Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2018, 02:46 PM   #33
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2017
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 photo/video thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Trust me... Once everyone gets there hands on the game and more and more ppl figure out that if your an aggressive fighter always going forward throwing tons of strikes itís gojng to be pretty much impossible to clinch or shoot for a takedown.

There is such a bad pause when getting hit it makes you freeze up and canít do nothing. People think iím complaining but just wait till everyone has there hands on it.

You will see how broken takedowns are.
I remember it being pretty bad from the beta (although I barely wrestled), it just always worries me when people ask for buffs or nerfs week 1, because that isn't enough time to really figure out anything. Obviously I don't have the game so I can't test things, I just think we should give it a little more time before saying it's broken, I've seen plenty of fighting games ruined because people don't want to learn the timing on something that's hard to do/stop.

Again, to be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong, you're probably right, it's just always worrying to see calls for buffs/nerfs so quickly.
__________________
**** off, Nugget7211 - GPD, 2017 & 2018
Internet Hero - Jack Slack, 2018
Nugget7211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:51 PM   #34
MVP
 
Bigg Cee's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 photo/video thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I remember it being pretty bad from the beta (although I barely wrestled), it just always worries me when people ask for buffs or nerfs week 1, because that isn't enough time to really figure out anything. Obviously I don't have the game so I can't test things, I just think we should give it a little more time before saying it's broken, I've seen plenty of fighting games ruined because people don't want to learn the timing on something that's hard to do/stop.

Again, to be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong, you're probably right, it's just always worrying to see calls for buffs/nerfs so quickly.
Itís not rocket science. Itís the same ground game as UFC 2. You can tell after a few games against decent players how bad it is.

Just wait till you have the game. Your going to be pulling out your hair against someone who just comes forward throwing combos like mortal kombat with tons of energy in the following rounds never getting tired. lol

I canít wait till ppl realize how this game is going to be a straight up kickboxing game if they donít do something to fix takedowns in the next patch.
Bigg Cee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:57 PM   #35
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2017
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 photo/video thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Itís not rocket science. Itís the same ground game as UFC 2. You can tell after a few games against decent players how bad it is.

Just wait till you have the game. Your going to be pulling out your hair against someone who just comes forward throwing combos like mortal kombat with tons of energy in the following rounds never getting tired. lol

I canít wait till ppl realize how this game is going to be a straight up kickboxing game if they donít do something to fix takedowns in the next patch.
Meh, I like kickboxing ;P

In all seriousness, not being able to take people down if they're being aggressive won't affect my game too much, if I'm playing a wrestler I go forward and trying to Usman the **** out of people, if I'm playing a striker I circle on the outside and potshot.

If this is a big problem though, it obviously needs fixed, reactive takedowns off sways should be possible. Although, I don't want people to be shooting through clean, landed punches tbh.
__________________
**** off, Nugget7211 - GPD, 2017 & 2018
Internet Hero - Jack Slack, 2018
Nugget7211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 05:02 PM   #36
Dave
 
Dave_S's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Shuffling...
Posts: 7,841
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 photo/video thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Itís not rocket science. Itís the same ground game as UFC 2. You can tell after a few games against decent players how bad it is.

Just wait till you have the game. Your going to be pulling out your hair against someone who just comes forward throwing combos like mortal kombat with tons of energy in the following rounds never getting tired. lol

I canít wait till ppl realize how this game is going to be a straight up kickboxing game if they donít do something to fix takedowns in the next patch.
Sometimes I think the change takedown logic to force you to play the stand up more.
Dave_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:07 PM   #37
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2017
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 photo/video thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Sometimes I think the change takedown logic to force you to play the stand up more.
They honestly might have done that, Demian Maia-ing it should be real difficult and it wasn't in 2 tbh. Reactive takedowns were also way too easy in 2, like, how often do you see some get double legged in the middle of the cage under a straight?
__________________
**** off, Nugget7211 - GPD, 2017 & 2018
Internet Hero - Jack Slack, 2018
Nugget7211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #38
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2017
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 photo/video thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Sometimes I think the change takedown logic to force you to play the stand up more.
GPD has said there aren't hard combo TD setups due to time constraints and that the TD issue is caused by the striking running on a "New" system and the grappling on the "old" and they aren't "bridged" or thereabouts.

Which indeed sucks, as it does force you into a kickboxing match even with grapplers, unless TDs are harder to stuff than in the beta, it is really, reeeeally hard to get taken down.

I just hope these things are high on the patch list.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 01-26-2018 at 12:37 PM.
AeroZeppelin27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:49 AM   #39
MVP
 
EarvGotti's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 photo/video thread

Good fight of me vs Boiler showing how effective body work can be

__________________
Lineup:
PG) Gary Payton
SG) '95-'96 Michael Jordan
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
EarvGotti is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:31 PM   #40
Dave
 
Dave_S's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Shuffling...
Posts: 7,841
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 photo/video thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Good fight of me vs Boiler showing how effective body work can be
The lag though, hopefully it didn't effect you guys much during the match.
Dave_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 PM.

Top -