Home

Stamina effect

This is a discussion on Stamina effect within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stamina effect

I know i'm saying the obvious but I been noticing that when a player's stamina is like really low, the fighter still moves and throws strikes at the same speed. Just curious as to why this is. Hope this gets looked into and changed. Would make players pick shots more and worry about stamina.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 12:06 AM   #2
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Re: Stamina effect

Yeah, this new stamina system can't be what the dev team was looking for. It's supposed to be better than UFC 2's, but I think it primarily comes from the fact combos just are penalizing fighters with decent stamina ratings or maybe perks. Whatever the case may be, it should be tuned by release...I hope.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:08 PM   #3
MVP

Martial just made a video on this too. 100% agree. There should be slowdown & deterioration in stats, moves, perks etc.

Edit: To balance things, add physical damage such as swelling, broken nose, cuts etc. so people can't just happily eat punches for 2 rounds before suddenly deciding to fight (in order to gain a stamina advantage).
Old 12-03-2017, 02:18 PM   #4
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

I fought a potato sack last night online that literally had maybe 25% of his long term stamina left in the 3rd round. He could still fire off his 1-2 as fast as me or whatever flurry he went to....
Old 12-03-2017, 02:21 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

I'm with you 100% on this brother.

I just made a video about this and in the comment section, it's almost 50/50 with half of the commenters agreeing and the other half disagreeing.

This is the part that truly worries me.

On one hand we are asking for something that is incredibly realistic, a mechanic that will elevate this game, make fights play out more realistic and just overall lead to a better experience in my opinion. But then you have people who tell you that "It's just a video game, a more realistic stamina system would be too much, it won't be fun, people will just quit".

It frustrates me to no end. It makes me wanna just say screw it and just focus on my own experience. I'll get my defense to a point where aggression won't bother me much and deal with the bullcrap, or just play offline.

It's these same people that will message me NON-STOP demanding that I tell the devs to "Make the game more realistic" but then when I suggest how it should be done I get the "But that won't be fun" excuse thrown at me.

Sorry I kinda went into a rant there but this whole thing is annoying beyond belief.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #6
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
I'm with you 100% on this brother.

I just made a video about this and in the comment section, it's almost 50/50 with half of the commenters agreeing and the other half disagreeing.

This is the part that truly worries me.

On one hand we are asking for something that is incredibly realistic, a mechanic that will elevate this game, make fights play out more realistic and just overall lead to a better experience in my opinion. But then you have people who tell you that "It's just a video game, a more realistic stamina system would be too much, it won't be fun, people will just quit".

It frustrates me to no end. It makes me wanna just say screw it and just focus on my own experience. I'll get my defense to a point where aggression won't bother me much and deal with the bullcrap, or just play offline.

It's these same people that will message me NON-STOP demanding that I tell the devs to "Make the game more realistic" but then when I suggest how it should be done I get the "But that won't be fun" excuse thrown at me.

Sorry I kinda went into a rant there but this whole thing is annoying beyond belief.
I see a ton of MMA fans stating that the reason they don't play these games is because they're unrealistic. I'm not sure if the pool on your channel is the best to choose from. Most people who watch videos of games on youtube are real gamers who know Conor and a few other fighters.

If you went to the MMA subreddit for instance... Basically 100% of them would want more realistic stamina. The MMA subreddit has thousands of active users on it.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Wink Re: Stamina effect

Just watch this video from Martialmind. He’s also talking about the stamina system. Fighters really need to slow down when they are low on stamina.

https://youtu.be/N7f6OAhnbjs
Old 12-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Pandam8nium's Arena

the only thing stamina related very realistic in this game (when it is about damage) is the body shots when your oponent have low Stamina, it drains stamina like hell and do a lot of damage, 100% agree about slowing down and taking less power on punches

I dont know if the team of EA UFC is capable of making the other stats go down (power, speed, head movement and footing) when u have x% of stamina left

for example

100% stamina = 100% Stats

75% stamina = 80% stats

50% stamina = 65% stats

25% stamina = 30 % stats

I'm not a Programmer and dont know if this will take a lot of time to balance and even the need of new perks (for example don't lose Dmg with punche althrough you are tired) but it will make the game so much realistic

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »