Home

Must haves for the third installment?

This is a discussion on Must haves for the third installment? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2017, 11:37 AM   #1
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Must haves for the third installment?

EA Sports UFC 2 added a lot to the original in ways of advancing the game. What more do they need to add, that you believe is a MUST have?

IMO, takedowns really need some kind of an added struggle. This is so important. This is supposed to be a fight, so we need something to mimic that.

Arm traps off your back that can be used for reversals/positioning. When you arm trap someone, they should have to transition out of that. That means it should be a position. Then give the ability to reverse their momentum to wiggle to a small transition. (Ex: Mount down + arm trapped + pulling out + reversed = half guard down.)

Clinch breaking strikes. Right now you can hold someone in the clinch indefinitely. That needs to be changed. Certain strong strikes need to break the clinch when they land. These will allow more damage, but will keep from being able to spam those strikes unrealistically. How often do you see 4 knees to the head? Blocked or unblocked? Rich Franklin took quite a few, but even Silva had to clinch multiple times. The strikes he did land multiple times within a single clinch were to the body. The head ones needed readjustment, or completely broke.

I'll add more as I can think of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Re: Must haves for the third installment?

- A replay system, where it saves user inputs + lag/delay lag spikes so it can recreate an accurate replay of the game and we can edit the angles and make some awsome clips out of.

- Better Matchmaking and more Matchmaking Options to avoid lagging and allow us to join some sort of party with like 50 people we enjoy playing, so we can wait and fight each other and see the ping/delay with each player etc.

- Little details in the gameplay that could make the game feel less generic and more fluid and realistic. For example having People with long hair doing small moves with their hands to move their hair in the back or having people whipe the blood off their face or whipe the blood/sweat on their body from their hands. When in a grappling position and nobody is moving, there should be some automatic struggles going on, with automatic hand grabbing and head moving etc. instead of just having 2 people sitting on top of another and just breathing. Also when there are long animations, allow us to strike while long get-ups occur or move with the left stick in grappling positions to drag our opponent around etc.

- Take away the power from the trolls. Every multiplayer mode should automatically disable entrances/prolonged cutscenes. Maybe leave a 30 second cutscene at the 2nd round of a 3 round fight as a short break, but dont waste our time on the other rounds and have it depend on the opponent wanting to skip as much as you do.

- More consistent fighter stats/movesets updates, not just when you fix the bugs/glitches. Allow the community to vote/recommend some moves for some fighters for the devs to be able to do it faster.

- I'd love to see some updated faster menu, instead of this laggy/buggy one and perhaps allow us to customize it to our fitting?

- Of course the striking. 1 thing that i'd like to see is varied strike animations depending on the fighter's technique/accuracy/ distance from the opponent and each of those little things should matter & make a difference. I'd love also for the devs to give us some sort of input on the accuracy, by allowing us to affect the accuracy by how well we target the opponent with the left stick that changes the strike & have it depend on the opponent's position and where you target him and give the fighting more of a 3D feeling than the current 2D.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 02-15-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
- Take away the power from the trolls. Every multiplayer mode should automatically disable entrances/prolonged cutscenes. Maybe leave a 30 second cutscene at the 2nd round of a 3 round fight, but dont waste our time on the other rounds and have it depend on the opponent wanting to skip as much as you do.
This. So much. They had the option to turn the intros off for UD3, and it was great. No worries, just go.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:21 PM   #4
MVP

change all the striking and in the ground denials shouldnt be the end of the world like is now
Old 02-14-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
change all the striking
They are from what we hear. I'm more talking about things they can add to the game to make it more in depth, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 04:42 PM   #6
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Nice ideas. Especially the being able to strike your way out of the clinch. I liked that in UD3. As much as I hate bringing this up all the time though, there are still some things they need to take from UD3. Catching strikes into submission attempts, interactive rocked states on the ground and driving takedowns that can rush you into the cage are three that come to mind. But on a side note, another thing I would like to see too is a more realistic parry system cuz this one is soo noobish. The current system is just too easy, over rewarding and ruins the flow of the striking imo. We need a system that is realistic. Where you have to parry to the correct side and height of strikes, where the amount of opening the parry creates is based on the strike parried (no more parrying jabs and countering with head kicks) and where the parry doesn't freeze the opponent. The only thing the parry should do is cause the opponent to not be able to put his guard up immediately after it(that would be the opening for the counter), but he should still be able to move and shouldn't be frozen. This isn't MK, this is MMA. Another thing I can't stand either is the combo system, but I'll save that rant for another time lol.

Last edited by WarMMA; 02-14-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:32 PM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Struggling for Takedowns --- I definitely agree --- but we gotta try to make sure it's not 'gimmicky' (think SHINING THE CONTROLLER in THQ games lol)

Also hope we see a larger stamina penalty for missed takedowns; and larger stamina tax for being dominated on the ground and in the clinch. Embrace The Grind.

Clinch Breaking Strikes / More Dynamic striking in clinch --- I definitely agree w/ you there too

True Stopping Power and 1-strike KNOCKOUTS ---- a man can dream right? The addition of 'extra damage for stepping into round strikes' was a good tweak in a patch for UFC 2, but hopefully we'll see vulnerability windows, etc taken to a whole other level for UFC 3

Hand in hand with above --- and this is tough, not even Madden can do it perfectly yet and it has a much larger budget --- but I definitely hope they work on the Collision Detection and Accuracy in the game. There are still many 'glitches' in the hit detection that hurt my soul sometimes ;( But i know how hard that is to program/etc...but without accurate hit detection, does anything else matter?

Improved leaderboard system!!! PLEASE!!! UFC 2 had a better leaderboard than UFC 1 in terms of how it calculated your points/etc., but still did a poor job of determining who was the 'best' --- more like, who plays the most, and is 'sorta' good ELO system would be preferred, or at least additional tweaks to the current system (i.e. if you used an OVR 95 and lose to an OVR 88 you should lose a TON of points, etc) --- I always thought Fight Night had a good system; and EA MMA had a decent one too; the two EA UFC games leaderboards have been poo poo though

Definitely hope they continue/expand the Live Pick'ems and especially, Live Event Competition, even if it's only for UT rewards The LECs were fun as hell, and I still do the live pick'ems each week even though I'm mostly retired from the game

Oh boy i have more but i'll leave it at that lol those are most of my big ones though.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 02-14-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:54 PM   #8
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

open rank quick match

prizes for online ranked play, in particular coupons for free ice cream

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »