Home

Let's Talk About Future CAF Improvements

This is a discussion on Let's Talk About Future CAF Improvements within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2016, 02:56 AM   #17
EA Sports UFC Developer

OVR: 0
Re: Let's Talk About Future CAF Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinklime
It was simply engineered in a way that used to much data that it was impossible to load in a set amount of time. Had they engineered it with less data, as is a requirement with most other games, they would have been able to fit more CAFs. Unfortunately they decided for the massive data route. I don't know if they were aware of the consequences.
Gotta admit, your assumptions amuse, baffle, and frustrate me quite often... it's not like we're unnecessarily packing a bunch of needless data into the CAFs to make them fatter, and thereby steal slots from you. That data is going into high detail body customizations, tatoos, settings, many things.

If you want more slots at the expense of CAF quality...well...sadly that is not the option we have made available.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:14 AM   #18
Banned

Definitely a bigger name database. Maybe a body morphing tool, I think the WWE games used to have that, where you can shape the fighter how you want them to look. For instance, if you wanted to create Brock Lesnar this year you couldn't really come close since there's no body for him.

For what they have this year, everything looks great, and you can make some good CAF's in my opinion, the amount of tattoos and ways to morph the tattoos is awesome. But could definitely use more in the way of hairstyles, hair colors, or more options on gear and non-fighting stuff like entrances, celebrations, etc.. Could even be simple stuff like I don't want my fighter wearing a shirt when the winner is announced, or something like that. Just ways to set your guys/girls apart.

Customization is the key to an awesome sports game, in my opinion.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:30 AM   #19
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw
I really hope they add more short haircuts. Like These

It would be cool to have the ability to edit hair length as well
Yup I want that mike tyson haircut.

Also that beard of woodley.

Last edited by GUCCI; 05-13-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #20
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

We also should be able to change skin tone after game face.

And maybe add more skin tones in the game.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #21
Banned

drinklime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Gotta admit, your assumptions amuse, baffle, and frustrate me quite often... it's not like we're unnecessarily packing a bunch of needless data into the CAFs to make them fatter, and thereby steal slots from you. That data is going into high detail body customizations, tatoos, settings, many things.

If you want more slots at the expense of CAF quality...well...sadly that is not the option we have made available.
You said yourself that you have ideas to optimize the data storage, meaning there is room for improvement, meaning that route was not chosen originally. I never said you were packing a bunch of needless data, I said that you chose more data over more CAF slots. Now you have changed your priority to more CAF slots. Not sure what the problem is here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 08:11 PM   #22
Rookie

Height differences can't get even bigger, for God's sake.

In reality we have different Pro's/Con's to being taller or shorter. In the game the taller fighters get all the benefits and the shorter fighters get only the negatives.

Unless they improve the benefits and disadvantages in the differences they might as well scrap being able to adjust height all together since 9/10 players only pick the max height so as they can take advantage of the wonky hit detection system.

If they are going to make it so i can't even adjust the height of my UT fighter to get on the level of everyone else then they just need to get rid of the option. At least let people change it one time so as they aren't at a permanent disadvantage. I have money invested into my UT fighter so i can't just go delete him. why can't i at least purchase a height and reach adjustment?
Old 05-13-2016, 08:15 PM   #23
Rookie

Oh, and can we PLEASE get matching BLONDE HAIR COLOR? Seriously, every game i play that has a character creator has either a blonde hair that doesn't have a match for facial and/or eyebrow colors.

Do the dev's think "Yellow is yellow, it's all the same. Big Bird is the same color as Bleach blonde..."?

Easiest fix in the world, but seems standard practice on 9/10 games to not color match correctly. Is is really that hard?
Old 05-13-2016, 11:43 PM   #24
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

We really really need more hair/ facial hair styles!

I also love the idea of separate side burn, mustache, and beard layers to the facial hair.

Other than that, the big one that comes to mind is choosing stances.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »