Home

Fighters in the Wrong Weight Classes

This is a discussion on Fighters in the Wrong Weight Classes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fighters in the Wrong Weight Classes

Artem Lobov and Michael Johnson listed as lightweights and are now featherweights. Jake Matthews and Yancy Medeiros listed as lightweights and are now welterweights. Charles Oliveira and Dan Hooker at FW when they should be at LW.

Because fighters like Penn and Edgar are listed as both LW and FW it makes me think that the fighters will not be able to change weight class unless the devs patch it in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2018, 11:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Fighters in the Wrong Weight Classes

Is there any plan on fixing these?
Old 01-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #3
Rookie

honorandgrit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy Single Leg
Artem Lobov and Michael Johnson listed as lightweights and are now featherweights. Jake Matthews and Yancy Medeiros listed as lightweights and are now welterweights. Charles Oliveira and Dan Hooker at FW when they should be at LW.

Because fighters like Penn and Edgar are listed as both LW and FW it makes me think that the fighters will not be able to change weight class unless the devs patch it in.
MJ just did his last fight at FW tho he once again failed when he got took down
Old 01-16-2018, 11:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorandgrit
MJ just did his last fight at FW tho he once again failed when he got took down
Yup he did but he is only listed as a lightweight on the roster website, not as a featherweight.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:40 PM   #5
MVP

I agree, and hope that at the very least, they're in both weight classes and just shown in one for some reason.

The MJ to featherweight was super recent, so I wasn't expecting that, hopefully it gets added.

I'm shocked at Thiago Alves at LW, despite the fact he never made the weight, and fought a catchweight at basically 170, and then returning to WW immediately after if I'm not mistaken.

Also surprised Touchy Fili didn't make the cut, I know he's not by any means on a a must have, but its more depth for the division.

With that said, Barao wasn't on the BW roster (which he should be, for nostalgias sake) but Guida was on both FW and LW, so I dunno what's going on, hopefully the rosters are just full of weird mistakes and omissions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 12:21 AM   #6
Pro

Relax, I said this once before, Bruce Lee is a perfect example. Bruce Lee is in four different weight classes. But do you see Bruce Lee revealed in the Featherweight & Bantamweight divisions? No we don't see Bruce Lee in the other divisions revealed, but does that mean Bruce Lee is not available in four divisions? Not at all.

Some fighters are shown in multiple divisions such as Dodson, Why they did it like this I'm uncertain, but I believe it has something to do with the reveal approach.

For an example I seen people complain about not seeing Renan Barao in the Bantamweight reveal, which I feel he wasn't shown there because they were waiting for a higher weight class division Barao is in to reveal him being in the game.

The way I look at the reveal list is not to expect fighters we know fight in multiple divisions to be revealed on every weight class reveal list.

The only way I see fighters who are in multiple weightclasses show up in multiple list is if the two divisions are being revealed at the same time like it was for Dodson who was in both weightclasses revealed in the same day.

Welterweight and Middleweight is next so I expect to see GSP revealed in both Divisions just because those two weightclasses are being revealed at the same time.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:54 AM   #7
MVP

RDA should definitely be in the WW division, hopefully he is when the roster appears today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »