Home

Submission of the Week

This is a discussion on Submission of the Week within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2017, 07:12 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Submission of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazeM8
To anyone wanting realistic gameplay: look away. The striking in this is near enough to Tekken as it can get.

Anyways, a bit of backstory:

Me and a friend, Hobzaaa, were going into the final round at 2-2. We both wanted this round as we wanted to keep our records in check. The end result...is this.

He was 1250-49 going into this, and I gave him his 50th loss. Nothing technical about this, but it was just a straight up war into that armbar.

Likewise, I'm trying to think up some ideas where I can pull off some nice transitions into a submission. Once I do, I'll submit it here. For now, deal with my competitive junk. :P
Don't know why, but Hobz is always an a-hole to me. He fake glove touched me the first 2 times I fought him and he runs around taunting all the time. I can't beat him so usually I just quit now whenever I see his name pop up -_-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #82
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
My god that video was beyond cringe worthy.

Fights like that, with goofy cafs like that, with absurd speed and stats like that, with insane goofy striking like that, make this game look soooo soooo bad..........
I did give a disclaimer. Buakaw isn't really that goofy though.

And Bananas, he never usually touches gloves with people unless he knows the person. I am just the fortunate soul haha.
#3 UT Player (PS4)
95%+ Win Record Overall

#14 - LEC 205
#7 - LEC 203
#3 - LEC 214

But, I'm still selling wolf tickets.

Last edited by JustBlazeM8; 02-05-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:35 PM   #83
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
I did give a disclaimer. Don't know what you expected tbh. Buakaw isn't really that goofy though.

And Bananas, he never usually touches gloves with people unless he knows the person. I am just the fortunate soul haha.
Buakaw is a beast!! No doubt about that.

I've already said it a hundred times, but I just don't understand whats fun/funny/cool about making a green skinned, smooshed in face, purple haired, 6'4 Lightweight fighter named "Cream Cheese", in a sports simulation martial arts game....

My brain just does not comprehend.

The striking in these high level fights just shows how much is wrong with this game though. I have fun, realistic fights all the time, but I just wouldn't enjoy throwing crazy goofy combos like that, even if I was good at it. Nothing about that looks or feels anything like MMA, which is what i'm trying to play, an MMA game. There's plenty of other fighters to play if you just wanna be the best at throwing huge crazy combos, but leave it out of my MMA games please.

You're still an animal though, im not taking that away from you, or the dude your fighting against.

I just don't get it.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-06-2017, 05:59 AM   #84
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

Quote:

I've already said it a hundred times, but I just don't understand whats fun/funny/cool about making a green skinned, smooshed in face, purple haired, 6'4 Lightweight fighter named "Cream Cheese", in a sports simulation martial arts game....

The striking in these high level fights just shows how much is wrong with this game though. I have fun, realistic fights all the time, but I just wouldn't enjoy throwing crazy goofy combos like that, even if I was good at it. Nothing about that looks or feels anything like MMA, which is what i'm trying to play, an MMA game. There's plenty of other fighters to play if you just wanna be the best at throwing huge crazy combos, but leave it out of my MMA games please.

You're still an animal though, im not taking that away from you, or the dude your fighting against.

I just don't get it.
It's the nature of the game. People want to be good at it, and if people can find ways to get on top of each other to be 'good', then this is probably the end result. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big advocate for realism in MMA games and how it should be implemented in updates and future titles, but I'm a competitive player also. Throwing crazy combos in an MMA arena is just enjoyable to me, but I can see why you don't like it. As you've mentioned previously, there's two groups:

-People who want to game the game
-People who want to play it out realistically

I just happen to lean more towards the former because of my competitive nature.
#3 UT Player (PS4)
95%+ Win Record Overall

#14 - LEC 205
#7 - LEC 203
#3 - LEC 214

Old 02-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #85
Pro

Quote:
I did give a disclaimer. Buakaw isn't really that goofy though.

Not touching gloves is understandable. Faking a glove touch is different though, hate people who do that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2017, 10:11 AM   #86
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Not touching gloves is understandable. Faking a glove touch is different though, hate people who do that
Yeah it's a bit scummy. Makes me want to beat people more :/
#3 UT Player (PS4)
95%+ Win Record Overall

#14 - LEC 205
#7 - LEC 203
#3 - LEC 214

Old 02-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #87
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:

I just don't get it.
I agree 100%!

Everything I highlighted in bold is how I feel and one of the reasons I stopped playing UT after I was ranked in the top 50 in HW. I just lost the fighting edge when playing UT because there were to many ppl with dumb all black cafs or different colors with big heads and monster faces that were all max height with the all the same moves. That kills everything for me when playing.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #88
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I just lost the fighting edge when playing UT because there were to many ppl with dumb all black cafs or different colors with big heads and monster faces that were all max height with the all the same moves. That kills everything for me when playing.
I can understand disdain for max heights and all the same OP moves but everything else doesn't bother me in the least. I mean, it is a game, meant for fun. It gives people an opportunity to be creative and/or silly. You can still play perfectly sim with orange skin, a smooshed face, and a goofy name.

Youtube:Generative James's Games's
Helpful EA UFC 2&3 info with No Commercials!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »