going to be the next Gracie or Greg Jackson?

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: IDEA for next year's EA UFC game

Great idea. If they can pair that with some kind of 'Universe/owner mode' then we could have a complete package for single player.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Great Idea !!!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
Rookie

im the next Bang Ludwig !

dope idea !
Old 06-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #5
Banned

Redskins_Hokies's Arena

They won't have a game next year. They already said that it will not be a yearly release
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »