Home

Official UFC 2 Career Discussion

This is a discussion on Official UFC 2 Career Discussion within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2016, 08:29 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: UFC 2: Odd Career experiences

I believe my career ended at 20-4 or 20-3 actually. So if you are better at defending yourself you will get a longer career but even in fights where you take little to no damage your career damage will still go up some.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:22 AM   #34
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: UFC 2: Odd Career experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
I only just got the game yesterday... and I blasted through an entire career in a night. There definitely seems to be "forced" career damage again like in the first EA UFC. The vast majority of my fights were me mowing down my opponent in under 30 seconds and my best was 10 seconds. Yet somehow... my career damage seems to be going up disproportionately.

Sure, they added "fans" to extend your longevity, but I have my doubts how much difference they actually make. I don't think I'm going to be interested in UFC2 for long enough for me to look closely at career damage like I did in UFC1... but if anyone wants to send me screenshots of career damage (and fight statistics) after each fight so I can put together a graph like I did for UFC1, feel free. If you want to do something similar, feel free as well.

Graphs, stats, etc. for EA UFC 1 below.

http://www.biatch0.net/2014/07/28/ufc-career-damage/

I'm just mainly annoyed that being ridiculously defensive, focusing on not getting hit, and still mowing down the opponent in under 30 seconds hasn't resulted in a "longer" career.

I was "forced" to retire at 31-0. Has everyone else ended at 31 fights as well (on adaptive AI difficulty)?

I kind of expected career mode to be the same as UFC 1, but I was really hoping that this career damage nonsense would have been fixed. I'll probably be selling the game in a week or so at this rate.
My career ended at 30 fights on the dot.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:45 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official UFC 2 Career Discussion

Yeah I hate to be "that" guy but as an offline gamer....... I'm SO disappointed. Career mode is awful and so bare-bones this year. They really need to try and take a page out of 2K's book for modes like this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 04:08 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
Yeah I hate to be "that" guy but as an offline gamer....... I'm SO disappointed. Career mode is awful and so bare-bones this year. They really need to try and take a page out of 2K's book for modes like this
I think there are plenty of us around here that share the same feeling.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:13 PM   #37
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

I found the career on pro to be pretty easy. I did it just to unlock old Tyson. The mode isn't that bad, but lacks a lot of depth it needs. Career Mode should be about a career. Interviews, press conferences, etc. I did like some of it. The training modes were annoying though to get it to an A. Some I just simulated or played on medium to still get a better score. I didn't mix up my training enough probably to max out my athleticism stats. Really think these should have been separate training modes as well. Riding a stationary bike or something for stamina. Just something. I didn't feel like it immersed you in the career enough. Which is a very bad thing for this mode.

They had it right with stats being determined by your fights last game. They just could have improved upon that by making you do certain things during the fight to unlock the categories you could allocate your points to. The best career aspect they had in any career I've seen so far was the stats being determined by your fights. That is how roster fighters' stats are determined. Not from their training, but from their fights. That is how it should be. Don't fix what isn't broken. Just tweak it a little. The training games should have been for your athleticism stats.

The annoying clips were gone thank God. However, it felt almost like there was no interaction.

Thank God for Ultimate Team. That mode saved it I think. Unfortunately, I still don't think EA has an idea of who their main player base is. I know they have to budget, and add things as they can so they can make room for other modes, but career mode is supposed to be THE offline mode to play. Hopefully next time.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:12 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

At the end of a career can you become a HOF? If so where do I check that out at?
Old 04-02-2016, 01:03 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

How do you win these Fight Night awards?I'm getting subs or KO's in the first round consistently and won it one time.

It's ridiculous how I'm forced to retire after beating Lawler for the belt who's 7 years older than me. THe age of your fighter should factor in as well.

When I retired, Big Nog was the heavyweight champ, what does that say!?!??!
Old 04-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #40
Rookie

Been looking for a topic like this to voice my disapproval of career mode. Posted this in EA fourums but there's no customer service there for career mode and not much for offline in general, hopefully I can find some here

So I have a carrer with Miesha Tate and Ronda is like 15-10 lmao why? All top the fighters fight super often and lose a lot of their fights, saw Alexis Davis on a UFC FN under card fight get Ko'd first round by a generic fighter.

Speaking of generic fighters, why are there so many Judo fighters? Other than Jessica Penne and Ronda I don't know if there are 10 Judo fighters that are active in the UFC yet 30% of the ultimate fighter are Judo them like 100 throughout the carrer mode.

Also the generic fighters are either white, Asian or Coffee Table black. Lmao * annoying.

Also I have a carrer mode with Joanna Jedrzejczyk who's the best Muay Thai fighter in mma but she's listed as boxer and has a boxer stance and stats, yet she has her own pre and post fight animations...... Priorities EA... Priorities.

Oh and the little "You stayed up all night watching podcast, you lose a training session" messages belong in a low budget computer game, not the only next gen MMA game out right now. Just lazy. And why are there so many 100 rated ground, stand up, clinch, and overall fighters late in the career but none on the roster?

Honestly tho, If they can add smaller leagues like Strikeforce, WEC, Invicta, Bellatore, but mask the names if they can't get the rights, I would be fine. That would be a huge step in the right direction. Maybe fight about 5 fights there and get into the Ultimate fighter or climb through them until you get a shot at the UFC if you're not shredding through the one you start at. Anything but being forced to enter the Ultimate fighter (0-0) (I only know of 2 fighters in TUF history that started 0-0) Then being ranked like 50 fresh off winning the tournament... Thats so stupid to me. Especially in the very young straw weight division, If you win the ultimate fighter there, you should be fighting contenders immediately.

Also the ability to view the other fight cards and watch the fights on your card and maybe even all of them would be nice. I wanna know what 10 girls beat ronda in her last 12 fights and I would love to be able to watch it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »