Home

Countering 1-2 body spam is egregiously hard.

This is a discussion on Countering 1-2 body spam is egregiously hard. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 09:40 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Countering 1-2 body spam is egregiously hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veddartha
I don't know if you're talking about UFC2 or
In UFC3 it does not seem a problem anymore to be honest. The problem now is 1-2 body kick, it's fast, decent damage and demolishes your stamina if spammed.
should have a window for counter when u defend cuz is really fast

Last edited by bmlimo; 11-30-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:33 PM   #10
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

I feel like the devs lied about the jab in the striking deep dive. They said nothing can counter it if thrown afterwards, and that just isn't true in my experience playing the game. It's laughable that Eddie has 90 striking speed, Nate has 91, yet they are lightyears apart in the actual game. The delay from button press to actually throwing the shot is gamebreaking when facing the AI, who doesn't have to deal with that same delay and can always interrupt your strikes as a result.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:34 PM   #11
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veddartha
I don't know if you're talking about UFC2 or UFC3. If UFC2, you're right, that was one of my complaints about that game and I did not found a solution at all, just keeping the distance and trying uppercuts.

In UFC3 it does not seem a problem anymore to be honest. The problem now is 1-2 body kick, it's fast, decent damage and demolishes your stamina if spammed.

This. It just sucks.

High block seems to be quick enough but when you try to switch between or body block a kick that is coming in it almost never blocks in time. Try this in practice - strike recording. Throw a jab - body kick. Try to block the jab and then transition to the body kick. Very difficult even when you know it is coming. Blocks need to be sped up. This is a video game and you lack the ability to read the body quite as well, so we need quicker reacting blocks. Nothing more annoying than someone spamming a jab kick combo and knowing how to counter/beat them but the game is holding you back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #12
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
I feel like the devs lied about the jab in the striking deep dive. They said nothing can counter it if thrown afterwards, and that just isn't true in my experience playing the game. It's laughable that Eddie has 90 striking speed, Nate has 91, yet they are lightyears apart in the actual game. The delay from button press to actually throwing the shot is gamebreaking when facing the AI, who doesn't have to deal with that same delay and can always interrupt your strikes as a result.
For the most part, the jab has been effective against a lot of spam. BUT the input lag has killed me.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:13 PM   #13
Rookie

can someone help me out ive made this account in march of this year and i still cant make a new thread it says i dont have premmision can someone let me know whats going on i would lik to post my feedback on the beta thank you
Old 11-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4einboy
can someone help me out ive made this account in march of this year and i still cant make a new thread it says i dont have premmision can someone let me know whats going on i would lik to post my feedback on the beta thank you
Go to the beta feedback thread and post it there instead of making a new thread.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:33 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
For the most part, the jab has been effective against a lot of spam. BUT the input lag has killed me.
What about the catch? Is that delayed or is it faster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 05:29 PM   #16
Banned

The point wasn't that I don't know how to counter the spam. It's that the damage done when countering it is far too low. I can consistently time uppercuts with Conor McGregor and rock them but then they just go back to doing it afterwards. McGregor has dog**** stamina so those 1-2s will hurt him especially when using counters.

I also agree about the body block being much too slow and the catching kick mechanic to be too seldom. I have perfectly timed blocks that don't block the body, let alone catch the dang kick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »