Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2018, 05:57 PM   #81
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
Why do you act as if EA is the only company that will make sports games? What many will argue are the two best sports titles on the market, NBA 2K and MLB The Show, have in common is that neither are published by EA.

Your problem is thinking that they're doing you a favor by making this game. As if they didn't, no one else ever would. So you make excuses for mediocrity. And they may be valid excuses, who cares? It's still mediocrity. But much like they've done with Madden, they control 100% of the MMA gaming market so you either have to take what they give you or get nothing at all.

Why are you getting defensive? I asked you a question.

You said that there were plenty of people who were interested. What evidence do you have that 2k was ever interested in the mma market? What evidence do you have that Sony San Diego was interested. 2k bought the WWE license from thq but never showed any interest in the ufc.

If there were a ton of other interested parties, where were they when the ufc license was available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 06:03 PM   #82
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 3 Gameplay - Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
There is no moon walking due to an invisible force field in UFC 3 if you both just walk forward. I'm trying it right now, doesn't happen.
DM meet a download code and I'll hop on the ps4 and check it out on that system.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:13 PM   #83
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
So you make excuses for mediocrity. And they may be valid excuses, who cares? It's still mediocrity.
It's not mediocrity though. It's best in class.

Maybe not in the ways you value, but you can't deny it.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #84
Banned

holyjesus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I'd be willing to bet UFC 2k would be a pretty awesome game.
I would have to disagree, they have lootboxes in carrer mode,season pass,in-disc 1st day paid DLC,you also have to get the collector's edition thats about 200 $ just to get some wrestlers.

Their wrestling games are atrocious I played WWE games since Here Comes The Pain and I stopped in WWE2K16 because the game is really bad and boring.

Carrer mode absolutely sucks, it's pretty much the same game since 2k15, the only good thing they have going is the Universe Mode and the creation tools.

They even got rid Road To Wrestlemania which was a funny cinematic mode

If we had a UFC 2K game you would have yearly releases about 150 fighter's,carrer mode lootboxes, and pretty much the same game with a couple of different animations every year
Old 01-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #85
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyjesus
I would have to disagree, they have lootboxes in carrer mode,season pass,in-disc 1st day paid DLC,you also have to get the collector's edition thats about 200 $ just to get some wrestlers.

Their wrestling games are atrocious I played WWE games since Here Comes The Pain and I stopped in WWE2K16 because the game is really bad and boring.

Carrer mode absolutely sucks, it's pretty much the same game since 2k15, the only good thing they have going is the Universe Mode and the creation tools.

They even got rid Road To Wrestlemania which was a funny cinematic mode

If we had a UFC 2K game you would have yearly releases about 150 fighter's,carrer mode lootboxes, and pretty much the same game with a couple of different animations every year
I dunno. I thought NBA2k17 was amazing.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 09:54 PM   #86
Banned

Kasel's Arena

I agree with those saying the gameplay doesn't look good. Sometimes it does though. I love how smooth it looks in 60fps I wanted this for years. Also I wish we didn't keep these takedown animations, they are so slow, it's like the mo-cap guys were afraid to fall down hard. I'd totally volunteer for some bull rushing takedowns.

GPD, would it be possible to maybe speed these takedown animations up? It takes the fun out of the takedown because it doesn't look realistic, in reality these takedowns wouldn't be affective. All the friends from my gym think the same when watching all the takedowns in the game, so maybe experiment a few minutes on seeing how it looks sped up?
Old 01-10-2018, 09:55 PM   #87
Banned

holyjesus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I dunno. I thought NBA2k17 was amazing.
Their NBA games are good but the Wrestling games are crap.
At least with EA you just have to pay for microtransations in UT and only if you want too, while in WWE2K games you have to pay 25$ for the DLC season pass then if you want the collector edition bonus you have to pay another 5$ some months after the game is released and to top it all off carrer mode lootboxes.

Their games also come out outdated by almost an year, by the time the game is released it's already outdated at least EA gives you fighter DLC for free and the game doesn't come out about a year outdated

They ruined WWE Games
Old 01-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #88
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyjesus
Their NBA games are good but the Wrestling games are crap.
At least with EA you just have to pay for microtransations in UT and only if you want too, while in WWE2K games you have to pay 25$ for the DLC season pass then if you want the collector edition bonus you have to pay another 5$ some months after the game is released and to top it all off carrer mode lootboxes.

Their games also come out outdated by almost an year, by the time the game is released it's already outdated at least EA gives you fighter DLC for free and the game doesn't come out about a year outdated

They ruined WWE Games
I wouldnt call them crap. I enjoy playing them but its funny how much **** EA takes (some of it deserved) vs. what 2k does.

Holyjesus mentioned some of them. 25 bucks for DLC (with only a few fighters people actually want). On top of that, their DLC is locked in before they even release the game. So lets say Brock Lesnar announced that he was coming back to the UFC today. EA would be able to plan to put him in a DLC patch in a few months. With 2k, you would have to wait until next year.

Their online infrastructure is really poor. The lootboxes are also problematic.

With that said, there are a bunch of positives. All 2k sports games are crazy customizable. They seem to focus on more sim focused offline and franchise features. CAF would be LIGHT YEARS better.

Also, depending on how you feel about UD3, 2k wouldve likely used the UD3 engine and built off of that (like they did with WWE).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »