Home

UFC League program

This is a discussion on UFC League program within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
UFC League program

I created this program that allows you to play out a virtual UFC league. You can use all 8 divisions or just one. I didn't include the women's division since you can't make women cafs.

There is a fighters.txt file where you put all of the fighters in each division that you want to use. You have to follow the formatting that is in the file in order for it to read from the file properly. After you input all of the fighters you want to use, you can start a new league.

Once you start a new league, you will set the initial rankings for everyone. After that, the program will automatically set matchups with #1 ranked fighter vs #2, #3 vs #4 and so on.

You will then go to the first fight card. There is 4 quarters in a year and each quarter will have 4 fight cards if you are using all the divisions, or one fight card if you are using one division. Each fighter can fight once per quarter if they aren't injured.

Once you get to the fight card, it will then randomize pre fight injuries. Fighters can be out for 1 to 4 fights with a pre fight injury. If there are guys in the division that don't have a fight scheduled, they can fill in for the injured fighter. If there are fill in fighters, they will get randomized with a prefight injury also. After everyone has gone through the randomization, you perform the fights.

The program randomly selects a fighter in each matchup and highlights them in yellow. This is the fighter I use, but you can fight as whomever you want of course or even do a cpu vs cpu match. I typically start at the bottom of the fight card and work my way up to the main event.

After each fight, you will select the winner of the fight, rate each fighters performance. I use this to later decide if I want to cut a guy or not. You will also give medical suspensions to the fighters. You can give them a 0, 1 or 2 fight medical suspension. Then select how the winning fighter won and which round.

After all matchups on the fight card are complete, you hit done and update fighters rankings. Only guys who just fought can be moved up and down in the rankings. While you are reranking guys, you have the option to cut a fighter or suggest they retire. If you cut them, they will be removed from the program. If you suggest retirement, there is a 50% chance they will retire. I like this feature because there are times when you think a fighter should retire, but they aren't quite ready yet.

After everyone had been reranked, you will either move onto the next fight card if you are using all divisions, or you will set matchups for the next quarter. For setting matchups, just select two guys and click the make matchup button. You can also add new fighters to the league during this time. Once you have made all the matchups you wanted in a division, move onto the next division. Once all matchups are made, you will go to the first fight card of the next quarter. At this point, everything just repeats for as long as you want to play your sim UFC league.

Here is the link to download it: https://www.sendspace.com/file/ta6dhp

I hope you guys enjoy this, I spent a lot of time working on it. Feel free to leave me feedback or suggestions, thanks.

Last edited by andyo1980; 07-20-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Rookie

stevieaces's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: UFC League program

You could use sendspace to host the file. Id be willing to check it out for sure.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
Rookie

I uploaded it to sendspace, here is the link

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ta6dhp

Last edited by andyo1980; 07-20-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #4
Rookie

stevieaces's Arena

So far its been crash city for me. I got as far as start league, got to the Heavyweight Rankings and thats as far as it lets me progress. Im on Windows 7 64 bit.

*Edit* I was able to mess around with the program a bit by just choosing an individual weight class when starting a new league. My problem still remains when you start a new league and choose "All".

All in all, it seems to be functioning alright other than that issue. Good Job Man!

Last edited by stevieaces; 07-20-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Your right. Pick just one division instead of all while I fix the bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Luckily it was an easy fix. I uploaded the new file, hopefully everything is good now. https://www.sendspace.com/file/ta6dhp
Old 07-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #7
Rookie

stevieaces's Arena

Works as intended now. I'll be able to play around a little bit more with it tomorrow as Im sure I'll have a few questions.

1 question off the top of my head is, how to add fighters and is there a limit?

Thanks for the time doing this! It sure beats pen and paper lol
Old 07-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #8
Rookie

After you get through all the fight cards of the quarter which is one for one division and 4 for all divisions, you'll set the matchups for the next quarter. On that screen there is an add fighter button where you can add as many as you want. There shouldn't be a max, I've done 16 with no problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »