Home

EA UFC 3 Universe

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 Universe within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #65
Pro

LarsP's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
As someone who's sole job it is is to work on offline only content, I have to disagree with you.

As someone who also saw how many of our resources were funneled into career and other offline modes, I must again disagree with you.

As someone who is part of a team that puts years of their lives into a product, which we want to be enjoyed by everyone who plays it, I must disagree with you a third time.

Just because a couple features you see/want are not in the game, does not by any means indicate that we're ignoring them. It simply means there were bigger fish to fry with what time we have. For instance, I would love to have a custom AI for every roster fighter, but that just can't be done feasibly. We always do the best we can with what we have. Simple as that.
No disrespect to you or the other devs, I do believe that given the time and money you've got, you've done what you could. My rant was more directed at people higher up at EA who I think are reluctant to put in the resources to make this a AAA game, worthy of a AAA price. So that within the limited resources you had, I feel the offline modes did not get the priority.

Career mode was a real let down after those teaser trailers, can not even get myself to finish it.

Given the fact that event mode is exactly the same, CAF customization is slightly worse and there are so many notable fighters missing, I just can't enjoy my Universe.

Right now the only joy I get out this game is some online quick fights, if I can find an opponent who wants to fight somewhat realistic. That's just a bit sad for a 70 dollar game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 10:25 AM   #66
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandiWandi
My Universe lasted 2 Events most fights finishing in submission so boring
You should use the sliders.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:35 AM   #67
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
No disrespect to you or the other devs, I do believe that given the time and money you've got, you've done what you could. My rant was more directed at people higher up at EA who I think are reluctant to put in the resources to make this a AAA game, worthy of a AAA price. So that within the limited resources you had, I feel the offline modes did not get the priority.

Career mode was a real let down after those teaser trailers, can not even get myself to finish it.

Given the fact that event mode is exactly the same, CAF customization is slightly worse and there are so many notable fighters missing, I just can't enjoy my Universe.

Right now the only joy I get out this game is some online quick fights, if I can find an opponent who wants to fight somewhat realistic. That's just a bit sad for a 70 dollar game.
Its interesting sometimes what we choose to focus on. For example, they added sliders to the game. For anyone who plays the game offline and in a universe like me, thats a big addition. The fact that you will be able to tweak the AI to your liking and wont necessarily have to stick to the AI the devs created for the next 2 years is huge.

They added 2 new offline only modes one of which was demanded by this community for years.

Career mode is an improvement. Not as big of an improvement as some expected but its light years better than UFC 2's career mode. The big complaints I see are that the press conference and weighins are not interactive. Coming from UD3, I can see why some people find it frustrating. With that said, was that piece of career mode really that big of a deal?

I love UD3 but after the first few times, I basically ignored the weighin and post fight interview stuff. It was good for immersion but that didnt make or break the mode for me.

Now I 100% agree with you on Event Mode and CAF and I've talked to the devs about that.

My point is I dont think its a case of EA not doing anything offline. I just dont agree that EA put its resources in the right place. Ive always thought that career mode is a one shot mode. You play it once or twice and then you move on. I've been preaching for 5 yrs that a Universe mode is where they need to focus their attention because like Franchise mode in other sports games, a Universe mode is the type of thing that will keep people playing the entire life cycle of the game.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:18 AM   #68
Banned

I am curious how many people who play offline have created their own Universe and if they use a excel spreadsheet. I have something pretty cool. Ironically, I play primarily online, so wouldnt use it.

The spreadsheet allows you to create Cards on a sheet. The results from the card will go to separate sheets for each weight class. Once you set the point value for W,L,KO and subs it will automatically rank fighters. I am probably underselling it a bit. If anyone is interested let me know. I tried it in google so of the necessary components only work in excel.

I hope in EA UFC 4 they will finally make a universe mode or online leagues. I would actually play single player
Old 04-10-2018, 08:18 AM   #69
Banned

I really wish we get the option to turn off champs never aging and the predetermined rivals

Those two things alone absolutely ruin any hops of immersion.

Offline fights vs the AI are currently too easy and since we cant edit individual tendencies it’s impossible to get to a level I’d deem fun.

Maybe im spoiled from playing 2k and WWE for so long but that’s the level of customization im looking for. I put months into those games to get sliders/tendencies right.

Right now UFC is still an extremely bare game and imo they’ve actually regressed in terms of career mode and definitely UT.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 04-10-2018 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:22 AM   #70
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Tried to make a universe in UFC2, but the CAF limit was too crippling. I now have an offline league of player controlled CAFs, and it would be amazing to not have to write down the records on a piece of paper and to keep the rankings more visable.

I agreed that career mode is kinda a one time thing, and as an offliner a Universe mode / Division Mode / Franchise Manager mode is usually what keeps me coming back to sports games like FIFA/NHL/NFL.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:50 AM   #71
Rookie

I want to make my own universe mode, but I don't know how. I need help. How do I determine the rankings? How many fights should each card be? Can someone help me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2019, 02:24 AM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its interesting sometimes what we choose to focus on. For example, they added sliders to the game. For anyone who plays the game offline and in a universe like me, thats a big addition. The fact that you will be able to tweak the AI to your liking and wont necessarily have to stick to the AI the devs created for the next 2 years is huge.

They added 2 new offline only modes one of which was demanded by this community for years.

Career mode is an improvement. Not as big of an improvement as some expected but its light years better than UFC 2's career mode. The big complaints I see are that the press conference and weighins are not interactive. Coming from UD3, I can see why some people find it frustrating. With that said, was that piece of career mode really that big of a deal?

I love UD3 but after the first few times, I basically ignored the weighin and post fight interview stuff. It was good for immersion but that didnt make or break the mode for me.

Now I 100% agree with you on Event Mode and CAF and I've talked to the devs about that.

My point is I dont think its a case of EA not doing anything offline. I just dont agree that EA put its resources in the right place. Ive always thought that career mode is a one shot mode. You play it once or twice and then you move on. I've been preaching for 5 yrs that a Universe mode is where they need to focus their attention because like Franchise mode in other sports games, a Universe mode is the type of thing that will keep people playing the entire life cycle of the game.
Oh man, don't get me started on Career Mode. You listed 1 complaint - the weigh ins and the press conferences not being interactive. There is so much more wrong with it, everything in fact. FIFA's The Journey is another EA story mode where the player is under the impression they have a choice and everything they do matters but it doesn't matter one bit, it's as scripted as they come. Just check out existing Career threads, there's lots of suggestions for the next game, based on the numerous things that are atrocious in this one.

Edit: Fifa has a pretty solid Career (not story) mode though, though that can always do with more and more attention.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »